Are you ready to step up your game in the kitchen? Modern kitchen appliances are necessary for a good home chef to create delicious meals. The best garlic press can take your alfredo from delicious to mind-blowing.
We’ve researched the best garlic presses available, analyzing factors like material used, comfort, price, and more, and narrowed the list down to the top ten. The variety of garlic presses on this list ensures there is the right garlic press just for you.
Best Garlic Presses:
Best Overall: OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic PressView at Amazon
Next on our list of best garlic mincers is the OXO garlic press. This basic garlic press has a large capacity garlic chamber for cooks who love to use a lot of garlic.
The handle is soft and comfortable to hold, and the die-cast zinc chamber features a built-in cleaner. Reverse the handle, and the cleaner pushes the garlic out of the holes of the mincer.
Users of this garlic peeler say it is the best peeler they’ve ever had. They say the comfortable grip makes pressing the garlic easy and comfortable.
- Comfort rubberized grip makes crushing garlic comfortable compared to other garlic crushers with hard metal or plastic handles.
- Built-in cleaner pushes garlic skins out of the crusher to make clean-up easier.
- This mincer is not stainless and pays rust after a number of washes.
Best Runner-Up: Orblue Garlic Press, Stainless Steel MincerView at Amazon
We start our list off with one of the best garlic presses available. The Orblue garlic press comes with several accessories that make peeling and crushing garlic a breeze.
This stainless steel garlic crusher is dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to worry about cleanup. Orblue includes a garlic peeler and a lifetime guarantee. This mincer’s durable construction ensures that it will be a staple in your kitchen for years to come.
People say that this is their favorite garlic crusher, and one person even bought a second one after losing their first.
- Orblue is so confident about its products that they offer a lifetime, no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee.
- The included garlic peeler lets you prep the clove before you put it into the garlic press.
- Some garlic cloves will go up the sides of the crusher instead of pressing directly through.
Best Design: Alpha Grillers Garlic PressView at Amazon
This hand garlic press comes with a lifetime guarantee. The durable construction of this crusher is unmatched, and it comes at an affordable price.
This garlic press is made from stainless steel and is dishwasher safe. The large garlic chamber is perfect for large cloves or even multiple cloves of garlic at one time.
Many say that this garlic press quickly became a staple in their kitchen—people like that you can also use this press for other things like onions, ginger, and nuts.
- The stainless steel construction of this garlic crusher is durable and easy to use.
- Included silicone garlic peeler preps your garlic for being crushed.
- This crusher does not have silicone handles and may be uncomfortable to use for long periods of time.
- The moveable chamber on this device can be difficult to work with.
Most Comfortable: ZYLISS Susi 3 Garlic PressView at Amazon
This garlic squeezer is made of lightweight cast aluminum with a streamlined design.
This garlic press features a basket that swings out to clean it easily and a built-in cleaning brush, which works like a toothbrush for the crusher.
Users appreciate the built-in cleaning brush, which makes picking out garlic a thing of the past.
- This crusher comes with a built-in cleaning tool, so you can get all the bits of garlic out of the chamber when you are done using it.
- Although this garlic press is dishwasher safe, it is recommended that you hand wash it.
Best High-End: MiTBA Garlic Press Best Professional Stainless Steel GadgetView at Amazon
This is one of the best garlic peelers and crushers on the market. This device combines a modern design with added functionality.
The stainless steel design of this mincer features silicone handles to provide a comfortable grip. Easy access to the crushing chamber means that cleaning will be a breeze. If you don’t feel like hand washing this crusher, you can put it in the dishwasher.
People who use this garlic crusher say it works better than some crushers that cost twice as much. Many appreciate that this garlic crusher is well crafted and durable.
- This quality crusher offers you superior design and function for just over $10.
- You can put unpeeled cloves directly into this crusher and it will still crush them with ease.
- This garlic press is physically larger than others on this list, which may make it difficult for some people to use.
Best Dual Purpose: Rösle Stainless Steel Mincing Garlic / Ginger Press with ScraperView at Amazon
The unique design of this stainless steel garlic press includes an equally unique feature.
This stainless steel garlic press includes a built-in scraper that allows you to scrape the device’s garlic off after you have pressed it. This eliminates the need to scrape the garlic off with a knife or the even messier option of using your finger.
Consumers say this is the perfect garlic press. They love the weighted handle of this design and say that the scraper function is game-changing.
- A built-in scraper eliminates the need to use a knife to scrape the crushed garlic out of the device.
- The weighted handle gives you extra leverage when crushing garlic or ginger.
- This crusher is on the expensive side at around $35.
Best Large Garlic Press: UberChef Premium Stainless Steel Garlic Press & Peeler SetView at Amazon
This beautifully designed garlic crusher is perfect for a chef’s kitchen.
This heavy-duty garlic mincer is made of stainless steel and can be rinsed under warm water or run through the dishwasher for easy cleanup. This company is so confident that you will love their product that they offer a lifetime guarantee.
People who use this peeler say that they appreciate the durable construction at an affordable price. They like the included garlic peeler and cookbook, detailing recipes you can make using your garlic peeler.
- An included garlic peeler allows you to prepare the cloves of garlic before putting them into the crusher.
- This garlic crusher is also strong enough to work with ginger, making it a versatile utensil in your kitchen.
- UberChef offers a lifetime guarantee. If you are not happy with the product at any time you can return it for a refund.
- The chamber is not connected to the handle which can make this crusher a little awkward to handle.
Best Ikea Garlic Press: Ikea 000.891.63 Koncis Garlic PressView at Amazon
This garlic tool by Ikea is the best example of modern design and function.
Ikea’s Koncis garlic press features a removable chamber, which makes cleaning easier and helps you scoop the garlic out when cooking.
Customers have nothing but great things to say about this garlic press. Many say it is their favorite kitchen utensil.
- The removable chamber allows you to easily scoop the garlic out when cooking and makes cleaning up a breeze.
- This garlic press works well with unpeeled cloves of garlic.
- This garlic press is only meant to be hand washed.
Good Quality : Chef’n FreshForce Garlic PressView at Amazon
This stylish garlic press will be a welcome addition to your kitchen appliance drawer.
The basket swings out for easy cleaning, and the press is dishwasher safe.
Users say that this is an excellent beginner garlic press at an affordable price. They like the swing-out basket for cleaning.
- The garlic chamber swings out for easy rinsing between uses.
- This is an affordable garlic press for around just $10.
- The body of this garlic press is made of plastic and may not be as durable as metal versions.
Best Easy Clean Garlic Press: Kuhn RikonView at Amazon
This garlic mincer tool has a futuristic look and an easy-to-clean basket.
The hard plastic press handle is one solid piece and comes in a bright red shade to add some color to your kitchen. The chamber basket swings out for a quick rinse-off, or you can put it in the dishwasher for easier cleaning.
Those who use this garlic press say that it is unique in its simplicity. They say that they appreciate Swiss engineering.
- This garlic press is dishwasher safe, though the stainless steel basket flips out for easy cleaning.
- This is a pricier model at around $20.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Garlic Presses
Of course, you want to be sure you get the best garlic press possible, so you want to consider a number of factors before making your purchase.
Here are some factors to consider when you are looking around for a new garlic press:
The garlic chamber of each press is made of metal, usually stainless steel, and the body will either be made of metal or plastic. Plastic crushers may be more comfortable to use, but they are not as durable as metal pressers. Your best bet for durability is Rösle Stainless Steel Garlic Press, which has a solid stainless steel handle, and a scraper function.
The chamber of your garlic press is arguably the most important aspect of the device. Decide whether you want to cook with large volumes of garlic or not, and you can choose whether you need a larger chamber. Some chambers swing out to empty and clean them more easily, though it may be more difficult to work with an extra moving part.
When you consider these factors, you will have all the ammunition you need to make an informed decision to pick the best garlic press for you.
A garlic press can make a huge difference in your cooking. Fresh pressed garlic adds depths to your flavors that garlic powder or paste can achieve.
While there are many factors to consider when shopping for the best garlic press, this list has everything you need to find the best garlic crusher. Consider what material you want your garlic press to be made of, the price range you are looking for, and you are ready to make your informed decision.
Our favorite option on this list is the Rösle Stainless Steel Garlic Press. The reason we chose this one was the innovative scraper function. If you are looking for a more affordable option, try the Ikea Koncis Garlic Press, which is a stainless steel press with a removable chamber for just around $10.
Whether you are looking for a simple, inexpensive garlic press or something more professional, there is something on this list for you!