A griddle is a dream come true for anyone that dreams of cooking breakfasts, hot sandwiches, and burger patties outdoors, especially in that perfect morning temperature before it gets too hot outside.
There are many different types of griddles, however, and the choices can sometimes be overwhelming, which is why we’re focusing on ceramic electric griddles. Electric griddles eliminate the need for frequent refueling, and ceramic proves to be one of the most useful cooking surfaces out there.
In our search for the best ceramic electric griddle, we put dozens of products side by side to narrow down the top picks.
In this post, we’ve put together a list of the best ceramic electric griddles worth putting your time and money toward. We know you’re probably anxious to see what these griddles have to offer, so let’s jump right into our reviews.
Top Ceramic Electric Griddles Reviews
1. BELLA Electric Ceramic Titanium GriddleView at Amazon
Our first product on the list is a smaller-sized electric ceramic griddle that packs a powerful punch.
The Bella electric ceramic griddle offers 10.5 by 20 inches of cooking space operating at 1500 Watts, providing eight times more durability and 30% quicker heating than standard nonstick coatings, and offering precision temperature control via a removable temperature probe.
The surface is safe up to 850 degrees Fahrenheit, free from PTFE, PFOA, BPA, lead, and cadmium, and is reinforced by titanium to give it high resistance to scratches and chips.
Customers generally agree that this griddle is a fantastic product for its price. Buyers are particularly impressed with the temperature, which is accurate every time.
Customers do warn that you must season this griddle before using it. Otherwise, the nonstick surface doesn’t prevent food from sticking as it should, and you might end up seeing burn marks from the heating element underneath.
Bella’s electric griddle may have its drawbacks, as does every griddle, but there’s no doubt that the griddle comes made for some serious cooking. If durability and heating power matter most to you, this is probably your griddle of choice.
- The removable temperature probe reads out precise degrees for optimal temperature control
- Titanium-coated nonstick surface is easy to clean
- 1500 Watts means the griddle heats up quickly and effectively
- Built-in ledge with backstop lets you flip foods easily
- Handles stay cool to the touch for safe usage
- Temperature is incredibly accurate and offers more than just low, medium, and high settings
- Very easy to clean after use, especially if seasoned before cooking
- Retains heat well and performs more safely than a stove
- The powerful heating element may burn the cooking plate
- Significant damage may occur if you don’t season the griddle before using
2. Presto 07055 Cool-Touch Electric Ceramic GriddleView at Amazon
The Presto electric griddle is more than worthy of opening up our review section. This ceramic griddle sports 20 inches of cooking surface, exceptional nonstick quality, a diamond-patterned cooking surface, and handles to let you store your griddle in any standard 18-inch kitchen cabinet.
The griddle is heavy-cast aluminum for excellent durability and after you remove the heat control, you can submerge the entire griddle in water for pleasantly easy cleanup.
Buyers are delighted with the nonstick qualities of the griddle and the lack of needing butter and oil to cook. According to consumers, the handles feel secure, cleanup is a cinch, and there are no hot and cold spots apparent even when they search for them.
The only downsides are that the heating ring underneath makes a mark that affects the aesthetic quality, and the drip pan, while it functions very well, may shatter when dropped.
The Presto is a marvelous griddle capable of whipping up a hearty breakfast for a big family. If cooking one pancake at a time in a cast iron pan is starting to get on your nerves, this product is the best ceramic griddle for easing your nerves.
- Cool Touch base on the front and both sides. Ceramic nonstick surface. Fully immersible with the heat control removed
- Slide-out drip tray. Great for every meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- A low-profile design allows the griddle to be used as a buffet server. Ceramic nonstick surface for stick-free cooking and easy cleaning
- The big 10 1/2-x 20-inch cooking surface is perfect for family-size meals. Built-in backstop ledge for easy food handling
- Heavy cast aluminum base with a ceramic nonstick surface and slide-out drip tray. Control Master heat control maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically
- High performance when it comes to the nonstick aspect
- You can cook plenty of food with consistent heat throughout
- Cleaning the griddle is ridiculously easy and requires no elbow grease whatsoever
- Not as smooth due to the diamond patterning, which will texture your food as well
- The grease pan is very basic and may break easily if you don’t handle it carefully
3. Hamilton Beach 38518R DurathonView at Amazon
Our next product is one out of two Hamilton Beach griddles that we have on our list due to the remarkable quality of each. This griddle provides 200 square inches of copper cooking space with a nonstick ceramic surface, allowing you to fit even an entire package of bacon on your griddle.
The product comes with adjustable temperature controls, handles that stay cool to the touch, and a removable grease tray safe to put into the dishwasher.
This griddle is four times more durable than traditional nonstick griddles to reduce the chances of peeling and scratching, and when you finish cooking, just remove the cord, and you’ll be safe to submerge the griddle in water and wash.
Consumers are pleased with the amount of space this griddle offers, the consistency of the heat distribution, and the ease of cleaning up. Buyers attest to a smooth cooking process but do recommend you cook at lower temperatures than you usually do.
Customers also encourage you to take note of the flat design because while your food won’t slide around too much, not all the grease will make it into the drip tray either.
Hamilton Beach is a quality brand, so you can trust that their griddles come to deliver quality as well. With ample cooking space, durable construction, and smooth cooking, this griddle is worth the money.
- The copper build is durable, and the ceramic nonstick coating is PTFE and PFOA free for no toxins while cooking
- Fully immersible once unplugged for super easy cleanup after cooking
- Adjustable temperature controls let you cook anywhere between 200 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit while maintaining even heat distribution
- The 200 square inches of cooking space don’t chip or scratch as easily as standard nonstick surfaces
- Heat distributes evenly and quickly
- The Nonstick surface is incredibly smooth and easy to clean
- You can fit a lot of food on the surface, and it won’t slide around too much
- A flatter design means not all the grease slides into the drip tray
- You need to get used to cooking at lower temperatures than you’re used to
4. Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Gourmet SizzlerView at Amazon
The ceramic griddle by Zojirushi is a heavy-duty griddle that comes with some pleasing bonuses. The construction consists of one aluminum layer topped by dual ceramic layers and a titanium-enforced nonstick cooking surface, making the cooking plate made for durability and high performance.
The griddle comes with variable heat settings, easy controls, a cooking lid, a stainless steel spatula, and the ability to disassemble for cleanup. With a 19 by 12.5-inch cooking space, you have a lot of room to whip up anything you crave.
Buyers enjoy the even heat distribution of this griddle and the impressive cooking performance, although it takes a little longer than usual for this griddle to get up to temperature.
Clean-up is often as easy as a wipe-down with a damp paper towel, and because everything aside from the cooking plate is so lightweight, some buyers are even traveling with their griddle.
Customers also note a dip in the pan, which gives the griddle fantastic frying capabilities, though this means the grease isn’t draining into a tray.
This griddle offers many functions while performing at a high level of quality. When you need something versatile, easy to work with, and top-grade, this is a griddle well worth your money and time.
- Heat settings include a 176-degree (Fahrenheit) setting, for keeping things warm, up to a 425-degree setting (Fahrenheit) for higher-temperature cooking
- The multi-layered cooking plate includes aluminum, ceramic, and titanium elements for maximum durability
- The product disassembles for immersible cleanup
- Comes with a cooking lid to speed up cooking time
- Plug clicks into place so you know for sure when you can start cooking
- The heating element is separate from the cooking plate, heating the air rather than the plate itself, eliminating hot and cold spots
- Works as a deep fryer as well as a stove
- Light enough to travel with but durable enough to stay free of chips, dents, and scratches
- Takes longer to get to the temperature you want than other griddles
- No drain hole means you need to figure out how you’re going to deal with the grease
- The bumpy cooking surface will affect the texture of pancakes and other similar foods
5. GOTHAM STEEL Smokeless Electric GrillView at Amazon
On the subject of versatility, this product comes with both a griddle and a grilling surface, both of which you can use for indoor and outdoor cooking alike.
You get a 14 by 9 inches ceramic-coated cooking surface, a ceramic-coated drip pan to prevent smoke, and a burn-proof base for extra protection, making this product truly smokeless.
The product pulls apart for straightforward storage, has four user-friendly temperature settings (warm, low, medium, and high), and has a removable grease catcher to ensure that you have everything you need to get you cooking comfortably.
Consumers are happy with the even distribution of heat, the ease of disassembly and reassembly, and the speed of cleanup. According to buyers, the griddle performs fantastically, and the grilling surface is perfect for searing.
Customers do warn, however, that you be careful about how you place the grill surface into the cradle, as the improper placement will burn the corners of the cradle where the grilling surface sits.
The Gotham Steel griddle and grill offer you dual functionality while still performing quality cooking without the hassle of grease and smoke. When you need a product that’s easy to operate and clean, this griddle-grill combo is a prime consideration.
- Comes with a griddle plate and grill surface for 2-in-1 functioning
- Both the cooking surfaces and the drip pan are ceramic-coated to reduce smoking
- Can be disassembled for easy cleaning and storage
- The user-friendly temperature dial has four settings to make cooking simpler
- Deluxe Size: 14 x 9 cooking surface
- 18 x 13″ including handle and frame
- The grease management works exceptionally well, leaving you without a massive amount of grease
- No smoke means you can grill indoors without worrying about setting off alarms
- While the product is smaller than the others, the heat distributes well and cooks thoroughly
- Reassembling the product incorrectly can burn the cradle that holds the cooking plates
- While the material is scratch-resistant, scratches will still show up faintly
6. diig Electric GriddleView at Amazon
This electric ceramic griddle by diig comes with a unique design and all the qualities you would want in a good griddle, like quick and even heating, durability, nonstick capabilities, easy cleaning, and handles that stay cool for safe use.
The cooking surface is 18 by 10 inches to give you plenty of room to cook for yourself or a family while allowing you complete control over the temperature with an adjustable knob and high resistance to scratching, chipping, and peeling.
Buyers are impressed with the elegant appearance of this griddle and the incredible quality of the nonstick surface. The smokeless nature of the griddle is a blessing to customers who want nothing more than to cook indoors, and the speed and consistency of the heat are also a plus to consumers.
Some buyers note that the area farthest from the plug isn’t as warm as the rest of the griddle. They also observe that the temperature doesn’t always stay stable, but agree that the benefits of the product significantly outweigh the drawbacks.
For a griddle that stands out, this product is the electric ceramic griddle that you’ve been searching for. With the combination of unique design, lasting durability, and quality cooking performance, this griddle is the product you want in your cart.
- The heavy-cast aluminum body promotes high durability while the nonstick coating is PTFE and PFOA-free for fewer toxins and healthier cooking
- 1200 Watts and a thinner cooking plate ensure the griddle preheats quickly and cooks up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit
- The adjustable temperature knob allows for precise cooking
- Handles stay cool to the touch for safe cooking, and the griddle is lightweight for easy portability
- The smooth and flat ceramic surface is dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Highly appealing design works well with all kitchen aesthetics
- A thinner cooking plate means the griddle preheats rapidly
- The nonstick surface requires no greasing and is exceptionally easy to clean
- The last few inches away from the connector is less warm than the rest of the griddle
- The temperature may go up or down a bit, so you may need to pay more attention to the temperature
- The grease tray is slightly tricky to put back due to the little rubber tip that holds it in place
Making the Decision
While each of these ceramic electric griddles presents a strong case, our top pick would have to be the Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Gourmet Sizzler.
The four layers of construction provide you with a heavy-duty cooking plate, and the heating element separate from the plate indirectly heats the cooking surface for even heat throughout.
It may not get up to your desired temperature as quickly as some other griddles, but it does have variable heat settings and a lid to trap heat and cook quicker.
For a griddle that heats up faster, has a much smoother surface, and a drain hole – which the Zojirushi, unfortunately, lacks – we’d recommend the BELLA Electric Griddle.
While the temperature consistency isn’t as even as our previous recommendation, the thinner plate allows faster preheating and is lighter weight while still being durable. Not to mention, the design of the BELLA electric griddle is quite pleasing to the eye.
A ceramic electric griddle is an impressive kitchen item to have in your possession. You don’t want a griddle that’s going to give you poor performance, so before you scramble somewhere else to look for one, take a moment to consider the ceramic electric griddles on our list seriously