Table of Contents Hide
- The 10 Best Grills for Apartment Balcony:
- 1. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B
- 2. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
- 3. Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill, Black
- 4. Char-Broil 20602108 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
- 5. Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
- 6. Techwood 15-Serving Electric Grill Indoor/Outdoor Electric BBQ Grill
- 7. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- 8. Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
- 9. Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand
- 10. Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill
- Tips on Choosing the Best Grills for Apartment Balcony
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Grills for Apartment Balcony
- Grills for Apartment Balcony FAQs
When you live in an apartment, outdoor space is usually minimal. However, with the best balcony grill, you can continue to enjoy those summer cookouts no matter how much space you have available. After performing extensive research, we have determined which balcony grills are superior.
Explore a variety of reviews and tips to pick the best grill for apartment balcony. Now, it is time to start.
As you explore small BBQ grills for apartments, comparing them side by side can help you to better narrow down your options:
- The Weber 14-Inch Portable Grill is made from durable stainless steel and has porcelain-enameled features to ensure optimal heat retention. Easily control the temperature and smoke level thanks to the dampers.
- The Char-Griller Patio Pro Grill is made of cast iron for optimal heat retention and evenness. Get the right smoke level by using adjustable dampers.
- The Lodge Hibachi-Style Grill uses charcoal as fuel for a classic taste. It fits onto a tabletop and is made from cast iron to ensure that your foods cook evenly.
The 10 Best Grills for Apartment Balcony:
1. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50BView at Amazon
The George Foreman Electric Grill has a unique shape and 240 square inches of grilling surface. This ensures that you can cook for multiple people at the same time.
Take advantage of the temperature indicator light so that you know exactly when you are in the proper temperature zone. There is a probe thermometer that you can use to monitor the temperatures of the different foods that you are cooking.
There are five heat settings to choose from too, making it easy to cook within the right heat level. Due to its small size, you can easily fit it onto most apartment patios and balconies.
You never have to worry about flare-ups since this grill does not use any propane. There is also no charcoal, so it is very easy to keep clean in between uses.
This is the best electric grill for an apartment balcony because you can place it almost anywhere. Its compact size makes it easy to work with.
You can control the temperature easily, according to several consumers. This makes it possible to use this grill for just about any type of food.
- You can make up to 15 servings using this grill
- The stand is removable if you prefer to use it on a tabletop
- You can place it almost anywhere
- It only takes a few minutes to clean
- You can maintain a steady temperature
- The stand is sometimes hard to remove
2. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable GrillView at Amazon
The Weber 14-Inch Portable Grill is very easy to use. You can set it on the ground or on a tabletop, depending on your preferences.
You can use a burger press that allows you to prepare up to five of them simultaneously. This ensures that you can prepare a full meal for several people at the same time for optimal efficiency.
Take this grill with you due to how lightweight it is. The bowl and lid will always retain heat since they have a porcelain enamel coating. This ensures that you are always cooking at the temperature that works best for your needs.
This grill has dampers that make it very easy to control the heat level that you are working with. Just adjust these as needed to get to the right temperature.
Not only does the grill retain heat, but due to the materials, it is also very easy to keep clean.
This is the best balcony grill for the apartment since it is small. You can put it on a table or on any other surface for ease of use.
Other people said that you can learn about all of the features in under an hour. This ensures that you will not have to wait long to start using it.
- You can cook up to five burgers at a time to feed the whole family
- Due to the dampers, it is very easy to control the temperature
- It is easy to use
- There are several features
- You can clean it quickly
- It can sometimes get too hot
3. Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill, BlackView at Amazon
The Char-Griller Patio Pro Grill has wheels and a stand. This means that you do not have to find a table to place it on. Just roll it into place and it will be ready to use.
Due to the cooking surface area, you can prepare food for two to three people at the same time. This ensures that you can grill efficiently, and no one has to wait a long time for their meal.
This grill has a shelf on the bottom. This is a good place to store all of your grilling tools so that they are always available. There is also a shelf on the side where you can put your food once they are done cooking.
Due to the air vent on the side, it is easy to control the temperature and the inside will not get too hot. When you are using the grill, the handle stays cool so that you do not have to worry about burns.
This is one of the best small grills for apartments, according to many people. It can fit just about anywhere, and it does not require a lot of upkeep.
Other people said that it is versatile. You can use it for a wide variety of foods due to how easy it is to maintain the proper temperature.
- There are wheels so that you can move it around easily
- The 250 square inches of cooking space allow you to cook for two to three people at once
- The materials are durable
- Cleanup is fast
- It is easy to use
- It could be a little more compact
4. Char-Broil 20602108 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric GrillView at Amazon
The Char-Broil Infrared Electric Bistro is a good choice when you want a grill that is flexible. You can fit up to 12 burgers at a time, allowing you to prepare large meals so that you can use this to cook out whenever you want.
The cooking system is a TRU-infrared type. This ensures that the grill is able to maintain a constant temperature. It will also heat up very fast so that you are never waiting long to start grilling.
The grates on this small infrared grill are made from cast iron and have a porcelain coating. This ensures that they are able to maintain a consistent temperature. The coating on the cast iron also makes it easy to clean the grates and it protects them from starting to rust with regular use.
Several people said that this balcony BBQ grill is ideal for beginners. Even if you have not used a grill before, you can learn how to use this one fast.
Other consumers talked about its versatility. You can use it for everything from meats to vegetables, depending on your preferences.
- High-quality electric grilling for convenience without the hassle of gas or charcoal
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even heat, and cooks juicier food
- Integrated control knob to adjust temperatures easily
- The durable porcelain-coated grate is rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Removable warming rack for indirect cooking or to keep food warm
- It is a grill that you can learn to use quickly
- There is a lot of flexibility with the types of foods that you prepare
- It is easy to clean
- The stand could be more durable
5. Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric GrillView at Amazon
The Weber Electric Grill is very compact and perfect for small spaces. It will sit on top of any table due to its small size. This ensures that you can always find space to put this grill when you are ready to cook.
While it is small, there is plenty of cooking space to prepare a meal for at least two people. Due to the burner valve, you have a lot of control over the temperature so you do not have to worry about accidentally burning the foods that you are cooking.
You do not have to do any assembly, allowing you to start using this grill right away. Maintenance is also minimal since it is an electric grill that does not require things like cleaning out ash from charcoal or pellets.
When it comes to grills for apartment decks, this is a good choice. According to several consumers, this is because it functions well and does not take up a lot of space.
Other people mentioned its ease of use. You only need about one hour to learn how to use this grill.
- The cooking area is 189 inches to allow you to cook almost anything
- It features a porcelain enamel coating for heat retention and durability
- This grill requires little maintenance
- The materials are strong
- It does not require a lot of time to heat up
- The cord could be longer
6. Techwood 15-Serving Electric Grill Indoor/Outdoor Electric BBQ GrillView at Amazon
The Techwood Electric BBQ Grill will easily fit on top of most tables, making it an ideal choice when your outdoor space is limited. In addition to the generous size of the cooking surface, there is also a small warming rack that is placed above it so that you can keep all of your cooked foods warm.
This grill is electric, so you never need to worry about things like constantly filling a hopper or a charcoal area to keep the heat going. This also ensures that it is relatively easy to maintain a constant temperature when you are cooking.
Assembling this grill takes very little time since everything is clearly labeled. Once you are done and it is ready for use, you never have to worry about excess smoke or flare-ups.
This small balcony BBQ grill allows you to cook a full meal. Because of this, it is ideal for a small cookout or an intimate dinner among friends.
Several other people said that clean-up is fast and easy. Just wait for it to cool and wipe down the components.
- Prepare food for many people with the 240 square inches of cooking space
- Use the warming rack to keep cooked foods warm and ready to eat
- Clean this grill within minutes
- Putting it together takes little time
- You can use it to prepare full meals
- The legs could be stronger
7. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane GrillView at Amazon
The Weber Liquid Propane Grill is easy to use. Just connect a propane tank and it is ready for use. You get all of the hardware that you need to connect a propane tank.
The cast aluminum construction ensures optimal durability. You do not have to worry about it starting to rust, even when you use it for long periods of time.
To get the grill started, just push the ignition and it will start to heat up. It does not take a long time to get this grill hot, allowing you to start cooking on it right away.
This is the best gas grill for an apartment balcony or patio. This is because it is lightweight, compact, and can fit almost anywhere.
Other people talked about its capacity. There is plenty of space to prepare a meal for at least two people.
- It puts out 8,500 BTUs for strong power
- It comes fully assembled so that you do not have to worry about putting it together
- Make a full meal on this grill
- Clean it fast
- It fits just about anywhere
- It would be better with larger propane tanks
8. Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas GrillView at Amazon
The Fuego propane gas grill comes on wheels so that you can easily move it around your balcony or patio. Its unique shape makes it simple to fit this grill just about anywhere.
The grilling grate is made from cast iron to ensure a high level of durability. This material is also really good at maintaining heat so that there are no cold spots
It is easy to connect a propane tank and you get the hardware that you need. Remove the grease with ease so that you can keep this grill clean with minimal effort.
You can use this for a wide variety of foods, according to consumers. This ensures that you always get your meals exactly as you want them.
Many people said that it maintains heat well. You never have to worry about cold spots when you are cooking.
- The unique design makes it easy to maintain a constant temperature
- With 346 square inches of cooking space, you can prepare full meals
- You can put this on the smallest of balconies
- Cleanup is quick and easy
- The temperature is easy to control
- The wheels could be more durable
9. Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStandView at Amazon
The Cuisinart Portable Gas Grill is compact and can easily fit onto a standard apartment patio or balcony. It has a powerful burner so that you are always getting the right level of heat for the foods that you are working to cook.
It is easy to maintain the temperature so that you are not getting cold and hot spots in your foods. Since this grill only weighs 17 pounds, it is easy to move around and store when you are not using it.
You can place it on a tabletop or put the legs on it so that it sits right on the ground. During use, lock the lid so that the heat stays inside the grill.
A lot of people said that this grill is easy to clean. You only need a few minutes to tackle the job.
Other people mentioned how easy it was for you. This balcony-sized gas grill is one that you can start using almost right away out of the box.
- This little grill is powerful due to putting out 5,500 BTUs
- There are 160 square inches of cooking space so that you can prepare a full meal
- This grill is very durable
- It requires little maintenance
- You can use it for a wide array of foods
- It may melt prematurely
10. Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s GrillView at Amazon
The Lodge Cast Iron Grill is a strong grill that is easy to use. You can place it on a tabletop so that you have easy access to it when you are preparing food.
When you are ready to cook something, just flip down the door at the front of the grill and add in the coals. You can do this when you are cooking too as long as you are careful about the flame.
Due to the materials, this grill will retain heat very well. It also puts nice grill marks on the foods that you are cooking so that they look as good as they taste.
You can adjust the height of this grill. This ensures that you can work with it at a height that is comfortable for you. Just make sure that you make the height adjustments before you start using it since the body of the grill tends to heat up fast.
This balcony-sized BBQ grill is ideal for everything from fish to ribs, according to consumers. Because of this, people with all types of diets will enjoy it.
Other people said that it is easy to maintain. You only need to do some basic cleaning to keep it in good working order.
- The cookware is seasoned for a unique flavor when you use this grill
- The door flips down so that you can easily add charcoal
- You get good temperature control
- Maintenance is easy
- This is a good choice for beginners
- It may rust if the coating flakes off
Tips on Choosing the Best Grills for Apartment Balcony
While you are shopping for small patio barbecues, there are some tips that you can use to make the process go smoother.
Is an Igniter or a Starter the Better Choice?
For a gas grill to function, it has to have either an igniter or a starter. Some of these components need a battery and are electric. There are others that get going via the use of a dial or a button. You can also choose a crossover ignition. This type allows you to just light one of the burners and the flame will cross over to the other ones.
The electric start type tends to get going a lot faster than other options. However, make sure that you are also able to ignite the grill manually. This will make it possible to still use your grill even if the igniter stops working. In this case, you are able to use a match to get your grill going.
How Durable is Your Grill?
Once you find a grill that you really like using, you want to ensure that it is going to last for a long time. Stainless steel is a popular material choice because it is durable, lightweight, and will not rust. The same is true for aluminum. However, you have to expect these two materials to be prone to discoloration with prolonged use.
A grill that contains enamel tends to hold in heat really well. As long as the enamel does not chip, you do not have to worry about rusting.
Cast iron is heavy and strong. However, if the coating on it starts to chip, there is a risk of rust to occur.
Recommended Reads for You:
- Best Charcoal Grills
- Small Propane BBQ
What Are the Best Grate Types?
You want a grate that is going to cook evenly, be easy to clean, and can retain heat well. Those that have a nickel, or a chrome coating tend to rust. Cast iron is easy to clean and gives strong grill marks. Porcelain is another choice that is easy to clean and retains heat well.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Grills for Apartment Balcony
Whether you are looking for the best grills for condos or you want to BBQ on an apartment balcony, there are several factors to think about. Keeping these in mind will ensure that the grill that you choose meets all of your needs.
Consider the Fuel Type
This is one of the biggest choices that you will make when you are buying a grill. The two primary grill types that you will choose between include charcoal and gas, with propane being the primary gas type.
A charcoal grill typically takes longer to clean and get set up. However, it provides a flavor that you cannot achieve with other types of grills. It also tends to get the hottest, allowing you to cook thicker cuts of meat and similar foods much faster.
Gas grills are easy to clean since you never need to remove charcoal and replace it. Just install a new propane tank after the fuel gets too low. There is generally more temperature control when it comes to this type of grill. However, if you want to cook thick steaks, you need to ensure that the burners are the infrared or the sear type.
Think About the Size of the Grill
If you are putting your grill on the balcony, you are already working with limited space, but choosing the right square inches can ensure that you are able to cook a meal for at least two to three people efficiently.
Ideally, for each person you are cooking for, you want about 100 square inches of space. So, if you plan to prepare grilled meals for two people, you want to look for a grill that has a minimum of 200 square inches. These grills are generally small enough to fit onto an apartment patio or balcony.
Is Smoking Foods Important to You?
There are some smaller grills on the market that allow you to smoke meats. To get the right level of smoking, your grill needs to have a tight lid and it must make airflow control easy. Look for features like dampers that you can adjust.
Choose the Right Burner Material
If you opt for a gas grill, you have to consider the material of the burners. Cast iron may eventually rust. Aluminum tends to burn out. However, brass and stainless steel burners are often durable and will last for a long time.
Grills for Apartment Balcony FAQs
How Long Will a Balcony Grill Last?This ultimately depends on how well you maintain it and how often you use it. Today’s grills are typically made from highly durable materials, such as cast iron and stainless steel. Because of this, they are not prone to rusting so you do not have to worry about premature structural integrity issues. Just make sure that you tackle the routine maintenance that is discussed in the user manual. You should also ensure that you are always using it properly.
Is a Gas Grill or a Charcoal Grill Better?The answer to this question ultimately comes down to your personal preference. If you prefer a grill with a more traditional flavor where the fuel is easier to obtain, a charcoal grill will likely be the better choice. If you want a grill with a larger temperature range and more temperature precision, a gas grill is likely going to be the best option. Since gas grills do not use any charcoal, they can also be easier to clean. However, the propane to run them may be a bit more expensive compared to regular charcoal.
Can You Cook Multiple Foods at Once?This will depend on the size of your grill and how many people you are cooking for. If you are making a meal for two to three people, a standard balcony grill typically has enough space to accommodate two to three different types of food. Look at the cooking surface area to see how much you are able to fit on the grill at one time. For two to three people, a grill with at least 250 square inches of cooking space is generally adequate.
Now you have a detailed list of the best grills for an apartment balcony or patio. However, one of these grills stands out above the rest. This is the Weber 14-Inch Portable Grill.
With this grill, you can prepare up to five burgers at once, letting you feed multiple people to save time. It is lightweight and compact so it does not take up a lot of space on your patio or balcony.
Use the dampers for optimal temperature control. Due to the grate being made of stainless steel, it is durable, easy to clean, and will retain temperature so that you can cook a variety of foods evenly.
This grill also has porcelain enamel on the bowl and lid. Because of this, it further retains heat so that your foods do not take a long time to cook.
Now that you know about some of the best balcony grills on the market, all you have to do is pick one and start cooking