Table of Contents Hide
- Best Rib Racks for Smokers:
- 1. Sorbus Non-Stick Rib Rack – Porcelain Coated Steel Roasting Stand
- 2. Weber 6605 Original Rib Rack for Grilling
- 3. SOLIGT Extra Long 304 Stainless Steel Rib Rack
- 4. Artestia 11.5″ or 14″ BBQ Grill Non-Stick Rib Rack
- 5. Charcoal Companion Non-Stick Reversible Roasting / Rib Rack
- 6. Rib Racks for Smoking – BBQ Rib Rack for Gas Smoker or Charcoal Grill
- 7. Outset Non-Stick Reversible Roast and Rib Rack
- 8. Rösle Stainless Steel 17-inch Large Barbeque Rib/Roast Rack
- 9. Camp Chef Store Rib Rack
- 10. Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Nonstick Ultimate Rib Rack
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Rib Racks for Smokers
- Making The Decision
Smoking ribs in your own backyard has never been easier with newer versions of personal smokers being released regularly. However, these smokers are not always meant for large quantities of meat. This is where rib racks come in especially handy. Rib racks allow you to stand the meat on its side, allowing for more surface area in the smoker.
Our list of the best rib racks for smokers will provide you with all the information you need to pick a rib rack that will work for your needs, whether you’re cooking for one or planning to feed an entire party.
Best Rib Racks for Smokers:
1. Sorbus Non-Stick Rib Rack – Porcelain Coated Steel Roasting StandView at Amazon
First on our list of the best rib rack for smokers is Sorbus. This rack holds up to four rib racks to smoke simultaneously, allowing you to cook enough meat for a small party.
This simple rack ensures that all your ribs are smoked evenly. Because this rib rack is less than twelve inches wide so it can fit in most small grills and smokers, allowing you to cook four racks of ribs at one time in the same smoker.
Barbecue masters say that this is a tremendous basic rack to have in your kitchen because it does not take up much room in your cupboards and still allows you to cook for a party when the need arises.
- This rib rack is made from steel with a ceramic non-stick coating to ensure that your ribs cook evenly and are easily removed from the rack.
- You can have this standard rib rack in your kitchen for just around $20.
- This is a smaller version of a rib rack since you can only cook four racks of ribs at a time.
2. Weber 6605 Original Rib Rack for GrillingView at Amazon
This Weber rib rack is the best rib rack for raising your ribs off of your grill grates. Because this model is dishwasher safe, cleanup has never been easier.
This stainless steel rack can hold up to five racks of ribs at a time, so your party never runs out of food. The rack fits in charcoal grills and smokers that are 18 inches and larger. It is recommended that this rack be hand-washed, though it comes with a two-year warranty should anything happen to it.
People who use this rib rack say that it works perfectly in charcoal grills as well as smokers. Many say that they use this rack for cooking things other than ribs as well.
- This stainless steel rack holds up to five racks of ribs or other foods depending on what you are cooking.
- This rib rack is affordable for under $20.
- The rack comes with a two-year warranty should anything malfunction with the rack.
- This rack is best washed by hand and should not be put through a dishwasher.
3. SOLIGT Extra Long 304 Stainless Steel Rib RackView at Amazon
This long BBQ rib rack is built to carry three full racks of ribs for barbecuing to smoking. The basic stainless-steel design makes cleaning easy.
Because this rib rack is extra large, it is perfect for cooking full racks of ribs with ease. The stainless steel design means that you can’t cook your ribs without worrying if any non-stick coating will chip off into your food.
People who use this rack appreciate that it can support multiple full racks of ribs for nearly any size gathering. They appreciate the basic stainless-steel construction and say that it is easy to clean.
- Built-in handles let you lift the ribs from the cooker to the table in seconds.
- This rib rack comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or you will get your money back.
- For its size, this smoker is a bit more expensive at around $20.
- Because this rack is extra-large it may not fit in certain smaller grills. Be sure to check your smoker’s dimensions before purchasing this rack.
4. Artestia 11.5″ or 14″ BBQ Grill Non-Stick Rib RackView at Amazon
Easily smoke four racks of ribs at the same time with this standard non-stick rib rack. This rack comes in two different sizes, depending on your preference and your grill size.
This rack is made of heavy gauge steel with a non-stick coating, which is safe for the oven and grill. This rib rack is also dishwasher safe to make cleaning up a breeze.
Customers say that this rib rack is very well made, and the non-stick coating makes it easy to clean. They appreciate the multiple sizes available to choose from, depending on your grill size and preference.
- Convenient carrying handles allow for easy transportation from barbecue to table.
- This rib rack is affordable for less than $15.
- The non-stick coating makes clean-up easy and this rib rack is dishwasher safe.
- There is a non-stick coating covering this rib rack so you may want to take caution that the coating does not fleck off into your food.
- The 11.5″ size may fit all rib sizes, but it can be a tight fit occasionally.
5. Charcoal Companion Non-Stick Reversible Roasting / Rib RackView at Amazon
This is a versatile combination rib rack and roasting rack that will work for many occasions. Whether you want to smoke ribs or an entire roast, this reversible rack gives you the option to do both.
The Charcoal Companion rib rack can hold massive cuts of meat and even whole chickens for slow roasting and smoking. When flipped to the other side, the rib rack can hold up to six racks of ribs to feed even large parties and gatherings.
Consumers love this rib rack for its versatility and ease of use. They say that cleanup is easy, and many customers have even purchased a second rib rack to double their portions.
- This rib rack is reversible, so you can cook up to six racks of ribs on one side, or fit an entire chicken on the other side.
- Easy-carry handles let you transport your barbecue from grill to table.
- This rib rack is more expensive than others on this list, but the fact that it is reversible and multi-use makes up for the higher price.
6. Rib Racks for Smoking – BBQ Rib Rack for Gas Smoker or Charcoal GrillView at Amazon
Another great rib rack for smokers is this thick gauge steel non-stick coated rack that can help you feed a gathering of nearly any size.
This rack holds up to five racks of ribs simultaneously. It can hold everything from baby back ribs to jumbo beef ribs without tipping over. The non-stick coating is dishwasher safe, making cleanup easy, and the convenient carrying handles allow for effortless transport.
People love this roaster because it is easy to use and even easier to clean. They say that it is the best for use with smaller smokers like the Green Egg and the handles make carrying your food easy.
- The non-stick surface is dishwasher friendly so you don’t have to worry about cleaning up at all.
- The handles make carrying your food effortless.
- This rack has a wide base so you never have to worry about your food tipping over while cooking.
- This is a more expensive rib rack for around $20.
7. Outset Non-Stick Reversible Roast and Rib RackView at Amazon
This great BBQ grill rack is another reversible option on our list. This rack is also coated with a non-stick surface, so you won’t lose any of your rib’s bark by sticking to the rack.
Because this rib rack is reversible, you can stack ribs to cook on one side or flip the rack over to hold roasts or poultry. The handles on the sides allow for easy carrying and work regardless of which side of the rack you are using.
Barbecue chefs love this rib rack for its versatility. They say that the size works with many barbecues and smokers, and they appreciate that it can be used for more than just cooking ribs.
- Because this rib rack is reversible you can also use it to smoke roasts as well as poultry.
- For under $20, this reversible rib rack is versatile and affordable.
- Because of the non-stick coating, you want to be cautious that non of the material flecks off into your food.
8. Rösle Stainless Steel 17-inch Large Barbeque Rib/Roast RackView at Amazon
The sturdy design of this rib rack lets you smoke up to six racks of ribs on one side and up to an entire turkey to roast when flipped upside down.
This stainless steel rack is reinforced with plated steel to ensure that you can carry large quantities of meat without worry. Rösle offers a lifetime warranty with this rib rack, so you know you are getting a product that will last.
Grill masters love this rib rack for its durable design. They say that it is easy to transport large quantities of food with this rack and it is easy to clean.
- This rack is reversible and can hold even an entire turkey while still having handles on both sides for transportation.
- Rösle offers a lifetime warranty on all their products, so you can be sure that you are getting the best service with a long-lasting product.
- This is one of the most expensive rib racks on our list at around $40.
- Because there is no non-stick coating on this rack, it is best hand-washed and dried thoroughly before storing to prolong its life.
9. Camp Chef Store Rib RackView at Amazon
This stainless-steel rib rack can hold up to six racks of ribs with built-in handles on the sides for transporting your feast.
This rib rack boasts built-in potato skewers to bake potatoes in your barbecue right along with the ribs. With this rack, you can skewer up to seven potatoes for baking to add as a side to your smoked meats.
Customers appreciate how affordable this rib rack is. They say it is the best beginner rack for the price as well as the features. The handles and potato skewers are added features that you don’t usually see at a price point this low.
- This rib rack is extremely affordable at just around $10.
- Included handles and potato skewers allow you to cook an entire meal for a gathering in one sitting.
- This rack is not dishwasher safe and must be hand-washed to maintain its longevity.
10. Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Nonstick Ultimate Rib RackView at Amazon
This rib rack for your grill holds up to four racks of ribs vertically so you can evenly cook enough for a small gathering.
The black, non-stick surface of this metal rack is easy to hand wash, and the handles make carrying the rack in and out of your barbecue easy. This rack raises your meat higher off the grill, which allows excess fat to drain away.
Customers appreciate that this rack can fit everything from baby back ribs to large beef ribs with ease. They like that they can use the built-in handles to carry the ribs right from the barbecue to the table.
- The non-stick surface is rustproof and should be washed by hand.
- Carrying handles allow you to easily remove the rib rack from your barbecue when it’s time to eat.
- This is a more expensive rib rack, coming in at around $25.
- The rib rack can rust if run through a dishwasher, so be sure to hand wash this rack and dry it before storing it away.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Rib Racks for Smokers
When deciding which rib rack to buy, you want to be sure you are making the best decision for your needs. Here are some essential factors to consider when finding the best rib rack for smokers.
This is one of the most important factors you should consider when finding the best rib rack.
Be sure to measure your barbecue or smoker’s inside dimensions before so you can find a rack that is sure to fit in your device.
Any rack on this list will be a great addition to your outdoor cooking, but if you buy a rack that will not fit in your smoker, you will not be able to use it.
Many racks on this list have additional features like transportation handles or reversibility to cook roasts and poultry as well as ribs. If you only intend to use the rack for ribs, anyone on the list would work perfectly.
If you would like the versatility of smoking roasts and barbecuing whole birds, be sure you go with a reversible rib rack.
Every rack on this list is made of high-grade stainless steel and will be durable enough to hold multiple racks of ribs.
Some racks come with non-stick coating, making the racks easier to clean, though you must be sure to thoroughly check the rack for any chips in the non-stick coating each time you use it.
We have racks on this list ranging from ten dollars to nearly forty dollars. Decide what other features are most important to you and adjust your budget accordingly.
Making The Decision
Of course, any of the racks on our list would make the best rib racks for smokers, though some features may appeal to you more than others. After you decide which factors are most important to you, you will be able to pick the rib rack that best suits your needs.
Our favorite rib rack is the Stainless Steel 17-inch Barbeque Rib/Roast Rack by Rösle. This durable rib rack is built to last, it is reversible and comes with a lifetime warranty. Of course, if you’re looking for a less expensive option, the Outset Non-Stick Reversible Roast and Rib Rack offers similar features with the added bonus of a non-stick surface.
Regardless of which features are most important to you, there is a rib rack on this list to suit every need. Find the one that works best for you and start smoking ribs for your next gathering.