You’re one heck of a cook, but all those exotic ingredients can’t circumvent the basics: salt and pepper. You can get your staples, throw them in shakers, and – ho-hum – have at it. Or you can deploy spice the best way: freshly ground!
Once any spice is ground and packaged, oxidization settles and these boosters lose potency. This forces the use of larger amounts. Freshly ground spice is invaluable. You save money using less to get the same taste needed from what are essentially stale spices.
DaddyCookingTips thought we’d help with a list of the 10 best salt and paper grinders.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Salt and Paper Grinders
- The processing and fineness of the material will be managed by the hardness of the blade. Stainless steel blades are good, but ceramic grinders can be sharper and last for longer periods of time.
- Do remember they’re called salt and pepper grinders. Products that are not easily ground, such as allspice berries and coriander seeds, may need a different process.
- Ceramics are naturally oxidized, which eliminates deterioration or rust. Moisture can be harmful to steel.
- Electric and battery-operated mills offer a near-effortless operation that’s easier on the wrists. But plenty of cooks swear by manual mills and their tendency to deliver a consistent grind. Battery-operated salt mills will be heavier.
- Any feature is going to cost you. Like anything, paying for the right or the best product will be a wise investment. But starting on the low end wouldn’t be impractical. The best way to learn what you need can start with finding out what you don’t need. Go ahead and try a few.
Best Salt and Paper Grinders:
1. Willow & Everett Salt and Pepper Grinder SetView at Amazon
If you’re working in the kitchen of the future, you’ll love these tall, sleek shakers. Brush stainless steel casing, glass body, and ceramics give the set a professional and beautiful appearance. Functionality ensures spice ends up on and in food, not all over the counter or table.
The shakers come with adjustable coarseness, leaving you with options from fine to, well, coarse. This product stands out as the best salt grinder.
- No batteries required
- The size of shakers minimizes constant refills
- Adjustable coarseness
- Appealing look in any setting
- Non-corrosive material won’t absorb flavors
- The product doesn’t come with care/use instructions
2. HOME EC Premium Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder SetView at Amazon
An adjustable ceramic sea salt grinder and pepper grinder, this salt mill grinder is of exceptional construction: tall and appealing to the eye, sturdy, durable glass, easy-grip, high-grade non-corrosive stainless steel.
The ceramic rotor ensures you don’t work so hard to create spices for your precise needs. The product’s air-tight lid promises to keep moisture out of your seasonings. The manufacturer has a 365-day guarantee with a no-nonsense return or replacement for the salt mill grinder.
- The top-loading feature sees that seasoning ends up only on food
- Effortlessly hand grind fresh ingredients
- Environmentally friendly
- Includes silicone funnel
- The e-book is emailed to you
- Purchase supports the Wounded Warrior Project
- Does not grind peppercorns
3. Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder SetView at Amazon
Latent Epicure is well regarded among kitchen connoisseurs. Their battery-operated salt and pepper grinder is available as a single or two-pack. This best salt pepper grinder offers a touch-of-a-button operation. Another feature you’re going to love is the mill’s light.
Know exactly where your spice lands, avoid too much flavoring, and don’t worry about disturbing a dimly lit ambiance. Plus, if you use humid spices, the ceramic mechanism makes grinding easier.
- Mill rest catches debris, keeping surfaces tidy
- Various settings for coarseness
- A push of a button operation
- Attractive stainless steel finish
- Tray prevents spillage
- Ceramic grinding mechanism
- Filament bulbs may run batteries down faster
4. CHEW FUN’s Electric Gravity Salt and Pepper Grinder SetView at Amazon
Complete with adjustable coarseness, this automatic pepper and salt mill is battery-powered. Like the best electric salt and pepper grinders, there’s a one-hand operation for the multi-tasker. (Who in the kitchen isn’t?). The unique design entails a wide mouth, acrylic body, and ceramic blades.
Auto operation is flipping the grinder and letting the mill do its thing. Turn on the light to see what you’re doing in the most romantic setting.
- Upgraded ceramic grinder, sturdy acrylic glass container, brushed stainless steel
- LED blue light for operating under dimmed conditions
- Easy to maintain; glass container is dishwasher safe
- Wide mouth container for easy refill
- Made with BPA and toxic-free materials
- Smooth adjustment of a knob to choose the coarseness
- Customer support can be elusive
5. Modetro Salt and Pepper Shakers Set Grinder Set Pepper and Salt MillView at Amazon
If you’re in the market for the best pepper grinder, give this one a close inspection. It’s a premium brushed stainless steel and glass body salt and pepper grinder with adjustable ceramic coarseness.
Each grinder has a ceramic burr grinder. These work more effectively in moist circumstances. It’s designed with an eight-ounce glass body. The sealed cap prolongs the life of seasonings.
- Fewer refills with generous body and top opening
- Keep out air, moisture, and unwanted particles with an airtight lid
- Adjustable coarseness settings
- Comes with a non-stick silicone tray to manage cleanliness
- Mill locks in flavor and keeps seasonings fresh longer
- Elegant glass and brushed stainless steel design
- The product has come with a part for which there appears to be no use
6. COLE & MASON Derwent Salt GrinderView at Amazon
This stainless steel mill boasts quality clear acrylic. This highlights spice levels. The machine-cut carbon steel mechanism provides an even and smooth turn. The pepper mill grinder has six precise adjustable settings, only it doesn’t merely grind but strips seasonings into layers, enhancing flavor.
- Select from various sizing options for seasoning your food
- Diamond-sharp ceramic mechanism
- Modern and unique style
- Diamond-cut ceramic millworks promise spice control
- Sleek acrylic hourglass display
- Mill locks in flavor and keeps seasonings fresh longer
- The device is known to arrive with no instructions
View at Amazon
For a shift in style, check out this copper stainless steel mill. For a touch of class, use the bamboo stand (included) to booster table settings. With its antique and rustic appeal, it will stand out alongside the food. The lid on the salt pepper grinder is magnetic.
That means not only airtight freshness and no moisture, it means no yanking or pulling on the cap that also keeps grinder dust free. The glass jar can hold up to ¾ cups of spice.
- Sophisticated copper stainless steel finish
- A magnetic lid promises safe, fast openings and closings
- Bamboo tray included
- Beautiful and unique finish
- The grinding mechanism on top of jars means no messy counters
- Meticulously and continually tested
- The mechanism for adjusting coarseness can fail
8. OXO Good Grips Salt and Pepper Grinder SetView at Amazon
OXO non-corrosive grinders are engineered to not take away from aromas or flavors, ensuring you get full potency from this salt and pepper grinder set. Easily rotated tabs allow adjustable grinding from fine to coarse.
Its clean stainless steel design makes it for both the kitchen counter and dining room table. The non-slip, soft-grip streamlines usage. Level tops and wide mouths let the grinders rest flat and upside down, making for simplified refilling.
- Non-slip base, perfect for large batches of food seasoning
- Rotating tabs to adjust grinder settings
- The product has kitchen-to-table appeal via accents and clear body
- Clear acrylic bodies highlight the contents
- Won’t absorb odors or flavors
- Sold filled with sea salt and black peppercorns
- The finest setting doesn’t give a good fine grind
9. Lifestyle Dynamics The Original SpiceCrafts Salt and Pepper Grinder SetView at Amazon
Coming from Lifestyle Dynamics, this mill’s set central body has been designed using BPA-free, crystal clear acrylic. Stainless steel end caps add a minimalistic, yet elegant, gleam to the picture. The device utilizes grinders that are promised to never wear out.
Each side of the best pepper mill controls fine or coarse grounding through a smooth operation that lets you spend the time you need focusing on making food, not being distracted by ineffective mills.
- Superior, award-winning engineering
- Grind levels have an exceptional range
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Comes with an e-book of recipes, tips, and suggestions
- Includes a lifetime membership to Lifestyle Dynamics VIP Club
- Customer care promise of complete satisfaction
- The screw mechanism can be defective
10. Peugeot Paris u’Select Salt MillView at Amazon
These wooden salt and pepper grinders stand an impressive nine inches tall. The manufacturer steps outside the usual mill appearance for a solid chocolate color, its materials from sustainably managed French forests.
There’s a specially treated grinding mechanism designed to keep teeth sharp and prevent corrosion. Grinding promises a consistent size to granules. Maintenance requires no more than wiping with a soft cloth.
- Two-stage burr-style grinding system
- Two ribbed plates work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size
- Six levels of pre-defined grind or any point in between
- Consistent even ground every time
- Spice specific mechanisms
- Mechanisms carry a lifetime limited warranty
- Not as durable as it should be
Best Salt and Paper Grinders FAQ
You want to pack the most powerful aromas and flavors into your food. Salt and pepper are kitchen essentials. The best salt grinder and pepper grinder is going to elevate your cooking potential. If you enjoy working in the kitchen, we believe you owe yourself this luxury. From defining the coarseness and impact on food to giving your environments an elegant look, these mills deliver.