Table of Contents Hide
- The 10 Best Steak Knife Sets:
- 1. Bellemain Premium Steak Knife Set
- 2. JA Henckel International Steak Knife Set
- 3. Delstrong Gladiator Series Serrated Steak Knife Set
- 4. Emojoy Steak Knife Set
- 5. Dalstrong Gladiator Series Straight-Blade Steak Knife Set
- 6. Rada Cutlery Utility Steak Knife Gift Set
- 7. Messermeister Avanta Fine Edge Steak Knife Set
- 8. Victorinox Steak Knife Set
- 9. Sports Vault NFL Steak Knife Set
- 10. Equinox Steak Knife Set
You want the best steak knife set for your money. Provide your family and guests with knives that cut quickly and smoothly while looking good in the process. We took the most popular steak knife sets and mercilessly ran them through the wringer. What we’re left with is the very best on the market today.
Let’s cut right into the matter and find your next set. Here are the very best steak knife sets we could find this year.
The 10 Best Steak Knife Sets:
1. Bellemain Premium Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
This set offers a sweet balance between hand-feel, durability, and cost. For that reason, we think they’re the best steak knives.
The medium serrations cut through even tough steak easily, but they won’t tear. You can use them for any cut of meat.
We like how the tempered surgical steel resists rust, perhaps for a lifetime, and holds sharpness for many years without any need for sharpening.
At five inches, they’re a bit longer than most steak knives. Few have a problem with this, but purists consider anything over four and a half inches to be too long. At the end of the day, it’s just a matter of personal preference.
- Four-knife set is good for small family meals
- 5-in. blade
- Tempered surgical steel holds an edge for a long time
- Full tang provides elegant balance
- Great value
- Nice balance
- Good for all meats – Not just steak
- Some perfectionists may find these to be just a little too long
2. JA Henckel International Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
If you get the best non-serrated steak knives, you miss out on the single-pass cutting that serrated knives can offer. If you go with serrated blades, you give up on the smoothness of a straight blade. These knives give you the best features of both types of blades with their micro serrations. They cut smoothly without tearing.
It would be better if they were made of a better kind of steel. Don’t get me wrong: Stainless steel is the industry standard. But given the durability of the full-tang handle and the awesome micro serrations, a better grade of steel would have been more fitting.
- Four-knife set for everyday use
- 4-½in. blades
- Stainless steel blades are rust-resistant
- Full tang construction is durable and feels heavy in your hand
- Micro serrations offer the best of both worlds
- Very durable triple-rivet design
- Plain old stainless steel is resistant to rust, but not as much as more processed steel
3. Delstrong Gladiator Series Serrated Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
A good steak knife set has features above and beyond what you’d find in the bargain section of your local department store. This set has several outstanding features.
The rounded tips are safer for kids to use, but there is another benefit. You won’t accidentally poke bigger pieces of meat while you’re cutting a bite. That’s good because chunks of meat immediately start to dry out when they’re poked like that.
Each blade is carefully heat-treated to a hardness of 56 or higher on the Rockwell scale. That means they won’t bend or break. This is a hallmark of the best knives.
You can store each knife in its own sheath after washing and careful drying. This is safer, and it keeps the edge from getting dulled or dinged during storage.
- Four-piece set
- 5-in. blades feel more substantial in your hand
- High-carbon steel for strength and better rust-resistance than stainless
- Full tang for that heavy, solid feel
- A rounded tip is safer and helps prevent piercing
- Included sheaths make for safer storage and help to retain sharpness
- Premium hand-feel
- Heat-treated blades make them extra rigid
- Rounded tips
- Sheaths included
- This set is very expensive at almost $90
4. Emojoy Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
This set is made of high-carbon steel, rather than surgical steel, but the small sacrifice in quality means you get a better deal. High-carbon steel is not quite as resistant to rust as surgical, but it is less prone to bending.
There is no serration, which means they do need to be sharpened once in a while, but you get a much smoother cut with no tearing of your steak.
If you want the best quality steak knives, but don’t want to spend more than $5 a piece, take a good look at this set.
- The six-knife set is ideal for larger families and makes for a better overall value for the money
- 4-½-in. the blade is the perfect size for most
- High-carbon German steel is very durable and resists bending
- Full tang offers a great balanced feel
- Non-serrated blade for a smooth cut
- Very good value
- Triple-rivet design for added durability
- Strong steel doesn’t bend easily
- Straight-edge requires occasional sharpening
5. Dalstrong Gladiator Series Straight-Blade Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
This set is similar to the serrated Dalstrong Gladiator set that we looked at earlier in this steak knife review, but there are some key differences you should be aware of.
First, these tips aren’t rounded. That’s no biggie, but some people have bought these expecting a rounded tip.
The most obvious difference is that the blades are straight, rather than serrated. You still have the same strong blades, but here you’ll get a smoother, but less efficient, cut.
- Four-knife set for the average family
- 5-in. blades
- High-carbon steel is strong and resists corrosion
- Sheaths are included to protect your investment
- Strong heat-treated blades
- Handsome styling
- Sheaths are included for protection and safety
6. Rada Cutlery Utility Steak Knife Gift SetView at Amazon
Would one of your friends or family members enjoy a gift of heavy steak knives? If so, pay attention! This set seems made forgiving. They are attractively presented in a nice box. All you’d have to do is wrap it.
The stainless blades will last for many years, although they’ll have to be sharpened every so often. That’s the major drawback of straight blades.
You have a choice of regular black plastic handles or cool aluminum handles with a satin finish. They were about the same price.
Really, the only thing we don’t like is the lack of rivets. The handles are molded around the tang, so they won’t last forever, but the price is right.
- Six-knife set is good for larger gatherings or as a gift
- 4-¾in. blades are great for dinnerware and can be useful for food prep
- Stainless steel keeps the cost down
- Available with black plastic or polished aluminum handles
- Come in handy storage box
- Excellent value
- Makes a great gift
- Handles are molded around the tang, which can eventually cause the blade to come loose from the handle
7. Messermeister Avanta Fine Edge Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
If you’re in the market for stainless steel steak knives, you may want to spend a bit more on high-carbon steel instead. There’s nothing really wrong with stainless, but it might be worth it for you to get knives made out of stronger steel that’s more durable and keeps a sharp edge longer.
These are somewhat expensive compared to similar sets, but the steel collar between the blade and handle makes the knives feel heftier and better balanced.
There’s no accounting for taste, but this set may be the best-looking one on our list. They’re available with wooden or stainless handles.
- The four-piece set keeps the price of this high-end set down
- 5in. blades
- High-carbon steel is strong and keeps an edge
- Full tang offers superb balance and a hefty feel
- Great balance
- A bit pricey
8. Victorinox Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
The blades of these awesome steak knives are made of stainless, but they are tempered. That means that they’ll stay sharp much longer than cheaper, non-tempered blades.
The balance isn’t quite what you’d expect from high-end knife sets. That’s because the tang doesn’t go all the way to the end of the handle. It’s barely noticeable, but you’ll want to be aware if you’re after perfect balance.
The handles are molded around the tang, but the molding is very tight and unlikely to come loose. If it ever does, you could make a claim on the limited lifetime warranty.
- Set of six is ideal for dinner with guests
- 4-½in. blades
- Tempered stainless steel blades hold an edge longer than non-tempered blades
- Black plastic handles are easy to wash
- Small serration for a smoother cut than the typical deeply serrated blades
- Tempered steel blades
- Holds a fine edge through many uses
- Comes in a storage box
- Somewhat expensive
- Not full tang
9. Sports Vault NFL Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
Finally, we have some affordable steak knives for NFL fans.
These aren’t just collector’s pieces. They are quality serrated knives with stainless steel blades. They aren’t constructed quite as well as the other knives on our list, but they are the best NFL steak knives we could find.
You definitely want to wash these by hand. That logo isn’t going to be pristine forever. Think of these as collector’s knives that you can actually use once in a while. Everyday use will make the logo and team colors deteriorate quickly.
- Two knives per set
- 4-¾-in. blades make the logo stand out better than team knives with shorter blades
- Medium serrations for versatility
- Plastic handles to keep the price down
- Double rivets offer more durability than handles that simply snap together
- The best NFL team knives
- The logo will wear off over time
- Not very durable
10. Equinox Steak Knife SetView at Amazon
These are among the best-looking knives among high-end steak knife sets. The wood handles are easy to grip and they give the feel of rugged function without losing the hint of elegance that you want on your table.
The medium serrations are practical and cut with minimal tearing. You’ll want something like this for thick steaks and roasts.
We just wish that there was one more rivet in the handle. There haven’t been any complaints about durability, but that extra rivet gives extra piece of mind.
- Four-piece set is good daily meals
- 4-½-in. average length blades
- Stainless steel for a good compromise between durability and cost
- Full tang ensures long-lasting quality
- Serrated blades cut quickly and easily
- Nice value
- Good-looking wood handles
- Stainless doesn’t offer the highest level of rust-resistance
- Two rivets in the handle are not quite as secure as three or more
Picking the best steak knife set requires knowing what you need.
If the value that’s most important to you, you may be happiest with Emojoy’s set. You can get four knives for around $25. You won’t be sacrificing durability or function, though. These knives will last for years with basic care and occasional sharpening.
If you’re willing to spend a little more for sharpness that will amaze you and your family, JA Henckel International’s awesome knife set will fit your expectations perfectly. And better yet, they never need to be honed.
The best all-around set for everyday use is Bellemain’s Premium. The tempered surgical steel won’t bend easily, and it’s very resistant to rust. They feel good in the hand, and they cut better than most steak houses’ knives.
Good steak knives will enhance your meal by adding an extra layer of satisfaction to go along with that delicious, tender steak. Go ahead and pick your set out today.