Table of Contents Hide
- The 10 Best Small Propane Grills:
- 1. Weber Spirit II E-210 Small Liquid Propane Grill
- 2. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 3. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Portable Propane Tabletop
- 4. Weber Q1000 Small Liquid Propane Grill
- 5. Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas Grill
- 6. Royal Gourmet 22-Inch Small Tabletop Gas Grill
- 7. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Small Propane Gas Grill
- 8. Char-Broil Performance 300 Small Cabinet Propane Gas Grill
- 9. Giantex Propane Small Tabletop Gas Grill
- 10. Napoleon TQ285X-BL Portable Propane Grill
- Making the Decision
Passionate grillers will want to be able to practice their craft anywhere, even with limited space. A small gas grill may be just what you need to save room, and we’re here to give you some of the best recommendations, even among all the other small bbq grill reviews.
You don’t deserve to settle for just any old grill, and you want your grill to be able to perform as well as the big guys. What you want is the best bbq propane grill for small spaces, and we’re about to let you in on the top picks.
The 10 Best Small Propane Grills:
1. Weber Spirit II E-210 Small Liquid Propane GrillView at Amazon
The Weber Spirit E-210 is worthy of being called the best small weber propane grill. It comes with a renowned Gs4 grilling system that includes everything from instant ignition and two powerful burners to flavorizer bars and a helpful grease-catching tray underneath the cook box.
The 57-inch tall grill sports an open cart design and comes in four different colors. The material is durable, the grill is easy to clean, and the gas flow is consistent.
There’s enough cooking space to cook for a small crowd, and the tool hooks and open compartments make it easy to stay organized and access all your grilling necessities.
This grill supports a standard 20-pound liquid propane gas tank, and the fuel gauge is easy to read, so you know when to replace it.
Customers are pleased with the durability of the grill and feel confident that you have something built to last. They enjoy how easy it is to assemble and that they can count on the ignition system.
Some customers are made a bit nervous by the exposed gas tank and slightly inconvenienced by having to lift and roll the grill rather than being able just to push it, but are overall incredibly satisfied with how well-made this grill is.
- Easy to assemble
- The ignition system is very reliable
- Folding side tables allow you to save even more space.
- Brass material exposes you to lead, so you’ll want to wash your hands after every use.
- Open compartment risks your items getting wet or dirty.
2. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas GrillView at Amazon
The Char-Broil Classic 280 is a small outdoor propane barbecue grill that you can count on to give you a great cooking experience while saving the space you need.
The two powerful burners ignite immediately, thanks to the reliable Piezo ignition system, and the in-line burners provide powerful gas heating that’s easy to control.
The porcelain-coated grates are easy to clean, the side burner is fantastic for making extras on the side, and additional metal shelves come with the grill to give you even more storage and preparation space.
Customers are impressed with the sturdiness of the grill and the high-quality make of the material. They enjoy how easy it is to clean and how well it performs in terms of the actual grilling.
While buyers do wish the grill was simpler to put together, they do agree that everything fits perfectly and functions well once the assembly is complete.
- Material is easy to clean and stands up against harsh elements.
- The combination of grilling space, side burner, and metal shelves gives you a lot of space to prep and cook for such a small grill.
- The stainless steel burners are reliable and offer easy heat control.
- The grill is a tad difficult to assemble.
3. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Portable Propane TabletopView at Amazon
To say the Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef Style is just a good small tabletop gas grill would be an understatement. This tabletop grill is lightweight, portable, powerful, and requires zero assemblies to get started.
Coming in at only 1 pound, this grill comes with a large carrying handle and foldable legs so that you can take this grill with you anywhere like a suitcase.
The burners ignite at the push of a button, and in less than ten minutes, you’ll be grilling to your heart’s content.
The lid opens and rotates to give you full access to the cooking space, and the grates are dishwasher safe, so you won’t have to spend any time scrubbing.
Buyers are saying that this grill is worth it. They’re happy with the fact that they can tuck it away when not in use and even more satisfied with the fact that they can put the grates in the dishwasher rather than having to wash them by hand.
Customers attest to the fact that this grill won’t ruin your tabletop, and some even consider it significantly more convenient than a regular-sized grill.
- The portable design allows you to take it anywhere.
- The grates can be put into the dishwasher.
- Heats and cools very quickly.
- When closed, the lid isn’t big enough to work with bigger meats like whole hams, for example.
4. Weber Q1000 Small Liquid Propane GrillView at Amazon
Next on this list for those looking for the best propane grill for a small patio is the robust but portable Weber Q1000. This compact patio grill comes with a powerful burner and a push-button ignition to grill your meats thoroughly, though you do have to give it about 10 minutes to preheat.
The grill is built to last, manufactured with cast aluminum and reinforced nylon to withstand external damage. The grates are easy to clean, and the grill is easy to carry.
The Q1000 works mainly with disposable liquid propane canisters, making it ideal for camping trips and beach dates, but can also work with a 20-pound propane tank.
Customers generally agree that the Q1000 is well-made and enjoy the ease of portability that the grill offers. They’re pleased with the heat control and appreciate how much it can cook with the limited space it has.
Unfortunately, many consumers are running into problems with the pressure regulator, but do share that customer service helps service their issues and concerns.
- Uses disposable cylinders or a tank.
- Portable design for easy transportation.
- Removable catch pan and grates that fit right in the sink for washing.
- The pressure regulator may be faulty.
- Must preheat for 10-15 minutes before you can start grilling.
- It doesn’t seem to have a built-in thermometer.
5. Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas GrillView at Amazon
The Cuisinart Petit Gourmet grill is the perfect mini outdoor gas grill and space-saver. It can be carried with you anywhere like a briefcase and features extendable legs for setting it up in any area, with or without a table.
The single burner provides effective grilling across a space that cooks for about four to six people, and the twist-to-start ignition makes it simple to use.
A built-in temperature gauge allows precise heat control and gives you a consistently accurate read.
The 17-pound grill is durable and comes in multiple color options to give the feeling that this mini outdoor gas grill is manufactured well and meant to last.
Buyers are happy with the portability of this model and the fact that it can stand like a regular grill or work as a tabletop grill.
Customers like that they can fit it easily in their trunks when taking trips are tuck it away in storage when they don’t need to use it.
Buyers like the quality of the material the grill is made of and are happy with the multiple color options. Some aren’t too pleased with the small size of the grease tray but share that placing a larger pan underneath the grill might help.
- Has the option to function as a tabletop or freestanding grill.
- The portable design makes it ideal for camping trips or adventures on the road.
- The grating can be washed by hand or sent through the dishwasher.
- The dripping tray is small and might not catch all the grease from your meats.
6. Royal Gourmet 22-Inch Small Tabletop Gas GrillView at Amazon
You might not see the Royal Gourmet on other small gas grill reviews, but that’s because of its unique cooking space. The two burners come to 17,000 BTU in total and heat the non-stick porcelain-coated griddle, rather than a grate, for powerful cooking.
The gas regulator that the unit comes with can connect to a one-pound tank and provides efficient gas flow to the griddle, allowing you to be able to use the product multiple times without needing to replace the tank.
While you cook, the grease cup catches any excess oil and can be cleaned and replaced with ease. Not to mention, the griddle itself is a breeze to clean too.
Customers agree that this product is well-made and find the griddle exceptionally easy to clean. They also note that the griddle can hold more than you would think.
Buyers aren’t particularly happy with how much the griddle rocks, but are overall pleased with the performance. Customers also share that any encountered problems can be taken up with customer service, as the representatives are incredibly polite.
- Adjustable burners for easy heat control.
- Ample cooking space with a sleek non-stick surface.
- The side grease cup catches extra oil while you cook.
- There’s no lid on this unit.
- The griddle is a bit shaky.
7. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Small Propane Gas GrillView at Amazon
The Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow is among the best home grills on the market for its power and portability.
Its single U-shaped burner powers on at 10,000 BTU, making for a quick warm-up and fast cooking times. The ignition is as easy as pushing a button, and the 305 inches of cooking space warm up fast over the powerful burner. The Smoke Hollow also comes with a warming rack to keep your food warm.
The tabletop design makes this an ideal grill for saving space and the lid locks so that you can store it away or take it with you anywhere. The carrying handles make that easy.
Buyers like the high heat output of this small grill and how fast it gets going. They appreciate how easy it is to assemble and clean and how nice the stainless steel looks.
The portability of the grill is appealing to most customers, though there does seem to be the issue of the drip pan sliding around during transport since it doesn’t lock in places like the lid and the legs.
- Super quick warm-up.
- Sleek and portable design.
- Ample cooking space and simple ignition.
- The drip tray doesn’t lock in place and may slide around while carrying.
- U-shape burner design means that some cooking spots may be warmer than others
8. Char-Broil Performance 300 Small Cabinet Propane Gas GrillView at Amazon
The Char-Broil Performance 300 is a small portable propane grill with all the works, including two powerful burners, 300 square inches of cooking space, a warming rack, side shelves, and a storage cabinet. The grill cooks about 16 burgers, and the racks are rust-resistant cast iron.
The electric ignition is simple, just a button to push, and it starts up immediately. A lid-mounted temperature gauge allows you to keep track of the heat, and the warming rack will enable you to keep things from getting cold while you’re cooking other food.
There are two metal side shelves for extra prep space, and the grill itself sits atop a storage cabinet with four casters on the bottom so you can move the unit around with ease.
Consumers of this product say that there’s plenty of cooking space for this small grill. It heats quickly and consistently, according to buyers, and the instant ignition is satisfying.
The grill itself is easy for customers to assemble, and they enjoy the storage cabinet, even though some customers do wish the gas tank was farther back.
Customers also advise letting the grill cook without food when first purchasing to get all the new-product chemicals off.
- Iron grates are resistant to rust.
- The storage cabinet allows for keeping the gas tank and other grilling accessories safe.
- The top has a built-in heat shield so you won’t burn your hands when touching the lid.
- Food sticks to the grating, so you’ll want to oil up the grill and let it cook for a moment before putting any food on top.
9. Giantex Propane Small Tabletop Gas GrillView at Amazon
The Giantex Tabletop Gas Grill is more than deserving of its spot amongst other high-quality gas grills for camping, backyard cooking, or any other outdoor grilling pursuits. It’s a lightweight grill, at only 26 pounds, and features a locking lid and foldable legs to take it with you wherever you need to go.
The durable stainless steel lid protects from heat and the unit as a whole is sturdy and easy to maintain.
The two burners have a combined power of 20,000 BTU but are independently adjustable for controlling the heat how you want it.
The thermometer is built-in, and the grease collector hides underneath, giving this unit the features that you need without needing to take up any extra space.
The reception of this grill is exceptionally favorable. Customers are in love with the heavy-duty make and the quality of the stainless steel.
They enjoy how well it cooks anything and how easy it is to transport and clean.
Customers are happy with how easy the grill is to assemble and have found customer service to be pleasant. Some say that it’s a bit more expensive than most portable grills, but do believe that it’s well worth the price.
- Independently adjustable burners.
- Portable design, complete with a locking lid and foldable legs.
- It comes with a hose, so you won’t have to worry about purchasing it separately. It also works with disposable propane cylinders.
- On the heavy side for a portable grill.
- Some may find the grating spaced out a bit too much.
10. Napoleon TQ285X-BL Portable Propane GrillView at Amazon
For our last compact propane grill that we recommend, the Napoleon Portable Grill earns the closing spot. This portable grill is a free-standing small gas grill that you don’t have to carry because the cart folds and rolls with you like a suitcase on all-terrain wheels.
Two burners heat the 285 square-inch cooking space with 12,000 BTU of combined cooking power. The design comes made to resist wind, so after you ignite the burners, nothing can knock the flame down.
It also comes with an accu-probe temperature gauge built right into the grill that displays consistently accurate readings.
The cooking grids are porcelain zed cast iron and heat your food of choice evenly. There are also side shelves included for extra preparation and serving space.
Customers say that this grill is excellent for taking outdoors or on road trips and that it works incredibly well in windy conditions.
Buyers agree that there’s plenty of cooking space and that cleanup afterward is an easy task.
While buyers believe the material is excellent and are happy with the accuracy of the thermometer, they do say that the ventilation isn’t the greatest and that you’ll need to be paying close attention to your grilling to make sure things get cooked right.
If you’re already the type who always hangs around the grill when cooking, though, you should be good to go.
- Super easy to assemble.
- Highly resistant to strong winds and made of sturdy material.
- The cart the grill comes on is foldable and easy to store and take from place to place.
- Airflow isn’t the best, so it’s a bit difficult to maintain the right temperature.
Making the Decision
Now that you’ve seen nearly a dozen small propane gas grills, I’m sure you’re wondering which one is the best small propane gas grill. Of course, while every patio-size gas grill will meet various preferences, our top recommendation from this list would be the Cuisinart Grillster.
As previously mentioned, the grill only weighs ten pounds, is convenient to clean by being dishwasher friendly, gives you plenty of cooking space and power, and requires no assembly. It has a great deal of positive customer reception and is the perfect patio-size gas grill for saving space and taking with you anywhere.
If you want something free-standing, however, we’d go with the Char-Broil Classic 280, which comes with a side burner, and metal shelves for extra storage, and can still be wheeled around. Even if it’s a bit challenging to assemble, it performs beautifully.
All things considered, if you’re trying to save space but still want to cook for the crowd, the best small propane gas grill is most likely on this list. Just remember to stay safe always, and grill with care.