Table of Contents Hide
- The Best Grill under 100:
- 1. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Portable Propane Tabletop
- 2. Coleman Fold N Go Propane Grill
- 3. Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 4. Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas Griddle
- 5. Char-Broil Stainless Steel Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 6. Coleman Party Propane Grill
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Grill under $100
- Making The Decision
Are you ready to get outside and start grilling for the summer? If you are excited to get grilling but can’t decide which grill to buy, we have compiled a list of the best gas grills under 100 dollars to help you decide.
We meticulously researched a variety of gas grills and assessed performance, safety, and durability, among other things. The result is our list of the best grills under 100.
We also tell you what factors to consider when looking for your new propane grill.
The Best Grill under 100:
1. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Portable Propane TabletopView at Amazon
To start, this Cuisinart Chef Style is one of the best portable gas grills under $100. This grill is made of steel and ceramic which gives it a stylish look and adds to its functionality of the grill as well.
The 20,000 BUT burner runs on a one-pound propane tank with a push-to-ignite button. This grill also comes pre-assembled so you can get right to grilling as soon as you take it out of the box. The locking lid ensures that your grill will stay safe even during transportation.
Customers say they appreciate the size and portability of this grill, as well as the comfort and security of the Cuisinart name. Many are saying that this is the perfect grill to take camping.
- No assembly is required, this grill comes ready to go. Just attach a one-pound propane tank and you’ll be grilling in less than five minutes!
- This grill comes with a three-year warranty so you can rest assured that your grill will last you for years to come
- Because of its size, this grill is best suited to cooking for one or two people.
This is a great grill to start off our list. Compact, portable, and durable, this grill is sure to kickstart your summer!View at Amazon
2. Coleman Fold N Go Propane GrillView at Amazon
You don’t need to break the bank to have your own propane grill. A great budget grill is the Coleman Fold N Go. This miniature propane grill is easily portable and still packs a punch.
This grill has 6,000 BTUs and the horseshoe-snapped grill plate heats evenly and is removable and dishwasher safe.
People love how easy this grill is to use, carry around, and clean. Many say they use this for their RVs and even for everyday use around the home.
- A convenient handle allows you to carry this grill around for grilling on the beach, camping, or anywhere you want to grill!
- The removable cooking surface is dishwasher safe so you can clean it with ease.
- This grill is a great deal for under $70.
- Because the cooking surface is removable, the plates may become loose after regular use of this grill.
- This grill is not as powerful as other grills on this list at only 6,000 BTUs.
For a great portable propane grill at an affordable price, Coleman makes just what you are looking for!View at Amazon
3. Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Gas GrillView at Amazon
Char-Broil makes some of the best inexpensive gas grills, and this portable propane grill is just one example. This standard grill is great for small families and balcony grilling.
This powerful, 11,000 BTU grill has a more traditional look than other grills on this list. You can use 16.4 or 14.1-ounce propane cylinders with these tanks and the push-button ignition is safer than the traditional method of lighting it with a match.
Consumers are saying that this is the perfect grill for balconies and patios but is also easily portable for beach and park grilling. Many people say that this grill heats even and remains hot for a good sear and even cooking on all your foods.
- Push-button ignition makes starting this grill quick and safe.
- 11,000 BTUs make this one of the most powerful propane grills for under $100 on our list.
- These grills are made of steel and will rust easily if left outside for extended periods of time.
For a great little grill with 11,000 BTUs of grilling power, check out the Char-Broil portable propane grill. This standard grill for under a hundred dollars will be a great summer addition.View at Amazon
4. Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas GriddleView at Amazon
If a griddle is more your style, the Blackstone table-top propane grill is a great option. This is one of the best low-budget grills available today for under $80.
With this compact propane grill, you can cook the perfect steak, stir-fry veggies, or even make pancakes. And it is as durable as it is versatile, with 12,000 BTUs of cooking power.
Regular users of this grill say that it is the best camping cook gear and some say that it is the best grill they’ve ever owned.
This grill provides restaurant-quality cooking capabilities at a reasonable price. It is the perfect griddle for making pancakes on a camping trip.
- “H” shaped heating element heats the grill top evenly so your food will all be cooked at the same time, regardless of where on the grill it sits.
- The griddle sits upside-down on the top of the grill for more compact and safe storage.
- The griddle top has a bumpy surface and some food may stick to it during use.
5. Char-Broil Stainless Steel Portable Liquid Propane Gas GrillView at Amazon
Char-Broil has another low-cost gas grill on our list with this stainless steel model. There are a few upgrades to this model compared to the other Char-Broil model earlier on this list, but the price point is still under $100.
This beautifully crafted, stainless steel model has a large surface area for cooking and heat-resistant handles for ease of portability.
People who use this grill say that it is great for camping or a balcony cookout. They appreciate how easy this grill is to use and say that the style is unmatched.
If you want a grill that combines style with grilling power, check out this grill from Char-Broil.
- 10,000 BTUs means quick heating up time and an excellent sear on all your steaks and veggies.
- The design of this model makes it the most stylish model on our list.
- The grill grate might be a little difficult to clean.
6. Coleman Party Propane GrillView at Amazon
Another stylish grill and the last one on our list of good cheap grills is the Coleman Party Propane Grill. This grill combines the look of a classic charcoal grill with the modern convenience of a push-to-start ignition.
The Coleman Party Grill uses 8,000 BTUs that can run for up to two hours on high with just one 16.4-ounce propane cylinder.
This grill is a favorite among its users who say that the style is one of its best features. Most people appreciate the portability and say that this is a great grill for travel.
While not the most powerful, this is definitely one of the best-looking grills on our list.
- Detachable legs fit right into the grill so this grill is easy to transport and store.
- Coleman’s Perfect-Flow technology means that you can use this grill even in windy conditions.
- 8,000 BTUs means that this is one of the less powerful grills on our list.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Grill under $100
Now that you have a good idea of the best budget BBQ grill for under $100, it is time to consider what factors are most important to you when deciding which grill to get. Here are some things to consider when looking for a cheap gas barbecue grill:
Most of the grills on this list are made with stainless steel and will handle better in outdoor environments. Either way, you want to be sure to keep your grill clean and dry so it will last as long as possible.
Each grill on this list is portable in one form or another. Whether you store the grill legs in the main compartment, or the grill legs may fold up to create handles.
Some of the grills do not come apart however and that should be taken into consideration.
Some grills on this list have grates while others have whole surfaces. There are also size differences as well as push-to-ignite features.
Decide which of these is most important to you and choose accordingly. Personally, we’d go with the push-to-ignite start button feature.
These grills are made out of quality steel and stainless steel. They can withstand high temperatures and other elemental factors as well.
As always, price is one of the most important factors. Every grill on this list is under $100, however, some are much more affordable than others.
You definitely want to be sure to check whether your grill has a warranty included or not.
A warranty is not technically necessary, but it adds an extra element of protection to help your grill stay new longer and last for years to come.
Once you have considered these options you will have a good understanding of what will work best for you.
Making The Decision
By now you know what to look for when shopping around for the best affordable BBQ grill. Make a list of your priorities in order and that way you can narrow down grills to your favorite.
Our personal favorite is the Cuisinart CGG-059 Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill for its versatility and classic style. These grills work on patios as easily as they work during a picnic, and the classic propane grill design will feel like you are using a full-sized grill.
Whichever you choose, you are sure to have summertime fun on the go with any of the grills on this list.