Table of Contents Hide
- Best Coffee Mug Warmers:
- 1. VOBAGA Coffee Mug Warmer
- 2. COSORI Coffee Mug Warmer & Mug Set, Beverage Cup Warmer for Desk Home Office Use
- 3. Darice Large Jar Warmer
- 4. Disney Mickey Mouse Mug Warmer
- 5. Home-X Mug Warmer, Desktop Heated Coffee & Tea – Candle & Wax Warmer
- 6. Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug
- 7. COSORI Mug Warmer & Coffee Cup Warmer for Desk
- 8. Imperial Home Desktop Heated Mug Warmer
- 9. Salton SMW12 Mug Warmer
- 10. Norpro Decorative Cup Warmer
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Coffee Mug Warmers
- Best Coffee Mug Warmers FAQs
You will learn how to shop for the best mug warmer for your home, office, or when you travel in this comprehensive guide.
With the best coffee mug warmer, your coffee stays continuously warm. The warmer does not boil the coffee but instead provides a low-wattage heat continuously to sustain your coffee’s temperature just the way you like it.
With so many coffee mug warmers, it might be challenging to pick a unit that meets your needs succinctly. I created this guide to help you discern the best coffee mug warmers from the rest. I tested warmers made of different materials (including brushed steel, aluminum, and plastic), differently powered warmers (electrical, battery-operated, and USB-charged mug warmers), and different brands to choose the best.
Read on to learn more.
Best Coffee Mug Warmers:
1. VOBAGA Coffee Mug WarmerView at Amazon
The electrically-powered VOBAGA mug warmer features adjustable temperature settings to maintain the temperature of your coffee just where you need it. It works well in your office and fits perfectly on any flat surface. Use a flat-bottomed or slightly concave mug to bring the coffee as close to the warmer as possible, for optimum results.
Consumers love that this is a temperature-controlled coffee mug warmer. The auto shut-off feature and the waterproof plate make the warmer safe for use at home and in the office.
- Three temperature settings (149, 131, and 104 degrees Fahrenheit) to keep coffee as warm as you want it
- Automatic shut-off after four hours to save electricity if you forget to switch it off
- Flashing the light after the warmer goes off reminds you that the plate is still hot
- Body made of high-tech polyimide film materials to last long
- A waterproof heating plate makes the warmer safe to use
- The 2-in-1 touch button makes the warmer easy to use
- 60-inch power cord for convenient use
- Safe to use
- Durable construction
- Adjusts temperature
- Compact design
- Not chargeable so not good for travel
2. COSORI Coffee Mug Warmer & Mug Set, Beverage Cup Warmer for Desk Home Office UseView at Amazon
The Cosori hot plate for the coffee cup is an electrically-powered device with adjustable temperature. It is an ideal warmer for use at home and in the office. It sports a sleek design that looks great on your desk and is easy to operate.
This warmer impresses consumers with its temperature adjustability, sleek design, and its auto shut-off feature. It is also easy to operate.
- A large cup surface works well with 5, 16, and 21-ounce cups
- Auto shut-off feature after four hours of continuous operation makes the warmer safe
- Long 60-inch power cord for convenient use
- Three temperature settings; 131, 149, and 167 degrees Fahrenheit – keeps your coffee as warm as you need
- An LED light warns when the coffee mug warmer is on
- Safe for use at home and in the office
- The hot plate warms fast
- Three temperature settings
- Easy to use with only three buttons
- Requires a power adapter to plug in standard sockets
3. Darice Large Jar WarmerView at Amazon
The Darice Large Jar Warmer is an electrically powered mug warmer for your home or office. It comes with a lengthy power cord so it can sit on your desk even when the socket is two meters away. However, you might need an adapter to plug it into standard sockets.
It sports an ABS plastic (a durable thermoplastic polymer) construction that makes it rugged for everyday use. You can use it with metallic, glass, and china coffee mugs. This is a large mug warmer with a 4.25-inch diameter – enough to warm the largest coffee mug.
Consumers feel that this is the best coffee mug warmer for large coffee, mugs thanks to its wide base. It is also easy to operate as it has a power button and a light indicator.
- A large diameter to heat large coffee mugs
- A light indicator that warns you when the warmer is on
- Felt-covered feet so you can place them on delicate surfaces like wooden or plastic tables
- ABS plastic body that makes the warmer durable
- Long electric cord for ease of use when the socket is a meter or more away
- Large base for large mugs
- Safe for use on all flat surfaces
- Large power cord for convenience
- Durable ABS plastic body
- You need an adapter to plug it into standard sockets
- The plastic body is still less durable than a metallic body
4. Disney Mickey Mouse Mug WarmerView at Amazon
This is an electrically-powered coffee warmer for a desk that comes with a free 10 oz. mug. It sports the colors of Mickey Mouse (black, red, and yellow) and looks appealing on your desk. Its heating plate features a large diameter so you can warm even the largest coffee mug.
Consumers love the mug warmer, especially its long cord, compact design, and high-quality construction. However, consumers note that the plate can get very hot and there is no way to adjust the temperature.
- Comes with a long cord so you can use it when the socket is far from your desk
- A Mickey power light on the side of the warmer shows when the warmer is on
- 10 oz. the ceramic mug is durable and also matches the Mickey Mouse theme of the warmer
- The body sports a heavy-duty plastic construction
- Inexpensive warmer with free mug
- Looks aesthetically appealing on your desk
- Long cord for convenient use
- High-quality construction lasts long
- The plate gets so hot and may not be safe around children
5. Home-X Mug Warmer, Desktop Heated Coffee & Tea – Candle & Wax WarmerView at Amazon
The Home-X Mug Warmer is a compact coffee cup warmer for the desk. Its heating plate measures 3.5 inches in diameter, enough to take on large coffee mugs. The unit sports a durable construction with a white body that complements the décor of any office. It is an electrically-powered device that comes with a long power cord for convenient use.
Consumers praise the low profile design of the warmer and its white plastic body that looks great in every office. They also note that the unit is simple to use and comes at an affordable price.
- A red indicator light warns when the unit is on
- A sturdy plastic body lasts through many years
- Single switch use – anyone can use the unit
- Sleek and low profile design with a 3.5-inch plate
- Sleek and compact design
- Looks great in every office
- Long power cord for convenient use
- Large plate to accommodate large mugs
- The plastic body is relatively less durable
6. Ember Temperature Control Smart MugView at Amazon
You can use the Ember Smart Mug in your office, at home, or on the road. The warmer is in-built into the mug so you never have to use a device on your office table. It is a rechargeable coffee mug with one-hour battery life – enough for a slow coffee drinker. The unit is also app-controlled so you can regulate the temperature just the way you like.
This might be the best coffee cup warmer according to consumers. It is safe to hand wash, does not require cords running through the office, and you can adjust the temperature as you desire.
- Adjustable temperature to keep coffee between 120 and 145 degrees Fahrenheit
- Choose between a 295ml and a 414ml coffee mug
- LED light shows when the mug is on (you can choose the LED color you prefer)
- Rechargeable battery lasts one hour – further features a charging coaster if you will use the mug all-day
- Ember App lets you control temperature and receive notifications on your phone
- Adjustable temperature
- Easy to control through the Ember App
- Battery lasts for at least an hour
- Two mug capacities to choose from
- Relatively pricey
7. COSORI Mug Warmer & Coffee Cup Warmer for DeskView at Amazon
The Cosori Coffee Mug Warmer looks like a coffee scale, complete with an LED display. On the warmer are three buttons to increase or reduce temperature or switch the machine on or off. You get a metallic coffee mug with the purchase of this warmer.
This coffee mug warmer gets praise for its stainless steel construction that not only looks great but also lasts for many years. Temperature adjustability is another feature that users love.
- Stainless steel construction that makes the unit durable and good-looking
- Touch-tech controls to adjust temperature settings as you prefer
- LED display warns when the plate is on
- Water-resistant plate for safety in the office or home
- Adjustable temperature between 77 and 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Stainless steel 17 oz. mug with a cool-to-touch handle
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Spill-proof and waterproof for safety
- Great price for its quality
- Maintain temperature as you want it
- The metallic body gets hot during use
8. Imperial Home Desktop Heated Mug WarmerView at Amazon
This is another compact cup warmer plate that warms small and medium coffee mugs. It sports a clean design with only an indicator light. Its power switch is a large knob along the length of the power cord. The knob is safe and easy to use though it might not be convenient when you sit at your desk and need to reach it.
Consumers love the ease of use of this unit and its compact design. However, the location of the power switch does not impress most consumers.
- The red power indicator shows when the power is on
- 5-inch diameter (though the hot plate is smaller) to accommodate the standard coffee mug
- The 40-inch power cord reaches the socket with ease
- Power switch on the cord to keep the unit sleek and easy to use
- Low profile at only 1-inch high
- A waterproof plate that makes the unit safe to use
- Great price-quality ratio
- Easy and safe for use at home and in the office
- Low profile and compact construction do not clutter your desk
- Non-skid feet make it safe on your desk
- The power switch is not easy to reach from your desk
- Relatively short power cord
9. Salton SMW12 Mug WarmerView at Amazon
The Salton SMW12 is an electric coffee cup warmer for office or home use. It sports a simple design where only the indicator light is on the unit to warn when the plate is on. This might be an ideal unit for budget shoppers looking for an easy-to-use mug warmer. It works well for small to medium coffee mugs, keeping them warm as hot as you prefer.
Consumers find it appealing for its sleek construction, ease of use, and its budget-friendly price. However, the location of the power switch does not impress many users.
- Comes in a strong plastic construction
- Features a long 60-inch detachable cord to reach the socket conveniently
- The power switch is a wheel on the power cord – which ensures the unit remains sleek
- It has a red indicator light that warns when the plate is hot
- Sports a non-slip base that sits stably on any flat surface
- A waterproof plate makes the unit safe to use
- Affordable price
- Compact design
- Safe to use at home and in the office
- Non-slip base
- The power button on the cord is not easy to reach
10. Norpro Decorative Cup WarmerView at Amazon
The Norpro electric mug warmer has a body with the look of white patterned granite. It comes with a long power cord and a flat rubberized base so you can use it at home or in the office. It is a budget-friendly mug warmer with a compact and durable design.
Consumers love the look of this coffee mug warmer. The patterned white body complements the décor in your office and adds a touch of finesse to your office table.
- 60-inch power cord so you can use it when the socket is far off your desk
- The non-stick heating element is safe for china, metallic, and ceramic mugs
- A waterproof heating element keeps you safe
- The red indicator light warns you when the plate is hot so you never touch
- 3.75-inch diameter base to warm even the largest mugs
- Easy to use
- Long power cord
- Aesthetically appealing
- Durable construction
- Large diameter
- Temperature cannot be adjusted
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Coffee Mug Warmers
Consider the following factors when shopping for a coffee cup warmer:
Coffee mug warmers are either electrically-powered or battery-operated – this also makes the difference between a corded and a cordless mug warmer.
Battery-operated mug warmers are ideal for use on the road and when you need less clutter on your desk. They are also ideal in instances of a power outage. If you prefer a cordless mug warmer, go for one with at least an hour of battery life so you can use it for longer.
Corded mug warmers are more powerful than battery-operated mugs. You can use them all day without stopping to charge them. Choose one with a cord of at least 60 inches.
Choose a coffee warmer plate size based on the sizes of mugs you have. A large warmer plate with a small coffee mug wastes a lot of power and also adds clutter to your desk. Fortunately, most of the warmers on the market accommodate a standard-sized coffee mug.
A coffee mug warmer with an adjustable temperature lets you maintain your coffee at your preferred temperature. Models with only one temperature setting are more affordable but less convenient as you might be forced to switch them on and off depending on the temperature of your coffee. You might pay more for a warmer with temperature control, but it is more convenient as it keeps your coffee just as hot as you want it.
Being electric devices, mug warmers must-have safety features. Safety features on most mug warmers include an indicator light that shows when the plate is hot, non-skid feet, a cool-to-touch body, and an auto-shut-off feature. On some units, the indicator light blinks for a few minutes after you switch off the unit to warn that the plate is still hot. Another important safety feature is the waterproof plate that ensures short-circuiting does not occur.
Design and Ease of Use
Because you do not want clutter on your office desk, a small and compact coffee mug warmer is preferable. However, ensure that the plate has a diameter large enough to accommodate your mugs. You also need an attractive design with a smooth finish. Stainless steel warmers look great on your desk, but they are relatively expensive. Most of the units feature white heavy-duty plastic bodies in neutral colors. A neutral color is great as it complements the décor in your home or office.
If you need a warmer to bring to your next trip, you can choose a heated coffee mug. Instead of a separate warmer, the heated coffee mug has an in-built battery-operated warmer. This is convenient as you can walk around with your coffee in your mug as it gets warm.
Ensure the buttons or knobs are easy to reach.
Best Coffee Mug Warmers FAQs
How warm does a coffee mug warmer get?Some coffee warmers get as hot as 200 degrees Fahrenheit while others barely get to 130. When shopping for a mug warmer, pick one that heats between 130 and 150 degrees Fahrenheit as this is the ideal coffee-drinking temperature. Any plate hotter than 200 will boil the coffee while a plate below 130 degrees might not be warm enough.
How long can I use a coffee warmer?You can use a coffee warmer the whole day. Electric warmer without auto shut-off feature will never go off even after so many hours of use. A mug with an auto shut-off feature might go off after an hour or four hours – you will have to switch it back on if you need it. Battery-operated warmers stay on as long as the battery allows, usually one hour, and then you have to recharge them.
Does a mug warmer hold all sizes of mugs?Most mug warmers will hold the average standard coffee mug – if your mugs are not extra size, you do not have to worry about the size. The average diameter of a coffee mug base is about 8cm and most of mug warmers have a diameter larger than that.
The Ember Smart Mug is my favorite. I prefer it because I can not only adjust the temperature, but I can use it while on the road. This battery-operated mug looks sleek and works perfectly in and out of the office. Try the Ember Smart Mug today and see if you love it.
If your budget restricts you from buying the Ember smart mug, try the Darice Large Jar Warmer, which is as basic as any mug warmer can get. It is the most affordable warner on the list, but it is still safe and easy to use and warms all coffee mugs from the smallest to the largest. If you would prefer a warmer with an adjustable temperature, try out the VOBAGA Coffee Mug Warmer.
Pick your best mug warmer today and enjoy constantly warm coffee.