Electric grills come in handy for cooking steak when you can’t get a gas or charcoal one. However, they’re not all created equally, so it’s important to find electric steak grills for steaks to cook the perfect piece of meat.
There are several factors to consider when shopping around such as cooking surfaces, even cooking, and whether you need a stationary or portable one. We researched dozens of grills before landing on eight top-rated products we think you’ll love.
Let’s get into our reviews so you can find the right one for your home.
Best Electric Grills for Steaks
1. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
The George Foreman Grill is an indoor grill to cook steak for large groups of people. With its removable stand, it can be used inside or outdoors. Also, its nonstick coating makes it simple to clean and reduces the need for oils and butter. You can even remove the grill plate for faster clean-up.
Thanks to its domed lid along with the adjustable temperature control, cooking is even more efficient. The lid even prevents oil splatters for less mess.
Consumers largely appreciate how easily you can remove the stand so you can set it up indoors as well as you can outside. This is especially useful for those who live in apartments. Users also say it heats up fast and can cook meats thoroughly and evenly.
There were some concerns that the circular design could make it bulky when set up inside the home on a countertop. Also, this may benefit from having a longer cord.
- 240sq in. circular grilling surface
- 5-setting adjustable temperature control
- Nonstick coating and removable grill plate
- Removable stand for indoor/outdoor use
- Domed grill lid
- Fast heat-up time
- Ideal for apartment use
- Mess-free use with dome lid, grease channel, and drip pan
- Might be too bulky
2. Weber Q1400 Electric Grill
The Weber Q1400 is a compact grill that you can pack up and take with you anywhere. Moving it is a breeze too thanks to the ergonomic side handles. There’s a large grip handle for opening it up, and for the sake of durability, it features quality rear and front cradles.
It features porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates along with a cast aluminum body and lid. There’s a long cord to give you more room to plug it in, and for better clean-up, it comes with a removable catch pan.
Many buyers view this as a portable electric grill due to its compact design and easy-grip side handles. They also enjoy how user-friendly it is as it takes little time to learn to use effectively. Additionally, several consumers praise that the design allows the grate to maintain heat longer.
When it comes to precautions, consumers claim that the grill may take upwards of 20 minutes or so to fully heat up, more so if you want to get a good sear on your steak.
- 189sq in. cooking surface
- 6ft grounded cord
- Cast-iron cooking grate
- Infinite heat control valve settings
- Ergonomic side handles
- Porcelain-coated grates are easy to clean
- Long cord for simple plug-in
- Great portability
- Long heat-up time
3. Cuisinart GR-4NP1 5-in-1 Griddler
The Cuisinart GR-4NP1 is a 5-in-1 indoor steak grill that can fit right on your countertop. It functions not just as a full grill, but also as a half-grill/half-griddle, contact grill, Panini press, and full griddle. There are adjustable temperature controls along with indicator lights for easier management.
It has nonstick cooking plates that are removable and dishwasher-safe, and for mess-free cooking, they drain grease directly into the integrated drip tray.
Several people appreciate the nonstick plates because, even though it’s dishwasher-safe, it doesn’t take much effort to simply wipe the plates off after cooking. They also enjoy the quality of temperature control functions and how the drip tray is integrated into the unit.
Many did mention, however, that the plastic buttons that hold the grill plates together seem a bit low-quality. Also, the plates don’t always seem to heat up evenly.
- 100sq. in. cooking surface (closed) | 200sq in. cooking surface (open)
- Reversible, 5-in-1 plate design
- Adjustable temperature control with green and red indicator lights
- Nonstick, dishwasher-safe plates
- Integrated drip tray
- Nonstick plates are easy to wipe clean
- Wide temperature control settings
- The drip tray is integrated underneath
- It May have uneven heating
4. Elite Gourmet EMG6505G Indoor Electric Round Nonstick Grill
The Elite Gourmet EMG6505G is a premium indoor grill that features a large cooking surface so you cook multiple steaks at once. With a nonstick coating applied, there’s less chance you have to worry about anything sticking.
Its circular design allows for even cooking, and the fat and grease drip well into the integrated drip tray. The glass lid also lets you check on your meat without ever lifting it off until the meat is ready to flip.
Buyers seem to place this as a quality cheap electric steak grill as it heats up and cooks fast while still giving everything even heating. It’s safe to thanks to the heat-resistant handles and base. The grate is praised too for how well it cleans up with little work.
Some say that it may smoke quite a bit, more so if you apply cooking spray after heating it. Also, it might take some time to master temperature control settings.
- 12in. circular cooking surface
- Removable, dishwasher-safe nonstick grill grate
- Clear, tempered glass lid
- 5 adjustable temperature controls up to 450°F
- Heat-resistant base and handles
- Large, nonstick cooking surface
- User-friendly and safe design
- Easy clean-up
- Learning the temperature controls requires time
5. Kenyon B70090 Frontier All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill
With the Kenyon B70090 Frontier, you get an indoor grill for steaks and burgers that can reach high temperatures in 10 minutes. The concealed, insulated lid keeps smoke so it’s safer to use indoors and in apartment units. This also helps prevent grease flare-ups.
It’s made from quality steel, and it features a double-coated nonstick grilling surface that’s dishwasher-safe. There’s a waterproof digital control panel for heat settings and an automatic shut-off design.
There is plenty of praise about how well you can cook steak on a smokeless grill using this unit since its temperatures can easily reach 600°F in less than 10 minutes. With the insulated lid, it contains smoke while also offering even cooking. They also enjoy the quality stainless steel design.
Although it’s remarkably easy to clean thanks to the disposable drip pan, some users reported issues getting replacements as they can be a bit expensive.
- 155sq in. double-coated nonstick cooking surface
- Automatic shut-off in 60-90 minutes
- Rectangular, insulated lid, and cooking surface
- Digital temperature control panel exceeding 550°F
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Easy-to-read digital control panel
- Cooks even and fast with quick pre-heat time
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Getting the replacement drip pan can be difficult
6. Napoleon TravelQ PRO285E-BK Portable Electric Grill
The Napoleon TravelQ PRO285E-BK is a simple, reliable tabletop steak cooker. It features a high-top lid design and porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grids for even heating with the distinctive grill marks the company is known for.
Clean-up is fast thanks to the removable burners and thermostat so you can get to the drip tray with no hassle. To better move it around, the unit features quality side handles.
Consumers speak highly about how easy the unit is to use, especially thanks to the temperature gauge. They enjoy the snap clean-up process with the removable burners and thermostat too so they can get to the drip tray fast.
Some did have concerns about how fast you have to close the lid as it seems some of the heat can escape, which might interfere with how well you can get an even cook.
- 285sq. in. cooking surface
- Nonstick porcelain-coated cast-iron wave grid
- Windproof design to maintain heat
- Removable, adjustable thermostat
- Porcelain drip tray
- Fast clean-up process
- Wide, nonstick cooking surface
- Easy to manage thanks to the temperature gauge
- Heat may escape fast when the lid is opened
7. Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill
The Cuisinart CEG-980T may accommodate a meal for up to eight people, and it is wonderfully compact and easy to use indoors due to the folding tabletop stand. It’s lightweight too for better portability, and you can carry it around using the built-in handle.
This is designed to be used fast as it should pre-heat in around 5-10 minutes to the ideal temperature needed for steaks. You can scrub the grate clean with ease or remove it to wash it in the sink.
According to several tabletop electric grill reviews on the unit, consumers enjoy how well it works at maintaining their set temperature. They also praise how compact it is so that it’s easy for travel purposes and takes up little storage room. There’s still a good amount of cooking surface to grill multiple steaks.
However, there are some concerns about how hot the unit can get as some consumers feel it won’t sear a steak effectively.
- 145sq in. cooking surface
- Removable, porcelain-enameled grill grate
- Lightweight, compact design
- Removable electric probe with a control knob
- Built-in stainless steel heat reflector in the lid
- Maintains its temperature well
- Pre-heats fast
- Compact and lightweight for better portability
- Might not achieve a deep sear on a steak
8. Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
The Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill aims to deliver better cooking that’s even and leaves you with juicer meat. It features a porcelain-coated grill grate and a removable warming rack so you can have indirect cooking or use it to keep your food warm.
This includes an integrated knob for heat control, a lid-mounted temperature gauge, and a pull-out grease tray for fast clean-up.
Many praise this as one of the BBQs for apartment use thanks to the robust design and the reliable handles and wheels that make moving it around a breeze. The porcelain grate is easy to clean, and it heats evenly with good heat retention.
Many buyers did say that it doesn’t stay as warm with the lid open, however, and that it can take more than 30 minutes to reach high temperatures when you pre-heat.
- 240sq in. primary cooking surface | 120sq in. warming rack
- Infrared heat for even cooking
- Porcelain-coated grill grate and warming rack
- Integrated heat control and lid temperature gauge
- Pull-out grease tray
- Infrared heat for even cooking
- Quality porcelain-coated grate that’s fast to clean
- The temperature gauge in the lid
- Takes a long time to pre-heat
Making the Decision
From our list, we feel the George Foreman Electric Grill is the electric steak grill you can find. It’s affordable and designed for use indoors and outdoors. This has a quick heat time too with five temperature settings and a large surface for even cooking.
Feel free to take a look at our top pick and the rest of our choices to find the right one for your home cooking needs.