Crepes are a delicious breakfast or dessert dish, but they are also notoriously difficult to master in the kitchen. It can be hard to get them thin enough without worrying about ripping, burning, or uneven cooking.
I had a hard time with them, too, until I realized that the secret to a perfect crepe is all in the pan you’re using. In this article, I have reviewed the ten best crepe pans options so that you can find the perfect one for you and start enjoying this delicate treat for yourself.
Best Crepe Pans:
1. Lodge Cast Iron Griddle, Round, 10.5 InchView at Amazon
This cast iron crepe pan from Lodge is pre-seasoned, so it’s ready to use the minute you buy it. With shallow walls and a wide cooking surface, this griddle pan is perfectly suited to cook up large, thin crepes with ease.
This pan is extremely durable and easy to clean, so it will last you for years to come. It works on all cooking surfaces including electric ranges, gas burners, and even campfires, so you can cook up the perfect crepes in any kitchen.
- Wide and shallow, the perfect size for crepes
- Extremely durable and long-lasting
- Comes pre-seasoned and ready to use
- Compatible with all cooking surfaces
- Some issues with crepes sticking to the pan
2. Cuisinart 623-24 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 10-Inch Crepe PanView at Amazon
This non-stick crepe pan from Cuisinart is the perfect solution for anyone who has a hard time getting their crepes off the pan without breaking. The cooking surface is reinforced with titanium, so the crepes heat evenly and then slide right off with no mess and no extra oil or butter required.
This pan is constructed with non-porous materials, so it won’t rust or warp over time. It is also incredibly easy to clean and provides a wide cooking surface that allows for thin, perfect crepes every time.
- Non-stick surface to prevent tearing crepes
- Easy to clean
- Made with durable materials
- Cannot be used on induction cooking surfaces
- The inside surface scratches easily with metal utensils
3. de Buyer – Force Blue – Blue Steel Crepe & Tortilla Pan – Nonstick Carbon Steel Frying Pan with Traditional French HandleView at Amazon
This high-quality crepe pan from De Buyer was made in France using blue steel, so you know you’ll be making classic, perfect, and delicious crepes just like the French do it. It is designed to become more and more non-stick as you use it, eliminating toxic non-stick chemicals and allowing it to be seasoned to your preferences.
The shallow sides of the pan are slightly flared out, making it very easy to flip delicate crepes without breaking or folding them. Additionally, the handle is contoured for easy flipping and transferring crepes to plates. Constructed with heavy-duty materials, this pan will last for years and years to come.
- Flared wised make it easy to flip crepes
- Authentic French design and materials
- Durable and long-lasting
- Becomes more non-stick over time
- Takes a bit of effort to season yourself after you first buy it
4. Cook N Home 10.25-Inch Nonstick Heavy Gauge Crepe Pancake Pan GriddleView at Amazon
This crepe pan from Cook N Home provides a high-quality yet budget-friendly option for crepe lovers. The aluminum material of the pan has been designed to prevent uneven heating, which is essential for cooking ultra-thin crepes.
The pan’s handle stays cool as you cook, making it easy to flip crepes along the flared sides and transfer them delicately to a plate after cooking. Additionally, the aluminum pan is extremely lightweight, making it easy to maneuver for beginners just getting used to flipping crepes themselves.
- No hot spots or uneven cooking
- Extremely lightweight and easy for anyone to handle
- Non-stick surface and flared sides for easy crepe flipping
- Not as durable or long-lasting as higher-quality options
- The plastic handle may warp or melt with heat
5. de Buyer – Mineral B Crepe & Tortilla Pan – Nonstick Frying and Pancake Pan – Carbon and Stainless SteelView at Amazon
This easy-to-use crepe skillet is minimal in design and fits well into any kitchen. It is constructed completely out of iron, so it’s a great option for anyone worried about using non-stick materials in their cooking.
This pan can be used on any cooking surface without rusting, warping, or taking damage, so you can make the perfect crepes in any environment. The bottom of the skillet itself is only 2.5 mm thick, so it heats up quickly and evenly which is necessary for crepe cooking.
- Made with all-natural materials
- The thin bottom allows for quick and even heating
- Induction ready
- Will not rust, warp, or burn over time
- Takes a lot of effort to initially season the pan
6. GOURMEX 10″ Induction Cast Aluminum Crepe PanView at Amazon
This versatile crepe pan is compatible with all types of cooking surfaces, including induction, so it works well in any and all kitchens. The heavy-duty cast aluminum material makes the pan incredibly durable, so you won’t have to worry about rusting or warping over time.
The pan is non-stick, so your delicate crepes will never tear upon removal, but the coating is designed to never wear away and leave you exposed to harmful chemicals.
- Non-stick surface for a delicate crepe cooking
- Extremely durable materials prevent warping
- Compatible with all cooking surfaces including induction
- Nonstick coating may scratch away with the use of metal utensils
7. Norpro Nonstick Breakfast/Crepe/Totrilla PanView at Amazon
Another affordable option, this crepe pan from Norpro features flares, and shallow sides that make it incredibly easy to flip crepes and move them safely to a plate after cooking. The pan is coated with a non-stick finish, so you will never have to worry about thin crepes getting stuck to the bottom of the pan or breaking as you remove them.
A thumb grip in the handle of the pan makes it easy to move the batter around, transfer crepes, and lift the pan easily for just about anybody.
- Lightweight design makes flipping easy
- A non-stick surface is ideal for delicate crepes
- Flared sides make it easy to remove crepes from the pan
- Can only be used with plastic, rubber, or wooden utensils
- Not induction surface friendly
8. Zyliss Ultimate Tortilla & Crepe PanView at Amazon
This amazing crepe pan from Zyliss features the shortest walls of any pan on the list, making it ideally suited for authentically thin crepes. The three-layer ceramic coating makes the pan both non-stick yet safe and healthy for cooking.
Despite being non-stick, this pan is designed to work well with metal utensils, so you won’t have to worry about scratching it with thin metal crepe spatulas. The ergonomic handle makes it extremely comfortable to flip and transfer crepes with ease.
- Shallow sides perfectly designed for crepes
- Non-stick but won’t scratch with metal utensils
- Comfortable, ergonomic handle grip
- Sometimes gives off a strange odor as it heats up on the stove
9. Cuisinart FCT23-24NS French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 10-Inch Nonstick Crepe PanView at Amazon
If you’re looking for a classic French crepe pan, then this option from Cuisinart may be just what you want. The inside surface of the pan ensures that crepes don’t stick as they cook, and the 10-inch surface provides plenty of room for large, incredibly thin crepes.
Despite how hot the pan itself gets, the stainless steel handles are designed to stay cool to the tough. This makes it very easy to transfer the crepes to a plate gently and with great control over the pan.
- Non-stick interior surface
- Classic french design
- Panhandle stays cool to the touch while cooking
- Fantastic and even distribution of heat
- The heavy handle can cause the pan to lift away from the cooking surface if left unsupervised
10. Tefal Sausage Dog, Pancake, Crepe panView at Amazon
This crepe pan from Tefal is constructed with aluminum materials, making it durable yet lightweight. Additionally, this material heats up evenly so you won’t have to worry about hot spots when you are cooking your crepes.
The pan’s non-stick coating allows crepes to simply slide off the pan after cooking, so you won’t have to worry about folding or tearing as you transfer them to a plate. The lighter weight of this pan along with the comfortable handle makes it easy for anyone in the kitchen to work with and handle.
- Very lightweight in design
- Non-stick coating allows crepes to slide right off without damage
- Durable and long-lasting aluminum
- Not compatible with induction cooking surfaces
- Can’t be used with metal utensils
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Crepe Pans
One of the first things you’ll want to consider when you buy a crepe pan is whether or not you want a non-stick surface. While a non-stick coating certainly makes it easier to flip and transfer crepes without the delicate food breaking or folding, it also limits your cooking utensils to eliminate the use of metal.
Some non-stick pans, such as the carbon steel options, can be seasons ed over time to become non-stick while still working with all utensils. We suggest a non-stick coating for beginner crepe cooks, but carbon steel or cast iron options for more experienced cooks who have the time to season them properly.
Pan Weight and Materials
Next, you will want to consider the weight and quality of the pan. While a lightweight aluminum pan is definitely easier to work with, it may not last as long as a heavier option.
If you need something very easy to flip and move around the kitchen, then an aluminum pan is probably your best option. However, if you’re looking for a crepe pan that is going to last years and years to come, then we highly suggest cast iron or steel options.
Cooking Surface Compatability
The cooking surface you will be using plays a huge role in what type of crepe pan you will want to consider buying. Not all pans work with induction surfaces, so be sure to look specifically for an option that does.
Whether you work with gas ranges, electric stoves, or an induction surface, pay special attention to what the manufacturer of the pan says about cooking surface compatibility. Using a pan on the wrong surface can damage both the pan itself as well as your range.
Best Crepe Pans FAQs
Can I Use a Crepe Pan for Other Foods?Yes. While crepe pans are specifically designed for cooking thin, delicate crepes, their design actually makes them perfect for a few other foods as well. Along with crepes, you'll find that pancakes, omelets, and tortillas can also be cooked in these pans. Other dishes can be prepared in a crepe pan, too, as long as they don't spill over the shallow walls of the pan.
Why use A Crepe Pan Instead of a Regular Skillet?Unlike a typical skillet, crepe pans are specially designed to make cooking and flipping delicate crepes easier. They often feature flared sides that allow the crepe to be flipped without a spatula and then slid right onto a plate so that you won't rip them. Crepe pans are also thinner, allowing them to heat up more evenly which is ideal for a very thin layer of crepe batter.
What Size is a Crepe Pan?In general, crepe pans typically measure about 10.5 inches. Crepes are usually much wider than an average pancake, and this is because they are usually folded over before they are eaten so they can be stuffed with some type of filling. The wider cooking surface of a crepe pan allows it to cook thinly and evenly along all edges so that it can be folded once you're done cooking.
We love every single crepe pan on this top ten list, but if you’re looking for the very best of the best then we suggest going with the Cuisinart 623-24 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 10-Inch Crepe Pan. It features no actual non-stick coating, so you can use it with all types of utensils and on all cooking surfaces. Still, it becomes more non-stick over time for easy flipping. It is certainly the most durable option on the list and will last for years to come.
We hope this guide helped you better understand what to look for when buying a crepe pan of your own and gets you one step closer to buying the perfect option for yourself and your kitchen. A perfect crepe can only be achieved with the right cooking tools. All of these options are a great fit for anyone who wants to cook a perfectly thin and delicious French crepe every single time.
Thank you so much for reading!