Is your old cookware set showing its age? Do you need a new set that will deliver the best results on a ceramic cooktop?
The right cookware set can make all the difference when cooking a meal. When you use a set you love, not only will your foods turn out better, but you’ll enjoy cooking them. Read on for cookware sets for ceramic top stoves review. We’ll share our top six picks and why we think you’ll love them too.
Best Cookware Sets for Ceramic Top Stoves
1. GreenLife Soft Grip Healthy Ceramic Nonstick
The GreenLife Soft Grip Cookware Set comes with 16 different pieces, including seven pots and pans, a steamer basket, and a variety of tools. This electric stovetop pots and pans set features soft-grip Bakelite handles that will stay cool while you’re cooking to prevent an accidental burn.
The cookware pieces in this set feature a rivetless interior which makes them easier to clean than other models. While you can clean these in the dishes, you’ll find that you’ll be able to easily wipe the inside clean after cooking. The nonstick coating in these pots and pans is safe; it is derived from sand and does not include any harmful components such as lead, PFAS, or PFOA.
Customers love that there are a lot of attractive color options to choose from with this cookware set. Users have also shared that they are happy with how evenly the pots and pans in this set cook their food.
- 16-piece set includes 4-, 7-, and 9.5-inch frying pans, 1- and 2-quart saucepans with lids, 5-quart stockpot with lid, 2.5-quart sauté pans with lids, a 7-inch steamer, and four cooking utensils
- Nonstick coating is derived from safe and is not harmful
- Stay-cool handles
- Rivetless interior
- Dishwasher safe
- This set includes 16 pieces of cookware.
- The nonstick coating does not contain any harmful substances.
- There are no rivets inside the pans where food can get stuck.
- The ceramic coating may start to chip off after some time.
2. Gotham Steel 20 Piece Pots & Pans Set Complete Kitchen Cookware + Bakeware Set
The Gotham Steel Cookware + Bakeware set is one of the nonstick cookware for electric stoves. In addition to the 10 cookware pieces you’ll receive, this set also includes five bakeware pieces.
The pieces in this set have a Ti-Cerama coating which is designed to make sure your foods don’t stick when cooking or baking. The coating is also very durable and won’t scratch, even when metal utensils are used on it. The items in this set are heat-safe up to 500 degrees. You can also put everything in the dishwasher for quick and easy clean-up.
People who have purchased this set have shared how impressed they are with the nonstick coating. They like that foods don’t stick and how quick and easy it is to clean the pots and pans. Customers have also shared that they were impressed with how many cookware and bakeware pieces came with this set for the price.
- 20-piece set includes an 8.5-inch skillet, 10.25-inch frying pan with lid, 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 2.5- and 5-quart stockpots with lids, aluminum steamer insert, four-piece deep square pan, 9.5-inch shallow square pan, cookie sheet, 12-cup muffin pan, 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan, round cake pan
- Ti-Cerama coating
- Scratch-proof/metal utensil safe
- Oven safe to 500 degrees
- Dishwasher safe
- The items in this set are dishwasher safe.
- They are oven-safe to 500 degrees.
- You can use metal utensils with this set without worrying about them scratching the cookware.
- The handles may get hot when you’re cooking on the stovetop.
3. Ninja C39800 Foodi NeverStick Premium 12-Piece Cookware Set
The Ninja C39800 Foodi NeverStick Premium 12-Piece Cookware Set is another contender in the contest for cookware for ceramic glass cooktop. This is a 12-piece set that is made from aluminum to provide even heat distribution. The aluminum is an exclusive nonstick coating that makes the pots and pans stain-resistant, scratch-resistant, and very durable.
The items in this set are PTFE- and PFOA-free, so you won’t need to worry about harmful chemicals leeching into the foods you are cooking. WearEver protects your purchase with a limited lifetime warranty.
Customers who love this set point out that it is very important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for caring for and cooking with the cookware. They say if you do this, your cookware will continue to look nice and perform as you want it to. Customers have also shared that the items in this set distribute heat evenly.
- FTFE-and PFOA-free
- Ceramic coating over heavy gauge aluminum
- Oven safe to 500°F
- Dishwasher safe
- No PTFE or PFOA was used when making this set
- The ceramic coating is stain- and scratch-resistant.
- The pots and pans have a quality aluminum base for even heat distribution.
4. T-fal Professional Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
T-fal’s Professional Nonstick Cookware Set is the cookware for ceramic cooktop stoves. It is a 12-piece set that will provide you with all the basics you’ll need for nearly any recipe.
This set features T-fal’s heat mastery system which includes a long-lasting, high-quality non-stick coating, anti-warping properties, and can even heat base. These pieces also have a Thermo spot indicator on the base of the pan that will turn red to let you know when your cookware is preheated and ready to use.
Customers who have purchased this set are overwhelmingly pleased with their decision to do so. They love that they were able to purchase a high-quality product for a reasonable price. Customers also shared that this set is easy to clean and that they love that the pots and pans are easily stackable to take up less storage space.
- 12-piece set includes an 8-inch frying pan, a 10.25-inch frying pan, one egg wonder frying pan, a 2-quart saucepan with lid, a 3-quart saucepan with lid, a 5-quart Dutch oven with lid, 2-quart steamer insert, 2 nylon tools
- Toxin-free nonstick coating
- Titanium-reinforced nonstick interior
- Vented lids
- Riveted handles
- Heat mastery system
- Thermo spot indicator
- Oven safe to 400 degrees
- Dishwasher safe
- The pieces in this set are dishwasher safe.
- The pots and pans are oven-safe to 400 degrees, and the lids are oven-safe to 350 degrees.
- The Thermo spot indicator will let you know when the cookware is preheated.
- The skillets do not come with a lid.
5. Cook N Home Ceramic coating cookware set
Another option you should consider when you’re looking for pots and pans for a ceramic cooktop is the Cook N Home Ceramic Cookware Set.
The cookware pieces in this set are made from heavy-duty aluminum that is designed to provide even heating and eliminate the hot spots you may find with other products. The aluminum has a nonstick coating to allow you to cook with less oil and make cleaning up quick and easy.
The vast majority of customers who have purchased this set are satisfied with their decision to do so. They find that this is a quality set for a very reasonable price. Users have shared how easy the pots and pans are to clean and that, when properly taken care of, they will continue to look new for a long time.
- 10-piece set includes 8- and 9.5-inch frying pans, 1- and 2-quart saucepans with lids, a 3-quart casserole with lid, and a 5-quart Dutch oven with lid
- Thick gauge aluminum construction for even heat conduction
- Ceramic nonstick coating
- Tempered glass lids
- Stay-cool handles
- Four color options are available (black, green, red, and turquoise)
- The handles will stay cool when you’re cooking on the stove.
- The nonstick coating will make this set easy to clean.
- You will be able to keep an eye on your food as it cooks with the glass lids.
- This set is not dishwasher safe.
6. Cuisinart Advantage Ceramica XT Cookware Set
Another set of good pots and pans for glass-top stoves is the Cuisinart Advantage Ceramica XT Cookware Set. This is an 11-piece cookware set that includes everything you’ll need for frying, sautéing, simmering, boiling, and more. The pots and pans in this set feature a titanium-reinforced ceramic nonstick coating.
The coating is PTFE-, PFOA-, and PFOS-free. This interior will ensure foods can easily be removed from the pot and that they won’t stick. They also have an aluminum core for even heat distribution. Additionally, the items in this set have riveted silicone hands, tempered glass lids, and tapered rims.
Individuals who have purchased this set have shared how easy cleanup is. They love that the pots and pans are very nonstick and that you can just wipe them out and be done with clean up. Users have also shared that they like the stay-cool handles on the items in this set.
- 11-piece set includes 1.5- and 2.5-saucepans with lids, a 3-quart sauté pan with lid, a 6-quart stockpot with lid, 8- and 10-inch skillets, and steamer insert.
- Titanium-reinforced ceramic interior
- Stay-cool riveted silicone handles
- Tapered rims for dripless pouring
- Tempered glass lids
- Oven safe to 350 degrees
- Fridge- and freezer-safe
- Lifetime warranty
- The nonstick interior makes it easy to remove foods without them sticking and to clean the cookware pieces.
- The rims are tapered so you don’t have to worry about the pans dripping when you pour something.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty to protect your purchase.
- This set is not dishwasher safe.
Factors to Consider
Before you select a cookware set for your ceramic top stove, it is important to know just what you’re looking for. Our buying guide below can help you identify the key features to consider when shopping for cookware to help you evaluate each of your options.
First, you will want to decide which type of cookware you are interested in. Today, there are many more options than just stainless steel or nonstick. Below you’ll find some of the most popular options to consider.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel cookware is very durable and will heat the foods you are cooking evenly. Most sets can safely be used in the oven, dishwasher, and boiler, and many will be able to go in the dishwasher. Sometimes, stainless steel can be more challenging to clean than other cookware options.
- Nonstick: The biggest benefit of nonstick is that your foods won’t stick to it and that it is easy to clean. You also won’t need to use as much oil when cooking. Most nonstick cookware can safely be put in the oven. A downside of nonstick cookware is that you generally can’t use metal utensils in it and can’t put it in the dishwasher most of the time.
- Enameled Cast Iron: Enameled cast iron is a good choice for tasks such as frying, browning, sautéing, or searing. These pans are also a good option if you cook a lot of recipes that start on the stove and then move to the oven to finish cooking. Enameled cast iron is dishwasher-safe as well. A downside of this type of cookware is that the pieces are petty heavy. The enamel coating can also chip.
- Uncoated Cast Iron: Cast iron is very durable and can safely be used at higher temperatures than nonstick pieces. It is naturally nonstick, so you won’t need to worry about your foods getting stuck in the pan when you’re cooking. However, cast iron can be more difficult to clean and will need to be seasoned for proper maintenance.
Another important thing to consider is how good the metal used for the cookware set is at conducting heat. Metals that are good heat conductors will respond more quickly when you adjust the heat of your burner. Copper, for example, is an example of a metal that is very good at conducting heat, whereas stainless steel is not as good.
However, just because a cookware set is stainless steel, you shouldn’t rule it out completely. Many stainless products are designed with more than one layer and may have a copper or aluminum core to help them conduct heat better.
Pieces Included in Each Set
You will also want to closely look at how many pieces/which styles are included in each set you are considering. Some sets will offer more pots and pans than others. If there is a specific size pot or pan you need for a dish you make, you may want to confirm that that size is included in the set you are interested in.
Thinking about the durability of the cookware you purchase is also important. A higher-quality set will likely last longer than a cheaper set. In general, stainless steel is more durable than most of the other cookware types. It is a strong metal that will resist scratching or chipping, unlike some of the other options.
In addition to using cookware pieces on the stove, many products are also oven-safe. This can be especially useful when you are making a recipe that directs you to start cooking something on the stove and then transfer it to the oven to finish cooking. If a cookware set is oven safe, you will also want to look for what temperature it is oven safe too.
Maintenance and Care
Thinking about how easy it will be to maintain your cookware is also important. Think about your preferences, cooking styles, and cleaning habits. Are you OK with a set that will need seasoning, and shining, or that can only be cleaned using non-abrasive materials? Or, are you only interested in something that can be tossed in the dishwasher to be cleaned?
Making sure you choose a cookware set that will fit into your routines can help ensure you’ll be happy with your purchase.
Price is another factor to consider. Cookware sets can range from under $100 to $500 or more. While you want to look for a quality set, you also need to set a realistic budget for your purchase and make sure you don’t buy something that will break the bank.
Warranties and Guarantees
Finally, look at each of the options you’re considering to see if the manufacturer offers any warranties or guarantees to protect your purchase. These can give you some peace of mind that you’re making the right decision to purchase a particular set.
Can you use a pan with a ridged bottom on a ceramic stovetop?No, you should not use any cookware pieces that have a ridged base. Pots and pans with this type of base may easily scratch your ceramic stovetop.
What size pots and pans should I get?If you are looking for the basic pots and pans that will make it easy to cook a variety of recipes, you should look for a two- or three-quart saucepan, a 10-inch sauté pan, and an eight-quart stockpot. With these three key pieces, you should be able to complete basic recipes.
Is some cookware toxic?Over the years, as more research has been done, we have learned more about the different materials used for making pots and pans. When looking for cookware, there are a few things you'll want to avoid. If you want nonstick pots and pans, look for products that do not contain Teflon, PFOA, or PTFE as these could be potentially hazardous. You should also avoid aluminum cookware, as too much aluminum exposure may be linked to some cancer or neurological problems.
How much does a cookware set cost?Cookware sets come in a wide variety of prices. You can find some options that are less than $100, while other sets may be closer to $1,000. The type of cookware, number of pieces, brand, quality, and a number of other factors will impact the cost of the set.
Now that you’ve read through our reviews, we hope we’ve helped you in your search for the cookware for ceramic top stoves. All six of the products we reviewed above would be an excellent addition to your kitchen, but the GreenLife Soft Grip Healthy Ceramic Nonstick is our top pick.
This is a 12-piece set that will provide you with all the cookware you’ll need to cook a wide variety of recipes. The pieces in this set feature the GreenLife Thermo spot indicator to let you know when they’re preheated and ready to use. They’re also nonstick, so you won’t need to worry about your foods sticking while you cook, and cleanup will be a breeze.
This is a set of high-quality cookware for a very reasonable price. We think you’ll enjoy cooking with these pots and pans and will be impressed with the results. Add the GreenLife Soft Grip Healthy Ceramic Nonstick to your cart today.