Can you figure this out, you and your friends are in the backyard sitting at the tables, while others are enjoying the cold drinks and soaking up the sunshine? You have just decided to bring together your closest friends and family members to have a good time.
No pressure or anything, however, you are in charge of providing your guests with meals. Do you have enough skills to ensure your guest don’t go home hungry? More importantly, do you have the appropriate tools to prepare the tastiest and yummiest burgers and hotdogs?
If your response to the first question was a solid answer, but you are not sure about the second question, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve tested and tried different kettle grills to help you get a response to the second question.
But before proceeding with these top-rated kettle reviews, ensure you first eat something; otherwise, you may find it hard to concentrate on the mouth-watering flavors you will meet along the way. Without further ado, let’s jump to the best kettle grills for killer barbecue parties and worth your money.
Top Kettle Grills:
1. Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 22 Inch
We are opening our TOP kettle grills with people’s favorite – Weber, a reputable name when listing barbecue tools and always a priority grill for anyone looking for a reliable charcoal grill.
With a 363 square inch cooking space, Weber’s original kettle is ideal for doing perfect BBQ for small to medium groups of people.
Even though its round shape may not appeal from an aesthetic point of view, it is ideal for distributing heat evenly. The handles on this Weber charcoal grill are made of glass, which doesn’t heat quickly, so you will barely need gloves.
It’s a fantastic kettle grill. Talking of its weight! You will be surprised by how light this grill is, which makes it portable. It is also cost-friendly, and many people can afford it. What’s even better is its grilling space.
You can also add charcoal without even taking the grill off through the two openings on the sides. It is easy to set up – with less than 30 minutes, it can be ready if you correctly follow the manual guide.
- Easy to clean after use, thanks to the one-touch system.
- It is versatile. You can perfectly cook a variety of meals from roasting brisket to a baking dough.
- With a durable wheel, it can be easily moved around the yard without much hassle.
- Precision heat control. You can adjust the temperatures without lifting the lid, by opening or closing the dampers.
- The charcoal grate width is very large to hold small charcoal bits; as a result, they go straight down.
2. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Kettleman Charcoal Grill
The Char-broil Kettleman grill enables users to grill their meals evenly with greater temperature control, through the use of infrared technology. It has a 360 square inches cooking area that is more than enough for the average family size. The grates and cooking space are coasted with porcelain making them resistant to rust.
The vents on the lid can be adjusted to alter the cooking temperatures. Besides, the charcoal grate can be raised up or down to bring heat closer or further to the food, depending on how you want it to be. The two wheels offer smooth mobility and a chrome-plated wire at the bottom for stability and convenience.
The grill gets hotter, faster than any other grill out there. They aren’t lying when they say it saves you charcoal. The instruction is easy to comprehend, and the parts are well labeled, making them easy to assemble. The only downside with this grill is that it has only one handle placed on the lid.
- It has a large vent on top of the lid that can be adjusted to regulate the cooking temperature.
- It is easy to empty the ash and clean it. The ash pan is perfectly placed on the bottom of the grill to hold and retain ash.
- The rust-resistant cooking grate prevents the foods from falling through, prevents flare-ups, and helps distribute heat evenly.
- The lid-mounted temperature gauge helps keep track of the inside temperature.
- It doesn’t come with a built-in table; therefore, you will need extra space to place your table.
- The distance between the coal rack and the cooking rack is very close.
3. Kingsford Charcoal Kettle Grill
Here we have another stainless grill, but this time from Kingsford. With its unique design, believed to have originated from China, this grill has made it through across the globe thanks, partially, to its looks but also to the fantastic features it offers.
Its unique design is perfect for distributing heat evenly and 354 sq. inches of the cooking area is enough for small to medium groups of people. This grill is very sturdy even though it comes with two wheels making it portable.
Kingsford is a great grill that will give you a good charcoal barbecue. It is designed with consumers’ needs in mind. The design ensures the heat is evenly spread. It is easy to assemble – roughly one person can take less than 45 minutes to put all parts together.
The user manual is very straightforward and understandable. All in all, you can never get a better grill at a better price if not Kingsford OGD20O1901 KF.
- The grill is easy to assemble and looks good and sturdy.
- It has a bottom rack that provides space for extra storage.
- Has two durable wheels, which makes it easy to move it from one area to another.
- It has an air vent that plays a significant role in regulating temperature.
- Some consumers complain about its small height; however, its primary purpose is not the size, but cooking capacity.
4. Napoleon Grills Charcoal Kettle Grill
Many grilling enthusiasts will prefer cooking with charcoal, which is the only natural infrared grilling fuel. Although it has a compact design, which for the better side saves space, the cooking area is big enough to feed two dozen people, grilling up to 24 hamburgers all at once.
As a multipurpose griller, you can roast, smoke, or grill your favorite meal with ease. The rust-resistant iron cooking grids are hinged for smooth opening and closing when adding coal or wood chips & chunks.
With strong, durable wheels, you can move this grill anywhere with ease, even on rough terrain. Grilling as a pro has never been easier with a charcoal grill like Napoleon’s pro griller.
Without any doubt or favor, this is a high-quality charcoal grill. It is sturdy, giving you a comfortable experience when roasting large pieces of meat. It is shipped with all accessories intact.
By following the user’s instructions, you can quickly assemble all parts in less than 45 minutes. This grill is the real deal if you want delicious meals.
- The lid is attached to the bowl through hinges that move the lid up and down, allowing access to the whole grill, while protecting your hands from the heat.
- The porcelain bowl is heavy and sturdy; therefore, it cannot be moved easily by anything.
- It has a bottom rack that provides extra storage space.
- The cooking area is approximately 365 square inches, which is large enough for preparing up to 23 hamburgers.
- It has 2 wheels that make the mobility of this grill possible.
- Spring clips that hold the ash bowl are somehow challenging to attach.
- The lid does not securely attach.
5. MAGMA Products, Party Size Marine Kettle Gas Grill
Made of 100% mirror stainless steel, the Magma kettle gas grill is safe, and durable, and will give you the performance that matches marine grilling needs. The uniqueness of this grill lies in its usability.
The radiant plates responsible for heat distribution are highly efficient in spreading the temperature evenly. It heats very fast, making it an excellent tool for searing steaks, and grilling burgers, and hotdogs.
The turbo venturi tube allows you to adjust the control valve in wherever direction you find convenient. This makes it possible to change the fuel canister while still grilling safely. The grill can be quickly disassembled for easier cleaning. If you are looking for the best gas kettle BBQ for the boat, then this is what you need.
My favorite aspect of this grill is the tight hinges, which make the cover not slut when closing. It is easy to assemble all parts by following the manual guide. The lid is well attached to the grill.
Due to its ability to produce lower heat, this griller becomes the perfect tool for roasting pork and chicken without overcooking them. The only drawback with this tool is that it is made of steel, which gets hot quickly. It is also not cheap!
- It has a tight hinge between the lid and the bowel that prevents the cover from slating hard when closing.
- The turbo venturi valve, together with the newly designed burner eliminates blow-outs.
- Because it’s made of stainless steel, it is therefore easy to clean.
- It has high-tech radiant plates that ensure heat is uniformly distributed.
- It is shipped with accessories that are easy to mount and customize to a boat.
- The cooking area is small and can only cook for two people.
- The lid also drips the grease from it because it’s bigger than the bottom.
6. Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill
Do you want a grill that you can bring to the next adventure? If so, you should then consider the Weber jumbo joe charcoal grill. Like large grills, this 18-inch grill has a porcelain-coated bowl and lid, as well as rust-resistant grates and an ash catcher under the bowl.
This portable kettle barbecue grill can cook up to seven hamburgers at once, and the lid’s glass-reinforced nylon handle stays cool.
If you are looking for a portable kettle barbecue, don’t waste your time researching because Weber jumbo joe will serve all your needs. You can never be disappointed by this grill. It is easy to assemble as well as clean.
It is shipped with all the necessary accessories; therefore, you won’t spend extra money purchasing tools. Although it is not the lightest BBQ, it is easy to handle and very sturdy grill. Only one drawback, the vents get a little hot.
- It is portable
- Can be assembled very fast – an average of 15 minutes.
- It is cost effective
- It lacks side handles
- There is not much airflow when the lid is closed
7. Cuisinart CCG190 Portable Charcoal Grill
The Cuisinart portable charcoal grill is here to offer a solution to all your traveling grilling necessities. This compact grill is light in weight and can be transported easily but still offers 150 sq. inches of cooking area – suitable for small to medium families.
The bowl and lid are coated with enamel materials, giving them the strength to withstand harsh grilling conditions. For better convenience, the top is secure with three powerful locks, and the ash catcher can be easily accessed making cleaning easy.
The grill is pretty easy to assemble. It takes less than 10 minutes to assemble. The instructions are obvious and easy to understand.
With all that said, one of the downsides of this grill is that the lid gets too hot for a person to handle without the use of insulated gloves. Overall, Cuisinart is the right charcoal grill that is affordable to almost everyone in need of a portable grill.
- It is easy to set up. By just following the instructions, you can assemble it in less than 10 minutes.
- It is compact, which makes it very portable.
- Has excellent heat retention and control.
- It has three lock lids for secure and safe transport.
- It features enamel coated firebox and ash catcher that is easy to clean and maintain.
- Lacks side handles.
- The grip is flimsy
8. Leuwd Kettle Charcoal Grill with Plated Steel Grates
For a no-frills, classic grilling experience, the Qomotop charcoal grill is a perfect choice. This Leuwd charcoal grill features a rust-resistant lid and bowl that can withstand up to 800C high temperatures. With a built-in thermometer and dampers on the lid, you can get full control of internal heat.
The plated steel cooking grates with hinges allow you to reload charcoal while still cooking, and an angled lid hook enables you to hang the top of the grill, keeping it off the ground.
After cooking, the Leuwd charcoal grill has a one-touch cleaning system that lets you sweep the debris and ash to the ashtray for ready disposal.
The grill is pretty easy to install. It also has a big cooking area and comes with accessories such as a rack for burns etc. The built-in thermometer helps control the internal temperature. For anybody who wants the best inexpensive charcoal grill, then this is a perfect choice.
- It features an in-built thermometer and dampers that works like a miracle in controlling internal temperature.
- With a one-touch cleaning system, the cleaning and maintenance process becomes effortless.
- It has two durable wheels that enhance its mobility.
- The lid is thick and steel coated, which makes it heat and rust-resistant.
- The instructions are not well-written, which makes them hard to understand.
Factors to Consider
When thinking of the size of the grill to buy, it is crucial to consider the number of people you will be serving regularly and the cooking space available.
Don’t forget that smaller grills are portable; therefore, find out if you will be moving your grill across the yard or for hiking parties.
On the other hand, heavier grills are stressful when transporting them.
Some grills come with unique features, which are aimed to make them more efficient in how they work. Certain brands will have special tools such as integrated thermometers, side tables, and a one-touch cleaning system.
So, weigh your needs and select the grill with special features that will meet your needs. You can utilize kettle grill reviews on different sites to understand the experiences people have had with those grills.
Grills are made with different materials ranging from enamel steel, and ceramic to stainless steel, and each material has its pros and cons. And because grills are prone to weather damage, it is paramount to pick a grill made of durable material. However, no choice is wrong; it all depends on how you need to use your grill.
Both charcoal and gas have their advantage and disadvantage.
For instance, charcoal is easy to access almost in every grocery store, unlike gasoline, which saves you time and resources you’d have spent looking for it.
On the other hand, gas is convenient once you have it – you just turn the knob to start the fire, and there is no waiting like with coal before you begin cooking.
Most of the grills discussed above are very durable since they are made of high-quality materials. If you want a grill that will stand the test of time, iron cast or cast aluminum grills will prove you right on this. Ceramic grills are also suitable, as they deal with dilatation a lot better, but they can break easily.
Even though all enthusiast grillers are motivated by the quality of the grill, it is also necessary to consider the price. There is a delicate balance between features, portability, and cost. On this, we advise you to identify your needs, list different grills that are closer to what you want, and then lastly compare the prices.
How can I buy the best BBQ?The priority to consider is price. So start with a rough estimate of your budget. Then narrow it down to fuel usage. Decide if you want charcoal, gas, or electric gas.
Should I cover my kettle grill?Yes, covering your grill is one way of keeping it clean and free from things like water, dust, pollen, or unwanted birds.
How to clean a kettle grill?As mentioned above, cleaning is a necessary process. Most grills come with a dedicated cleaning system, such as a one-touch cleaning system that makes cleaning ash and debris an easy task. On the surfaces, you can use a wire brush and finish the cleaning operation by drying the surfaces with a mildly wet cloth.
In this guide, we’ve reviewed some of the best kettle grills for money, as well as a few tips on how they are used. Grilled foods have unique tastes and textures that can’t be produced with any other cooking style.
Of all the above grills, we believe the Weber Jumbo Joe charcoal grill is leading in our top list. What makes us think you shouldn’t lack this grill is because of its compact size. This makes it portable. Without any doubt, this grill is among the best small charcoal bbq. The cost of this grill is friendly, making it affordable to any serious griller.
Finally, we recommend you take your time and analyze your needs before you make a purchase. When you, your family, and your friends enjoy the delicious smoked meat you made, you will feel the impact of your efforts.