Table of Contents Hide
- The 10 Best Muffin Pans:
- 1. AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan, Set of 2
- 2. Rachael Ray Yum-o Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin With Grips
- 3. Nordic Ware Compact Ovenware Muffin Pan
- 4. Keliwa’s 12 – Cup Silicone Muffin – Cupcake Baking Pan
- 5. Silicone Muffin Pan Cupcake Set – Mini 24 Cups and Regular 12 Cups Muffin Pan
- 6. USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan
- 7. KPKitchen Silicone Muffin & Cupcake Baking Pan 12 Cup – Free Paper Muffin Cups +eBook
- 8. Wilton Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan
- 9. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick 6-Cup Muffin-Top Pan
- 10. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Muffin Pans
Muffin pans can be used to make perfectly portioned sweet or savory treats for many occasions, and finding the best muffin pan for your needs can save time and hassle in the kitchen.
We researched some of the best muffin pans on the market today to bring you our list of the best options for this versatile baking tool. We analyzed factors including ease of cleanup, temperature resistance, and affordability, among other things, to bring you the top ten best muffin pans.
The 10 Best Muffin Pans:
1. AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan, Set of 2View at Amazon
This set of two full-sized muffin pans is one of the best deals on our list. This set is perfect for you if you want to bake large quantities of muffins or frittatas for meal prep.
These carbon-steel bakeware pans have a nonstick coating for easy food removal and the metal is oven-safe up to 500 degrees.
People who use these pans say that they are of excellent quality and they prefer the rigid steel to easily carry in and out of the oven over silicone trays.
- This set of two muffin pans is a great deal for under $15.
- Because this comes in a set of two, you can make up to 24 single-serve dishes at a time, making this set great for meal prep and entertaining.
- This set would not be ideal for smaller living spaces.
- These pans are recommended as handwash only and should not be put in the dishwasher.
2. Rachael Ray Yum-o Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin With GripsView at Amazon
This nonstick cupcake tray features deep cups to make large muffins and the included grips make this pan easier to grab from the oven and the heavy-gauge steelworks at high temperatures to make savory dishes as well.
The Rachael Ray muffin tin is made of steel with a durable nonstick coating and is oven-safe up to 500 degrees so you can make a variety of dishes with this pan.
Those who use this pan in their kitchen say that this pan’s quality is superior to many basic muffin pans on our list, and the price point is affordable for the quality.
- This full-sized tray makes twelve deep muffins for under $20.
- The comfortable silicone grips come in a variety of colors to personalize your kitchen.
- While this pan is more expensive than other pans on our list, the heavy gauge steel and comfort grips give this pan superior quality.
- This pan is best hand-washed, and should not be put in the dishwasher.
3. Nordic Ware Compact Ovenware Muffin PanView at Amazon
This aluminum muffin pan is perfect for small spaces and toaster ovens. This pan’s gold color gives it an elegant look and the large cups produce full-sized muffins and baked goods even in a toaster oven.
The six cups of this pan are perfect for meal-prepping mini quiches and more. The nonstick coating makes clean-up easy and the small size makes this great for a single-person home.
People who use this pan say that they appreciate the small size. They say that this is the perfect muffin pan for someone living alone or in a small space.
- This aluminized pan is affordable at just around $10.
- The half-dozen size of this baking sheet makes it perfect for small spaces and toaster ovens.
- Because this is only a half-dozen baking pan it would not work well for big families.
- This pan works best when hand-washed and should not be put in a dishwasher.
4. Keliwa’s 12 – Cup Silicone Muffin – Cupcake Baking PanView at Amazon
If you want the best silicone muffin pan, Keliwa has you covered. The modern design of this classic kitchen tool allows for endless possibilities in your kitchen.
Because this muffin pan is made from 100% food-grade silicone, it is easy to bake and clean up after. Silicone offers a nonstick surface that is easily moldable to remove the muffins from the pan cleanly.
People who have purchased this muffin pan say that they appreciate how easy it is to remove the pan’s muffins. Many say that cleanup is easier with a silicone pan over a traditional metal pan.
- This muffin pan is both nonstick and dishwasher safe so cleanup is as easy as possible.
- Pan is foldable and rollable to make storing it easy, even in spaces without a lot of room.
- Muffins baked in silicone pans tend to not rise as high as muffins baked in a traditional metal muffin pan.
- This pan is not sturdy on its own and you may want to use a metal pan underneath it to easily remove it from the oven.
5. Silicone Muffin Pan Cupcake Set – Mini 24 Cups and Regular 12 Cups Muffin PanView at Amazon
These are the best silicone muffin tins at the best price. For less than $20, you get a mini muffin pan, a standard-sized muffin pan, and 12 separate silicone cupcake baking cups.
This affordable set of two baking sheets and cupcake cups gives you various options for cooking bite-sized morsels to a single-serving dish. The shallow dishes are naturally nonstick and the bendable silicone lets you pop the muffins out of the pan with ease.
Many people say that these pans create flawless baked goods every time and that cleanup is easy since these pans can go into the dishwasher.
- You can get these silicone baking sheets as a set for less than $20.
- Because these pans are silicone they are dishwasher-safe, making cleanup almost non-existent.
- Muffins and other baked goods may not rise in a silicone pan as high as they would rise in a metal pan.
- These pans are not rigid and you may need to use a separate metal pan underneath them to lift them out of the oven.
6. USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin PanView at Amazon
Another aluminum muffin tin on our list is this USA Pan aluminized steel muffin pan. This full-sized pan will give you perfectly shaped muffins or single-serve savory dishes with each use.
The USA Pan muffin tin has deep wells for full-sized muffins and the Americoat nonstick coating ensures that your baked goods will come out of the pan cleanly.
Customers say that this is hands down a staple in their kitchen. They say that the nonstick coating prevents any food from sticking, which makes cleaning this pan easy. Just wipe it off with soapy water and dry it off before storing it.
- This full-sized pan makes single-serving sweet or savory treats for every occasion.
- The non-stick coating on this pan makes cleaning it so easy that you won’t even need to use your dishwasher.
- This muffin pan is more expensive than most on our list at just around $25.
- The pan is handwash only and should not be put in your dishwasher.
7. KPKitchen Silicone Muffin & Cupcake Baking Pan 12 Cup – Free Paper Muffin Cups +eBookView at Amazon
Another great silicone muffin pan is from KPKitchen. Because this standard-sized muffin pan is nonstick and easy to clean in your dishwasher, it is a favorite in many home kitchens.
This blue muffin pan is made of BPA-free food-grade silicone, which is naturally nonstick and dishwasher safe. This pan is excellent for making non-muffin treats as well, like mini-quiches or keto fat bombs.
Customers love how easy it is to remove their food from this mold with no greasing required. Many say that cleanup is so quick and easy; they find themselves making excuses to bake.
- Food-grade silicone is non-stick and dishwasher safe to make cleanup a breeze.
- This silicone pan is affordable at around $10.
- The company is so confident in its product that they offer this muffin pan with a money-back guarantee.
- Because this pan is made of silicone, it bends easily. It is advised that you use a separate metal pan in your oven to hold the silicone in shape when removing the pan from the oven.
8. Wilton Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin PanView at Amazon
This standard, medium-size muffin pan is the perfect beginner pan for making muffins in your own home.
This nonstick stainless-steel pan can make up to twelve muffins or cupcakes at a time. This muffin pan is also dishwasher safe to make cleaning up easy, though the manufacturer does suggest handwashing to keep this pan from wearing faster than necessary.
Customers of this pan say that it is their go-to muffin pan in their kitchens. They appreciate the nonstick surface and how easy the pan is to clean, though some warn that handwashing is less likely to lead to staining or rusting on this metal surface.
- A non-stick dishwasher-safe surface ensures that clean-up will take no time at all.
- For around only ten dollars, this muffin baking pan is a great addition to your kitchen.
- Because this pan is metal, there is always a chance that it could rust or stain after much use.
9. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick 6-Cup Muffin-Top PanView at Amazon
First on our list of the best non-stick muffin pans is this aluminized steel pan by Cuisinart. This design is perfect for lovers of the crunchy tops of muffins.
This design is made of aluminized steel, which allows for even heating throughout the pan, and the shallow cups of this dish let you get creative with cookies, mini pizzas, and more. The muffin pan is dishwasher safe and nonstick for the most effortless possible cleanup.
People who have used this muffin pan say that it is genuinely nonstick and does not require oil or butter to keep your baked good from sticking. Many appreciate how easy it to clean this pan is because of how well the nonstick coating works.
- The shallow cups allow for crunchy tops on all your baked goods.
- Aluminized steel coating is non-stick and dishwasher safe to make cleanup a breeze.
- If you are looking for a full-sized muffin, this is not the pan for you.
- This pan only comes in a six-count so you can only make half a dozen muffins per batch.
10. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin PanView at Amazon
OXO is a standard brand for kitchen supplies and this full-sized muffin pan would be a great addition to any kitchen.
This pan is made from heavy-gauge aluminized steel and has a ceramic-reinforced coating to help food cook evenly. It is textured to allow airflow during baking and the nonstick coating helps with cleanup.
People who use this pan say that it makes perfect baked goods every time and that the nonstick surface works great. Some people advise that this pan is not actually dishwasher safe and should be hand washed to prolong the pan’s life.
- The thick gauge of this muffin pan means that it is durable and can withstand heavy-duty use in the kitchen.
- This pan has a non-stick surface so food will be released easily and cleanup can be done with a damp soapy cloth.
- This is one of the most expensive pans on our list at just around $25.
- The pan works best if hand-washed and will wear out faster if put in the dishwasher.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Muffin Pans
When buying a new muffin pan, whether you are just starting with baking or you are replacing something already in your kitchen, there are some factors you want to take into consideration. Deciding which of these factors is most important to you will help guide you to pick the best muffin pan.
Whether you want to bake for a family event or you want to bake in your RV oven, the size of your muffin pan is going to matter. First, determine if you want to make regular-sized muffins or miniatures. Then decide if you have enough room and desire for a full dozen pan or whether you can get by with a half dozen. If you are using the muffin pan for meal prep, a half-dozen-size pan is recommended.
All of the pans on this list are either food-grade silicone or made of aluminized steel. While both are nonstick, the way they are cleaned matters. If you want something completely dishwasher-safe, be sure to stick with silicone. However, if you are looking to bake at higher temperatures, you might have to go with a steel pan.
While aluminized steel boasts a nonstick coating, it’s always a good idea to oil or grease the metal before putting the food in to help the muffin slide out of the pan. With silicone, you can invert the pan completely, eliminating the need to grease the pan for easy removal. While silicone is naturally nonstick, it is not rigid and may need a metal tray underneath it for support when taking it out of the oven.
If you’re like me and you hate washing dishes, a silicone muffin pan may be a better option as silicone is dishwasher safe. If you prefer the rigidity of a metal pan instead, there are some dishwasher-safe options on this list, though they will last longer if hand-washed.
Arguably the most important factor in your decision will cost. Our list offers a wide range of price points to choose from. Whether you want something inexpensive for a one-time baking project, or you are looking to bake regularly, there are options on this list that will suit your needs!
Once you decide which of these factors is most important to you, you will choose which muffin pan will be best for you.
Any muffin pan on this list will get you on the road to delicious baked treats. Our favorite pick is the Silicone Muffin Pan Cupcake Set from Cake time for its value and versatility. You get two different-sized muffin pans as well as silicone cupcake wrappers for under $20.
Suppose you are looking for a classic metal muffin pan. In that case, however, we recommend the Rachael Ray Yum-o Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin With Grips for its durability and overall customer reviews. While this metal pan can go through a dishwasher, it is recommended that it be hand-washed.
Whatever you choose, you will soon be making baked goods for yourself and your loved ones just in time for the holiday season!