Do you want to impress your family and friends with your perfectly smoked steak at the upcoming BBQ party? A Camp Chef pellet grill may be all you need. Camp Chef is a popular BBQ brand and manufacturer of Camp Chef smokers and other outdoor cooking appliances for more than 20 years.
Their grills simplify your outdoor cooking. Whether you’re an avid camper or you love hosting neighborhood parties, you won’t go wrong with these appliances. Keep reading to learn the five best Camp Chef pellet grills.
Top Camp Chef Pellet Grills Reviews
1. Camp Chef 24 in. WiFi Woodwind Pellet Grill and SmokerView at Amazon
This pellet grill has taken things to another level with its WiFi capability and four probes. You can rush to the store, entertain friends, run other errands, and still monitor the grill’s temperature.
It is an ideal choice if you never have time for grilling or if the ability to control it from virtually anywhere in the world tickles you.
In most Camp Chef Woodwind pellet grill reviews, grilling enthusiasts are impressed with the WiFi capability and four probes. The adjustable smoke settings and the Slide and Grill technology are a huge plus.
- WiFi Capability: The PID and WiFi controller allows you to monitor and control temperature and smoke. You can increase or reduce the amount of smoke in your smoker by adjusting the Smoke Number. You can connect the appliance to your home WiFi and control it via the Camp Chef App on your smartphone or tablet. There are four probes on the controller, and you can monitor up to 4 pieces of meat or chicken. The firebox and the meat probes have a stainless steel make, which makes them sturdy and rust-resistant. The temperature ranges from 160⁰F to 500⁰F, which you can adjust in 5⁰F increments for slow smoking or high-temperature grilling.
- Slide and Grill Technology: It allows direct grilling with temperatures of up to 650⁰F. You can move the heat diffuser using the knob on the left so that the firepot heats the grill racks directly.
- Ash Kickin’ Cleanout System: The system features a removable cup that collects the ashes from your cooking, allowing you to easily clean the firepot without removing the diffuser and the grill. You can remove the cup, dump the ashes, and then put it back.
- Large Hopper: The hopper can hold up to 22 lbs of pellets. You can stuff a 20 lbs bag of pellets without them spilling over.
- Cord Storage: The cords can be very annoying if left to dangle. Cord storage may not be an immediate need, but this appliance features a cord management system for seamless handling. There’s also a bottom utility shelf that’s sturdy and can hold bags of pellets. The legs are 50mm and heavy-duty to keep the smoker steady and support its weight. Other features include a grease management system, a protective cover, and a removable upper grate.
- Adjustable smoke settings.
- It has WiFi and Bluetooth capability to set and monitor timers and temperature.
- Compatible with the Camp Chef Connect App.
- Slide and Grill Technology for direct grilling.
- Ash Kickin’ Cleanout System makes it easy to clean.
- Temperature ranges from slow smoking to quick grilling.
- The application is a bit complicated.
2. Camp Chef SmokePro SE Pellet GrillView at Amazon
For someone on a budget, this wood pellet grill is the most affordable pick. You will get amazing features and well-grilled food at an affordable price.
- Automatic Pellet Auger: The pellet auger dispenses the pellets needed in the firepot and stops when the grill reaches the highest temperature.
- Electronic Auto-ignition: With digital controls and electronic auto-ignition, starting the grill is pretty straightforward.
- Large Cooking Area: The cooking area is 429 square inches, large enough to fit a rack of ribs and two full chickens.
- Large Hopper: If you wonder where you’ll store your pellets, this pellet grill has a big hopper that can handle 18 lbs of pellets. You don’t have to keep filling it up now and then.
- Temperature Gauge: Camp Chef SmokerPro SE comes with a built-in temperature gauge that controls and helps you track the cooking temperature. You can be sure your food will cook well at the right temperature required.
- Easy to clean: It features an ash cleanout system with a removable ash cup. To remove the ash, pull the knob. The ash will drop into the cup. Remove the cup and dump the ash. There’s also a grease management system where all the grease and oil drain into a drip pan, which you can easily remove and dispose of the oil.
- Adjustable Smokestack: You can adjust the smoke levels in your grill manually by adjusting the smokestack.
- Easy to Transport and Move Around: The unit weighs 106 lbs only and has roller wheels to transport it and move it around conveniently. Other features include slots for an additional warming rack, a front shelf, and a utility rack. Many users love how it is easy to use.
- A large cooking area of 429 sq. inches.
- The grill has a big hopper to store your pellets.
- Built-in temperature sensor gauge.
- Temperatures can go up to 500 degrees.
- It has an electronic auto-ignition and digital control to monitor the temperature.
- Additional racks and shelves are sold separately.
- It does not perform well when it’s windy.
3. Camp Chef 36in. WiFi Woodwind Pellet Grill and SmokerView at Amazon
This Woodwind pellet grill and smoker is the best Camp Chef grill if you have a large family or plan to host a party. Just like the 24 inches WiFi pellet grill mentioned above, it has WiFi capability, PID controller, and smoke control features.
- PID Controller with Smoke Control: This feature allows you to control how much smoke you want to incorporate and the temperature. You can adjust the temperature in the range of 160⁰F-500⁰F and change smoke settings by adjusting the Smoke Number from 1 to 10. The larger the Smoke Number, the more the smoke and versa.
- WiFi and Bluetooth Capability: The smoker can connect to WiFi in your home and Bluetooth makes it possible to control it from anywhere. This is because it’s compatible with the Camp Chef Connect App, which you install on your smartphone. You can then use the app to adjust temperature and smoke settings remotely.
- Slide and Grill: Like charcoal and gas grills, this feature allows you to grill your meat directly using the direct flame mode. You can achieve this by pulling a knob on the left of the grill. This allows more flames to reach the lower grill increasing the temperature up to 650⁰F.
- Four Meat Probes: The smoker comes with four meat probes and four meat probe inputs. You can monitor the progress of up to four meat robes through the digital controller display. You will be able to do other things and still have perfectly smoked chicken as the controller gives you accurate readings and allows you to adjust smoke and temperature settings.
- Ash Kickin’ Cleanout Technology: Cleaning this appliance is hassle-free. The technology includes a removable ashes cup located on the underside of the pellet grill. After every cook, pull the knob, and the ashes will drop into the removable cup, which you’ll remove and dispose of the ashes then put the cup back. Doing this between every use makes it easy to clean the pellet grill.
- Compatible with Sear Box or Sidekick: You can attach a sear box or a sidekick to this pallet grill. A Sear Box allows temperatures to reach 900⁰F. You will get beautiful sear marks, more flavor, and better texture. The Sidekick reaches a temperature of up to 750⁰F. It’s an all-in-one cooking option that allows you to bake, boil, braise, and sear. It’s a versatile unit that comes with a cast iron griddle. To attach either of the units, you will need to remove the side shelf. It’s important to note the package does not include the accessories. You’ll have to buy them separately.
- Large Cooking Area: The chamber in the Woodwind series is expanded to give you more room for smoking and grilling. Its large cooking capacity allows you to grill and smoke foods in your preferred volume. For people who love searing, its attachment capability is an added advantage to the already feature-packed palette grill. The pellet grill comes with a 3-year warranty.
- WiFi and Bluetooth capability allow it to connect with the Camp Chef App.
- PID control for temperature adjustment and smoke control.
- Ash Kickin’ Cleanout for easy cleaning.
- You can attach a Sidekick or a Sear Box.
- Slide and Grill Technology allows you to grill directly.
- Large cooking area.
- Sear Box and Sidekick are not included in the package.
- The application is complicated.
- You have to manually confirm if it has powered on even after doing so on the app.
4. Camp Chef PG24MZG SmokePro Slide SmokerView at Amazon
If you are looking for an affordable alternative for the WiFi Woodwind pellet grill, the Camp Chef PG24MZG smokePro Slide Smoker is the best smoker grill on the market.
It is a slide-and-grill smoker with digital control and is easy to use and maintain. You can use it to grill, bake and braise thanks to its versatility.
The space is large enough to accommodate a good volume of food. You can also grill different foods at the same time.
Most consumers love the versatility of this unit. The hopper can accommodate many pellets, and the PID controller makes temperature and smoke monitoring seamless.
- PID Controller: The digital control ensures a consistent temperature. You can adjust the smoke settings and temperature when using the two meat probes. Temperature ranges are from 160⁰F to 500⁰F. The controller has a low glare and a high-visibility display. The dial menu is also easy to use.
- Large Cooking area: The cooking area is 811 square inches. Comparing it to Pit Boss, which has 700 square inches of cooking space, the Camp Chef PG24MZG Smoke Pro Slide Smoker’s cooking area is larger.
- Slide and Grill Technology: There’s a knob on the left of the grill that allows you to switch to direct and indirect flame modes. You can cook with high temperatures of up to 650⁰F from the flame.
- Sidekick and Sear Box Compatible: You can attach a Sidekick or a Sear Box to the side of the unit. Although these are not included in the package, you will have more fun searing and adding more flavor to your food.
- Folding Front Shelf: The unit comes with a folding front shelf. Other features include an easy ash cleanout system, cord and grease management systems, a full-size upper shelf, expanded chamber height, two upper racks, and recipe ideas.
- PID control with adjustable temperature and smoke settings.
- The grill has slide and Grill technology.
- Compatible with a Sidekick or a Sear Box.
- Large cooking area.
- The package has recipe ideas and two upper racks.
- Easy to clean.
- Several customers reported a faulty temperature sensor.
- Does not have hooks
5. Camp Chef Pursuit Portable Pellet GrillView at Amazon
This grill is the best Camp Chef pellet grill for tailgating. For starters, it weighs a mere 82 lbs making it amazingly portable.
It’s made from stainless steel, and you will not have to worry about rusting. Even though it’s significantly lighter, it’s packed with many useful features for grilling, smoking, and braising.
Most users are impressed with the main features and how portable it is. However, the lack of sear compatibility is a concern for others.
- PID Controller: It has a digital control for consistent temperature, adjustable smoke settings, two meat probes, an easy-to-use menu, and adaptable temperatures of 160⁰F to 500⁰F.
- Folding Legs and Leg Levelers: You can easily fold your legs and has leg levelers for easy transportation. It also has a locking hopper lid and a compact design, making it an excellent portable grill.
- Easy to Clean: It has an ash clean-out system to make it easy to remove the ash and a grease management system that allows grease and oil to drip on a drip pan, after which you can remove it and dispose of it the grease.
- Slide and Grill Technology: If you want to cook at higher temperatures, you can use the direct flame mode of up to 650⁰F.
- Hopper Capacity: It has a hopper capacity of 10 lbs of pellets, which is not the largest, but it’s ideal for a portable pellet grill. The grill also features an upper shelf and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Portable pellet grill.
- Slide and Grill technology
- Ash cleanout technology.
- PID controller for consistent temperatures.
- Adjustable smoke settings.
- The legs are not steady enough.
- It is not possible to sear the whole grill at once.
Factors to Consider
Size of the Cooking area
The size you go for will depend on your grilling needs. If you have a large family or you intend to use it for parties, consider going for a pellet grill with a large cooking space.
The Camp Chef 36 inches Woodwind pellet grill is an ideal option if you need one with a large cooking space while the Camp Chef DLX smoker can serve small to medium grilling needs.
A well-built pellet grill will last for years. When buying a Camp Chef pellet grill, look at the materials used.
Stainless steel doesn’t rust, and an overall strong build will make the grill sturdier and more durable.
Type of Controller
A controller makes sure the temperature in the grill is consistent. Most controllers keep the temperature even in normal weather conditions, but others don’t function well when it’s windy or cold.
Most of the Camp Chef pellet grills in this list use a PID controller, which checks and adjusts the temperature accordingly and if it’s low, adds pellets to keep it consistent.
You should consider features such as an ash clean-out system and how easy it is to use.
Most of the Camp Chef pellet grills in this list also feature slide and grill technology, grease management, and a PID controller with adjustable smoke settings.
Others have advanced technologies such as WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity and several meat probes.
The temperature range can be different depending on what you want to cook.
For most Camp Chef pellet grills, the temperature ranges from 160⁰F to 500⁰F. However, those with searing capability can go up to 900⁰F and direct flame mode in slide and grill technology of up to 650⁰F.
Can you use pellet grills for smoking?Yes. In fact, pellet grills are great for smoking. With high smoke levels, you will get that smoky flavor on our ribs, steak, chicken, or anything else you want to smoke.
Should I empty the ashes after every cook?It is recommended that you dispose of the ashes after every time you use the grill. This makes it easy to clean and prevents temperature swings and flame-outs.
Can I use another source of fuel for the pellet grill?You can only use pellets as fuel for the pellet grill. You cannot get any heat without them.
How long does it take for the grill to reach the desired temperature?It takes about 8 minutes to ignite the pellets and around 15-20 minutes to get to the desired temperature. However, other factors, such as cold weather, can influence time.
All five models listed above are ideal options in different situations. However, the 24 inches WiFi Woodwind pellet grill and smoker is the best overall because of its advanced features like WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, a large cooking area, digital control, and a large hopper.
If it’s above your budget, you can buy the Camp Chef PG24MZG SmokePro Slide Smoker, an affordable alternative.
Make your grilling wishes come true. Buy a Camp Chef pellet grill that suits your needs.