Welcome to this comprehensive review of the best food processors for dough. Our food processor reviews have been undertaken by the best brains in culinary arts. Each review has been compiled after careful assessment of food processors in both online markets and physical stores.
Choosing top-quality food processors makes your cooking easier, more fun, and safer, and this article contains tips to help you make the right choice when buying a food processor.
Cooking food that requires a blend of many different ingredients can be tough, especially when you have a busy schedule. Each ingredient has a unique way of preparation and doing the preparation manually can be unsafe if you don’t possess top-notch knife skills.
Food processors ease the process of preparing food before cooking and guarantee your safety since they eliminate the need of relying solely on a knife to chop, dice, julienne, or slice food items. You can prepare lots of ingredients within minutes when using a food processor using little effort and with no knife handling skills whatsoever.
Another advantage that cooks get when they use a food processor is a well-organized collection of the cut ingredients. Food processors are designed with an easy disposal and collection mechanism for the items that go through the blades. As such, preparing food ingredients using a food processor keeps the kitchen tidy and leaves cooks with little cleanup to do after preparing a meal.
Some cooks confuse food processors with blenders because they have a similar look. The two devices, however, differ in how they function. A blender has blades that swirl around with great speed which reduces hard and soft food items into liquid form. A food processor on the other hand has blades that cut up food items into small pieces without changing their texture or weight.
Food processors have different cup capacity, which is measured in cup size or liters. The cup size measurement is the number of ingredients that the food processor can handle in one go. You can get food processors that range from 2cup to 12-cup sizes in the market. The capacity of a food processor limits the number of food ingredients you can prepare in one go. If you cook for a large number of people, the food processor with the largest capacity will serve you better. Smaller food processors are ideal if you are cooking for your small family or roommate.
Different food prep methods
Consider the different ingredient preparation methods supported by the food processor. Functions such as chopping and dicing are standard on most food processors while others have greater capabilities, such as kneading dough and squashing fruits to extract juices.
Additional accessories that come with some top-of-the-range food processors help you to use more food preparation methods than just cutting up ingredients. As such, look out for processors that come with thin and thick grating attachments, spiralizer discs, smaller blades, juicers, blending accessories, or dough-kneading attachments.
Best Food Processors for Dough:
1. Ninja Mega Kitchen System Blender and Food ProcessorView at Amazon
This is one of the top-quality food processors that every commercial or domestic kitchen should consider investing in. It comes with an 8-cup food processing bowl with 2 dedicated blades. You also receive a 72 Oz pitcher and a single serving attachment when you buy this versatile processor.
The base has a 1500-watt motor system housed in the interior, which is operated by pressing buttons with 4-speed variations and pulse control.
Cooks who have this product in their kitchens report loving the 4-speed options that allow them to diversify their menus. The dough kneading option has received many thumbs up for its mess reduction advantage that replaces traditional hand mixing.
- The 8-cup food processing bowl is large enough to hold lots of food contents. It comes with 2 dedicated blades enough for a variety of food processing methods and kneads up to 2 pounds of dough in 30 seconds
- Comes with an extra-large blending pitcher that holds up to 64 oz of food contents enough for pulverizing down the ice into snow within seconds
- Extra twin 16-ounce Nutri Ninja cups with lids enable the preparation of a single serving of nutritional drinks and are portable to allow you to enjoy taking your drink on the go
- The base houses a 1500-watt motor with four variable speed options that come with preset configurations for kneading dough, blending, crushing, and juicing
- Bowl, pitcher, and Nutri cups detach from the base and are safe for dishwasher cleaning
- Sold with many attachments that help to diversify food preparation
- Parts clean with minimal effort in the dishwasher
- The motor can be varied to 4 different speeds
- Pitchers and cups don’t support mixing very hot liquids
- Blades have no emulsified option for super-smooth mixing textures
2. Hamilton Beach 8-Cup Compact Food ProcessorView at Amazon
The Hamilton Beach is a mid-sized food processor that holds up to 8 cups of ingredients. It comes with a tall and wide chute at the top while the interior features reversible disc slicers with stainless steel blades. The processor is powered by a powerful 450-watt motor with 2-speed controls. The side has a spacious loop handle while the bottom part houses the motor and has a knob at the front.
Consumers commend how this food processor is designed creatively to support a wide range of food preparation methods, making it the best food processor for baking. Many users particularly love the way the bowl fits over the base to reduce the size of the whole appliance to a size that fits inside any shelf.
- Powerful motor with 450 watts power output supports varied food preparation methods that include shredding, slicing veggies, pureeing, and chopping
- The large-sized chute at the top allows the fitting of large and small food items
- The clear bowl with 8 cup capacity holds enough food items for cooking a reasonably sized meal
- A 2-speed control pulse allows cooks to vary the intensity of the cutting blades to match different recipes
- The chute detaches from the bowl and the bowl flips over to cover the base, which reduces the size of the food processor into a compact size for convenient storage.
- Bowl, lid, and blades are all safe for dishwasher cleaning
- Disc blades are reversible for two-sided use while the stainless steel blades are S-shaped to handle mixing and pureeing
- Cleans effortlessly in the dishwasher
- Blades support many different food preparation methods
- Occupies little space when in storage
- Supports 2-speed configuration for different recipes
- Makes a lot of noise when in operation
- Shredder attachment easily breaks
3. Cuisinart FP-8SV Elemental 8 Cup Food ProcessorView at Amazon
Kitchens that have limited space can benefit from the best compact food processor, and this is exactly what we consider this product to be. You receive this processor with a single 8 cup work bowl that features clear calibration markings on the transparent body.
The interior of the work bowl has 2 reversible blades while the front part of the base has speed control buttons. The top of the work bowl features a tall cylindrical chute while the front has a spacious loop handle.
Cooks who operate inside small kitchens appreciate the compactness of this product, which needs little space to store and use. The reversible blades slice and clean easily while the control buttons on the base help to vary blade speed for different methods of preparing food.
- The base houses a 300-watt motor, which spins the blade effortlessly to cut through soft and hard food items
- The 8-cup work bowl is large enough to handle lots of food content. The calibration marking on the surface is easy to read and will help you to get the right amount of ingredients every time
- Parts that are used in the assembly of this processor detach for easy cleaning inside the dishwasher
- A large feed tube at the top enables you to add items easily
- Its compact size, at 7.60 x 9.58 x 15.19 inches, makes it easy to store in a small kitchen
- Parts detach, which makes it easy to clean the processor either by hand or in the dishwasher
- Compact and ideal for kitchens with limited space
- Has safety measures that prevent accidents and spilling
- Handle location makes it hard to configure settings on the buttons
4. Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food ProcessorView at Amazon
This Processor combines large capacity and remarkable functionality while its price is low to make it the best budget food processor. It is powered by a 500-watt motor with 2 options for speed and pulse control. The top has a 5-inch wide chute and the 10-cup bowl houses a reversible slicing disc and dough blade. The front part of the base has 4 black push buttons.
Users who own this processor like the wide choice of settings it supports while the large capacity bowl is enough for preparing food for a large family.
- Wide chute makes it easy to feed solid food items into the processor
- Control buttons allow the configuration of the blades to different speeds
- A large processing bowl handles lots of food at a go saving you the time you spend in preparation
- Parts separate and fit inside the bowl for convenient storage
- Supports many food preparation methods
- Parts come off and fit inside the bowl for storage
- The blades are not made for crushing ice
- Covering lid traps moist food particles which are hard to remove
5. Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food ProcessorView at Amazon
When buying a food processor on a tight budget, you should get the best food processor for the money, and that is what the Braun cup processor delivers. German engineering brings a large 12-cup maximum capacity food processing bowl with clear calibration markings.
The bowl has a tall cylindrical chute at the top and comes with multiple blade attachments for diversified food preparation. The base is white in color, concealing motors with a 600-watt rating in the interior, and features two knobs at the front.
Cooks have left many comments expressing their joy after using this food processor. For instance, they say they enjoy using the twin knobs, which are easy to master while the large chute is large enough to accommodate many food items at the same time.
- Its two control knobs with preset blade speeds ensure you don’t have to cycle through different speeds to reach the speed you want to set.
- Its motor runs quietly, enabling you to start up an early breakfast without waking up the entire house
- Parts are all safe for dishwasher cleaning apart from the base that house the electric motor
- The assembly is easy to put together and break apart. It is also compact, which eases storage
- Safety enhancement features prevent the processor from starting up when the parts are not properly locked into place
- Energy-efficient motors consume low power
- Compact in size and fits in small spaces
- Supports many food preparation methods
- Reduces messes in the kitchen
- Instructions for use are not very clear to some users
6. KLARSTEIN Bella Argentea Tilt-Head Stand MixerView at Amazon
The tilt-head mechanism and a stainless steel bowl with a spill guard make this product the best professional-grade food processor. At 14.2 x 15.4 x 9.1 inches, it supports blade speed variation up to 6 different speeds.
Buyers say they are impressed by how quiet this mixer runs when operating at top speed. The tilt-away design makes cleaning a breeze and the stainless steel bowl is durable and large enough to hold lots of food items.
- 650-watt motor with a planetary mixing system operates quietly and mixes food contents evenly in a short time
- The quick clamping system allows you to swap between different functions
- 6-speed mixer settings allow you to perform various food prep functions, which include kneading, pureeing, and beating, among others.
- Tilt head design makes the mixing bowl accessible
- Suction feet at the base help to make the mixer steady
- Handles many food preparation methods
- Stands steady
- Cleans easily
- Compatible attachments for replacement are hard to find
7. KitchenAid KFP1133WH 11-Cup Food ProcessorView at Amazon
The 11-cup capacity of the processor bowl on this product makes it the best home food processor for a large family. It comes with an externally accessible lever, a 3-in-one feeding system, and high, low, and pulse adjustment buttons.
Owners of this home food processor say they are impressed with the way the external blade adjuster works to make precise cuts speedy.
- External blade adjuster allows you to vary speed and blade precision
- The 3-in-one feeding system allows you to fit both small and large food items into the processor
- High and low settings handle preparing both soft and hard food items
- Ultra-tight seal between the bowl and base prevents leaking and reduces messes in the kitchen
- A sturdy body withstands brutal force used when dealing with hard foods
- 11-cup bowl holds lots of food content enough for many people
- Comes with accessories for dough kneading
- Requires to be held to reduce movement when it is in operation
8. Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food ProcessorView at Amazon
This is the best small food processor because it is not limited to features to make food preparation easier. It comes with a 12-bowl work bowl fitted with a braking system. It has a 5-inch wide chute at the top and a base with well-labeled buttons. It features a 1000-watt motor and connects to the typical 120 volts AC outlet.
Buyers report loving the functionality of this processor, which is easy to understand. The strong body withstands brutal force coming from the interior when cutting up hard foods without cracking or breaking.
- The induction motor consumes less power and has overload control to prevent failing or faltering
- Chute has 3 feed options that prevent tall and narrow foods from tipping over
- Adjustable slicing disc allows up to 24 thickness differentiation, which allows diversified food preparation techniques
- Micro-serrated blades deliver swift cutting action and consistent chops
- Cleans with minimal effort
- Buttons are well labeled
- Strong body with handles vigorous daily use
- The stock cord that comes in packaging is very short
Head out and buy the Breville Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor for an amazingly effortless food preparation process at home. We rank this product top among the food processors we reviewed because of its extra-large size and the induction motor that is energy efficient and runs quietly.
The feeding mechanism has a uniquely designed chute that prevents large food, such as carrots, from tipping over as they go in and the parts detach for easy cleaning and storage. If that is not your favorite processor, also consider the other items in the review above, which we also think perform well.