Make memories with friends and family over a great meal. The best outdoor gas griddle makes this easy because you can cook while spending time with them. We have compiled a list of the best griddles so that you can compare them to find the best one for your needs.
We performed extensive research to dig in deep regarding the features and how they work. This allowed us to determine which are the best. Now, it is time to take a look at the list.
Top Outdoor Gas Griddles Reviews
1. Cuisinart Gourmet Gas Griddle
The Cuisinart Gourmet Gas Griddle is one of the best outdoor griddles because it has a sizable cooking surface so that there is enough room to prepare a small meal on this griddle. There are two burners so that you can cook two different types of food that require different temperatures at the same time.
The surface is made from cold rolled steel that is extra thick. This helps to ensure that it maintains the right temperature and that the temperature is even across the surface of the grill.
Because of this, you will not have to worry about your foods getting cold and hot spots. To get the right temperature on this grill, you only need to twist the burner knobs.
This makes it easy to get a precise temperature. You can also make adjustments when you are actively cooking different foods.
Since you can connect this grill to a 20-pound propane tank, you have enough fuel to use the grill several times before you need to worry about replacing the propane tank. The hose that connects the tank is built into the grill so that it is easy to connect and disconnect the propane supply.
- There are two burners so that you can cook foods at different temperatures
- It has 285 square inches of cooking space so that you can prepare small meals
- Getting the right temperature is easy
- You can assemble it quickly
- This grill is ideal for traveling
- The lid’s latch may melt with extended use
2. Blackstone Restaurant Outdoor Grade Griddle
The Blackstone Restaurant Grade Griddle is a very large outdoor griddle, making it one of the best outdoor griddles. You can use it to prepare very large amounts of food to accommodate an entire outdoor gathering for family and friends. Since there are four burners, you can cook several food types at once on different areas of the griddle surface.
There are caster wheels on the legs of the griddle. These make it easier to push it around so that you can get it into the exact location that you need. Two of them have locks so that the griddle remains in place for safety when you are using it.
To adjust the burner temperature, simply turn the knobs to the exact temperature that you need. They are made from stainless steel to ensure that they are durable and will last for a long time.
The surface on this griddle is made from rolled steel that is extra thick. Because of this, the griddle has excellent heat distribution and retention. Your foods will come out exactly as you intend them to when you use this griddle.
- With 720 square inches of cooking space, you can create large amounts of food at the same time
- There are four burners so that you can cook four different foods at different temperatures
- You can fit a lot of food on this griddle
- It is easy to clean
- There is a grease trap to ensure neater cooking
- The top of the griddle may rust in storage
3. Blackstone Tabletop Grill
The Blackstone Tabletop Grill is portable and easy to carry around with you, making it one of the best griddles for an outdoor gas grill. You can connect it to one-pound propane tanks, so it is easy to get the fuel that you need to prepare a wide variety of foods.
When you are cooking, there is a grease trap that works to collect all of the greases that comes out of the food. This ensures that cooking with this griddle is as clean as possible.
When you are finished using it, you can easily empty the grease trap so that it is clean and ready for the next cooking session. Since this griddle is compact, you can easily take it with you in a vehicle for things like camping trips. It is easy to clean.
You just need a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe it down after you are finished using it. The burner has an H-shape so that the heat is evenly distributed when you are using this griddle.
Its surface is made from heavy-duty materials so that it remains in good condition even when you use it frequently. When you turn it on, it heats up fast so that you are not waiting to start cooking.
- There are 260 square inches of cooking space, allowing you to prepare a small meal at once
- The one burner ensures that the heat distribution is even throughout the cooking process
- This griddle is easy to clean
- It is very portable
- The heat level remains even when you are cooking
- The regulator may fail prematurely
4. Blackstone Flat Top Outdoor Gas Griddle
The Blackstone Flat Top Gas Griddle lets you prepare large meals due to its big cooktop. The griddle is restaurant quality so that you can be confident that your foods will come out exactly as you intend them to. It is a good choice whether you are making dinner or breakfast.
You can use this grill almost right away. The assembly is quick and easy so you are not waiting long to get it ready. Once you want to start cooking, there is a push button that gets the griddle going as soon as you push it.
This is a larger griddle, but it is easy to move around. There are two wheels on one side of the griddle so that you can push it exactly where you need it to be.
The legs fold up so that you can also transport it if you want to take it to places like a campsite. The heating zones are fully controllable. Its burners are made from stainless steel, ensuring a high level of durability over time.
- There are two burners so that you can prepare different foods at the same time
- Use the 470 square inches of cooking space to prepare a full meal at once
- It is easy to put this griddle together
- This grill is made from durable materials
- The grease trap helps to keep this griddle clean when you are using it
- Parts of the outdoor cooking griddle may start to rust prematurely
5. Blackstone Portable Outdoor Gas Griddle
The Blackstone Portable Gas Griddle is an outdoor grill and griddle combo that has two different types of burners. The first is an H-shaped burner that uses a tube as its heating element. It operates on 15,000 BTUs.
There is also a cast iron burner that functions at 20,000 BTUs. This makes it easy to choose the burner that will produce the right level of heat for the foods that you are cooking.
Since this burner is compact, it is easy to transport. Take it with you when you are tailgating, or when you want to enjoy a good meal at your campsite. The legs on this griddle fold up to make moving it around even easier.
You can use both of the burners at the same time so that you can easily customize your cooking experience. The open burner can accommodate pots and pans of varying sizes so that you can prepare the amount of food that you need.
Its other burner offers a flat cooking surface for things like meats and other proteins. When you are finished cooking, it is easy to clean up. Use a damp paper towel or cloth to wipe it down so that it is always ready for the next cooking session.
- Use the two open burners to prepare different foods simultaneously
- With 512 square inches of cooking space, there is a lot of room to prepare a variety of foods
- The legs are adjustable
- There are two different burner types
- It is made from durable materials
- It may not function as well in cold temperatures
6. Blackstone Outdoor Gas Griddle Station
The Blackstone Outdoor Gas Griddle Station is a very large griddle that you can use to cook just about any type of food. In addition to the cooking surface, there are two side shelves that provide plenty of space to get your food ready to put on the grill. Use the bottom shelf to keep all of your supplies within reach when you are using the grill.
This griddle can be used in place of a traditional grill. All you need is a propane tank that is easy to connect to power this griddle.
It starts fast and easy so that you can get the heat going quickly. The temperature is very easy to control so that you are always cooking at the heat level that you need.
Move this grill around with ease. There are caster wheels that make it simple to push this grill into place. Once you are finished cooking, all you have to do is use a little water to wipe down the cooktop.
- Take advantage of the 720 square inches of cooking space to prepare large meals
- You can control all four of the burners independently so that you can use the proper temperature for all foods
- The grease drain keeps the griddle cleaner when you are using it
- Assembly is easy and fast
- This grill has a very large cooking surface
- Parts of the griddle may start to rust prematurely
7. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle
The Royal Gourmet Tabletop Grill is a portable camping griddle that is easy to move around due to its compact size. You can set it on a small table or even on the ground, making it very easy to use.
Since there are two burners, it is easy to prepare a full meal at once. Use this griddle for breakfast, dinner, or even snacks due to its versatility. Under the cooktop is a small grease cup. This helps to keep the grill cleaner when you are using it.
It also simplifies the cleaning process when you are done preparing a meal. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth to keep it clean and ready for use.
It is easy to connect this griddle to a propane tank due to the easy-to-access regulator. This griddle uses one-pound tanks that are easy to take with you and move around.
- Make use of the two burners to cook different foods at different temperatures
- There are 238 square inches of cooking space to cook for several people at the same time
- It heats up fast
- This griddle ensures even cooking temperatures
- You can clean it up within minutes
- The regulator may require replacement prematurely
8. Camp Chef Flat Top Outdoor Gas Grill
The Camp Chef Flat Top Grill has a lot of space so that you can cook big meals fast. There are two shelves on the side of the grill that you can use to store or prepare foods that you use this griddle for.
The ignition system does not require any matches so you can get the griddle going within seconds. When you put foods onto the griddle, you do not have to worry about them sticking.
There are griddle levelers and levelers on the legs to ensure a flat and even surface. Use the grease tray to keep this griddle clean during use.
When you want to move this griddle around, you can take advantage of the wheels. While this is a big griddle, it pushes very easily on a variety of surfaces due to the wheels.
- This griddle has 604 square inches of griddle space to cook for an entire outdoor party
- Use the four burners on this outdoor flat-top griddle for optimal temperature control for a variety of foods
- The cooktop is non-stick
- Use it for almost any type of food
- Cleanup is very easy
- The grease may not drain properly
9. Royal Gourmet Outdoor Gas Griddle
The Royal Gourmet Gas Griddle has a lot of space to cook entire meals very quickly. This large outdoor gas griddle uses strong materials so that it easily retains and distributes heat.
The burners put out a high level of heat so that you are cooking at the exact temperature that you need. Since the griddle plate is very thick, you do not have to worry about cold and hot spots in your food.
There is a control panel that allows you to easily maintain the right temperature. The griddle starts up fast and gets to the desired heat level almost right away. When you need to move the griddle, there are wheels that make this easy and fast.
Use the grease cup so that you can cook without making a mess. Once you are done preparing a meal, all you have to do is wipe down the surface of the griddle to clean it.
Don’t forget to season your new flat-top griddle. It’s a simple process that anyone is capable of tackling with the proper know-how.
- There are four burners so that you can make whole meals at the same time
- Since it has 792 square inches of cooking space, you always have plenty of room to spread food out
- Assembly is relatively easy
- You can move this griddle around with ease
- The cook top retains heat very well
- The grease tray may not fit properly
10. Camp Chef Flat Top Outdoor Gas Grill
The Camp Chef Flat Top Grill is easy to use and has a lot of cooking space. When you are preparing a meal, use the two side shelves to complete prep work or to hold your food after it is done cooking.
There are two shelves below the grilling surface that are ideal for your cooking supplies. The propane tank attaches to the side of the grill so that it is always out of the way when you are using this griddle.
You can connect a propane tank up to 20 pounds so that you can cook for a long time before needing to replace it. The ignition is automatic. This means that once you start the grill, it comes on right away.
Throughout the cooking process, all of the burners will maintain the exact level of heat that you set the burners to.
You also do not have to worry about cold and hot spots since the surface of this griddle ensures optimal heat retention. After you are done using this grill, it is easy to clean. Simply wipe the surface and it is ready for the next use.
- Prepare big meals on the 604 square inches of cooking space
- Use all four burners for optimal control over what you are cooking
- You can cook almost any food on this griddle
- It is easy to clean
- Move it around with ease since it has two wheels
- The flat top may warp with extended use
Factors to Consider
When you are reading different outdoor griddle reviews, it is important to know what to look for so that you can properly evaluate each griddle. Learning more about the important factors to consider will help to ensure that you make the best decision.
You want to ensure that the cooktop has enough space to prepare the size of the meals that you want to make. Look at the square inches of cooking space.
If you plan to cook for one or two people, about 200 square inches is enough. However, if you want to prepare large meals, you want to look for griddles that are 500 square inches or larger.
Stainless steel and cast iron are among the most popular materials for griddles. These materials are durable and can stand up to high heat and frequent use.
You can find the materials that are used in the specifications so that you can ensure that your griddle will be durable.
Ideally, you want the materials on the cooktop to be as thick as possible. This will ensure that the heat distributes well. It also makes sure that you get optimal heat retention when you are using the griddle so that your foods cook evenly.
If you are only cooking small foods on the griddle, one burner is enough. However, if you want to make several foods at the same time, it is best to have at least two burners.
You can use each burner at a different temperature so that you can cook foods exactly to the proper temperature specifications.
Some griddles will have different burner types. If you plan on using your griddle frequently, you might consider one with a flat-top burner and one with an open burner.
If you are going to be using your griddle at home, if it is larger, you might consider one that has wheels. This will make it easy to move around your property whenever you need to. For griddles you want to transport, consider one that is more compact so that it fits into your vehicle.
Now you know what to consider when it comes to finding the best outdoor gas griddle. At the top of the list is the Cuisinart Gourmet Gas Griddle. This griddle is made from high-quality steel that remains durable even with long-term use. The knobs make it easy to get the exact temperature that you need when you are cooking.
It has two burners so that you can prepare two different foods simultaneously. With 285 square inches of cooking surface, there is always room for a variety of different foods. It is easy to heat up and the hose is built into it that will accommodate a 20-pound propane tank.
All you have to do now is decide which of these gas griddles meets your needs. Once you have it, you will be able to quickly prepare a variety of meals at your next cookout