Efficiency is key when you are creating a delicious meal for your family. Get the facts about the best gas grills with a side burner so that you can easily determine which one fulfills the needs of your family.
Here you will learn about the specifications of each grill and you will see what other people have to say to ensure that you make the right choice.
With this comprehensive information that we derived following extensive research, you can easily compare and contrast each grill. Now, it is time to get started showing gas grills for the money.
Top Gas Grills with Side Burners Reviews
1. Napoleon R365SBPK-1-OB Rogue 365 Side Burner Propane Gas Grill
This is the best two-burner gas grill because it is easy to use. While it is rich in features, they are all straightforward so that you can figure them out within a day.
This grill is also easy to keep clean. Despite its larger size, you will not have to spend a lot of time cleaning the different elements after use.
- There are 495 square inches of cooking space so that you can prepare everything at once
- Use precise heat control to make sure that everything cooks at the proper temperature at all times
- It heats up quickly
- The grill maintains a steady temperature
- There is a lot of cooking space on the grill
- Some components may warp prematurely
2. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
The Char-Broil Liquid Propane Gas Grill provides sufficient cooking space so that you can cook an entire meal at once.
This grill’s burners maintain a stable temperature so that you do not have to worry about burning what you are cooking. Stainless steel makes up the burners to ensure optimal durability.
There are metal shelves on the side of the grill so that you can keep your cooking accessories within reach while using the grill.
The firebox and lid have a porcelain coating that offers protection when your grill is sitting outside. This coating also helps the inside of the grill to maintain a steadier temperature when you are grilling.
This is the best cheap 2-burner gas grill since it comes with all of the features that you need to prepare a whole meal. While budget-friendly, this backyard gas grill allows you to do everything from grill meats to making sauces and side dishes.
Other people mentioned its size. It provides ample space to make full meals even though it will not take up a lot of space in your backyard, making it a good choice for smaller yards.
- There are 280 square inches of cooking space allowing you to prepare full meals
- The side burner operates at 8,000 BTUs to ensure adequate power and efficiency
- It is easy to assemble
- The grill holds up to regular use
- You can regulate the temperature smoothly
- The powder coating may wear off prematurely
3. Weber Genesis II LX E-240 Natural Gas Grill
The Weber Genesis Gas Grill operates on natural gas, making it easy to have a constant and efficient fuel source for cooking. The two burners are easy to use and will maintain a constant temperature.
The cooking grates are made from stainless steel to ensure durability even when you are using the grill often. Take advantage of the additional warming rack that offers 114 square inches of space to keep your prepared foods warm while everything else is cooking.
The general cooking area is 380 square inches, providing you with plenty of space to cook a whole meal for a larger family or a small gathering on a warm day.
Many consumers said that this is an excellent 2-burner natural gas grill due to its fuel source. Natural gas is inexpensive, and you do not have to keep replacing a tank.
Other people mentioned the materials. They are strong and durable so you can use this grill often without causing any of the parts to wear out prematurely.
- There are two burners made from stainless steel to prepare sauces and side dishes simultaneously
- The grease management system makes this grill safer to use and easier to clean
- You can put it together quickly
- The grease management system is easy to use
- It does not take up a lot of space
- The gas valve may fail prematurely
4. Weber Genesis II E-330 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber 330 Gas Grill puts out 9,000 BTUs so you are getting a good combination of both power and efficiency. It will heat up and prepare your side dishes and sauces quickly due to this BTU level.
Take advantage of the sear station so that you can get strong enough heat to put sear marks on your meats. Since the grates are made from cast iron, they hold heat well and ensure that it is evenly distributed across the grate. The grate also has porcelain enamel, ensuring greater longevity and it is easy to clean.
The assembly instructions are interactive and in 3D. Due to this, it is easy to see exactly the steps you need to take to get your grill together in no time.
This is a good grill under 1,000 bucks because it provides all of the features that you need. You can easily create a grilled main dish along with several side dishes at the same time.
Some reviewers mentioned that this best 3-burner gas grill with a side burner is easy to clean. Once you are done using it, you will only need to spend a few minutes cleaning it up so that it is always ready for use.
- It has a searing ability to make professional-tasting meats
- The side burner allows you to cook and simmer various foods
- The side burner has strong temperature control
- You get even heat distribution
- The grill is relatively easy to assemble
- Some frame components may wear down prematurely
5. Napoleon Propane Gas Grill
The Napoleon Infrared Natural Gas Grill allows you to use a variety of cooking styles from grilling to using it as a rotisserie. You can even roast meats when you are using this grill.
This makes it easy to get the exact type of food that you want to serve to your guests. It also ensures optimal versatility.
The heat control is precise in making cooking easy. You can get the grill going quickly so that you are not waiting long to start serving your guests.
It is easy to get the knobs adjusted to the perfect temperature no matter what you are cooking. They also have independent temperature control, allowing you to prepare multiple foods at once.
Many consumers said that this is the best 3-burner natural gas grill due to its efficiency. It only uses small amounts of gas even when you are cooking at higher temperatures.
Other reviewers said that compared to Weber, this grill offers superior heat control. Once you set the temperature, you do not have to worry about it varying very much.
- It uses natural gas for fuel, ensuring optimal efficiency
- Prepare a meal for a large party due to the 710 square inches of cooking space
- The grates clean up easily
- You can cook in multiple styles
- The materials are very durable
- It can take a little time to learn all of the features
6. Char-Broil 463371719 Performance TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Cabinet Style Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Signature Gas Grill has a warming rack that measures 155 square inches, making it easy to keep prepared foods warm. Ensure even heating and easy cleanup due to the cast iron grates that feature a porcelain coating.
The side burner operates at 13,000 BTUs for optimal efficiency. When you are ready to use your grill, simply push a button and it will start to heat up right away.
Multiple 3-burner gas BBQ reviews for this grill mentioned that it is easy to learn how to use. All of the features are something that you can learn within minutes.
Other people mentioned the assembly. It does not take a lot of time to get this grill put together, allowing you to start using it shortly after you receive it.
- There are three burners so that you can cook multiple sides at a time
- With 420 square inches of cooking space, prepare a meal for your entire family
- It uses good technology
- You can put it together quickly
- The grill heats up fast
- The ignition may fail prematurely
7. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Gas Grill
The Char-Griller Gas Grill has both a warming rack and a primary cooking area, making it easy to keep your food warm when you are waiting for the rest of your meal to get finished. Take advantage of the utensil hooks so that you can keep all of your accessories within arm’s reach.
The ignition is electric, so the grill comes to life quickly when you push the button to get it started. This grill’s grates are made from strong cast iron. They also have a porcelain coating for more durability.
This is the best gas barbecue grill for the money, according to numerous reviewers. It makes it easy to prepare full meals and the cleanup takes little time.
Other people mentioned the materials and construction. You can use this grill regularly and not have to worry about components wearing out prematurely.
- Prepare your favorite meals efficiently due to the 40,800 BTUs that this grill puts off
- The side burner functions at 12,000 BTUs, allowing you to quickly prepare sauces and sides
- The grill heats up quickly
- It does not take long to assemble
- You get a lot of features with this grill
- The bottom of the body may start to rust with continued use
8. Weber Genesis II E-435 4-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber Genesis II Propane Grill has 69,000 BTUs for optimal efficiency when you are cooking. With four burners, you can make all of the side dishes for your meal while the main course is cooking on the grill.
The cooking grates are cast iron and have a porcelain enamel on them. This makes them easy to clean and resistant to damage and corrosion even when you are using the grill often.
In addition to the standard grilling space, you also get a warming rack with this grill. When it is not in use, you can tuck it away so that it is not in your way while you are cooking.
Take advantage of the grease management system to make the grill easy to clean when you are done using it.
This outdoor gas grill allows for strong temperature control and ease of use, especially when comparing it to Char-Broil. You can quickly learn how to use it and get evenly cooked foods.
Other people talked about the burners. They are very durable and provide plenty of space to cook almost anything on them.
- There are four burners for optimal cooking versatility
- With 844 square inches of space, you can prepare large meals quickly
- This grill has superior temperature control
- The stainless steel material is very durable
- It cooks everything evenly
- The openings on the cabinet are large enough for critters to get inside
9. Napoleon PRO500RSIBNSS-3 Prestige PRO 500 RSIB Natural Gas Grill
The Napoleon Prestige Natural Gas Grill offers a high level of BTUs to help make sure that you are able to grill efficiently no matter how much food you are preparing. The infrared technology offers even and consistent cooking on all elements of the grill.
The lid is a top roll style so that it is easy to close and open as needed. With a hose length of 120 inches, you have a lot of freedom regarding where and how you place this grill. There are LED lights on the grill that make it a lot easier to see when you are cooking at night or in other low-light situations.
This is the best large gas grill, according to consumers. You can make meals for a large outdoor gathering in little time due to the capacity of this grill.
Other people said that this grill has a strong construction, according to multiple 4-burner gas BBQ reviews. Whether you leave it outside or use it regularly, it can stand up to the abuse.
- It delivers 80,000 BTUs to ensure a high level of efficiency
- Due to the cooking area of 900 square inches, you can make a full meal for a large party
- The knobs light up so that it is easier to see at night
- There is a lot of space on the grill
- You get even heating throughout the process
- The assembly instructions could be clearer
10. Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Infrared Gas Grill ensures that your food cooks evenly while preventing flare-ups that could be dangerous. You get ample cooking space so that no type of food is out of reach.
The grates have a porcelain coating that keeps this resistant to rust and highly durable. This feature also makes it very easy to clean the grates when you are done using the grill.
To get it started, all you have to do is push a button. The grill will be started and ready to go so that you do not have to wait for a long time before you start cooking. Throughout the cooking process, you will not have to worry about hot and cold spot issues.
A lot of people said that this is the best 4-burner propane grill. You can quickly replace the propane tanks and it uses this fuel efficiently.
Other consumers mentioned that this is the best gas grill under $500. While it is a cheap 4-burner gas BBQ, you get almost all of the features that you get with a more expensive grill.
- It features four burners so that you can cook full meals at once
- The primary cooking space is 500 square inches so even full racks of ribs fit with ease
- The heating is very even
- You can clean the grill easily
- The grill starts up within seconds
- The warming rack could be larger
Factors to Consider
There are a lot of good gas grills on the market. To make the best choice, you have to know what factors to explore to ensure that you make the right choice. With the right information, it will be easier to see which of these top 10 gas grills are the best for you.
Grills come in a wide variety of sizes and you can find them with an average of one to four burners, depending on your needs.
However, there are grills on the market with as many as eight burners.
The width measurements for the grilling space range from zero to 26 inches to more than 43 inches, depending on the size that you need.
How you plan to use your grill will play a major role in which grill is the best.
Consider the following to pick the right grill for your cooking style:
Consider the following to
- If you prefer a slow and low style of cooking, a gas grill that has a smokebox or the ability to also incorporate charcoal is going to be your best option.
- If you want to get strong sear marks and cook thicker cuts of meat that will retain moisture at high heat, a gas infrared grill is an optimal choice.
If you plan to use your grill often, you will want to keep your accessories in one place that is convenient.
Many grills have storage capacity below the main grilling area.
The larger ones may even have side shelves and similar characteristics that allow you to keep all of your accessories within arm’s reach.
There are different materials used to make up the burners on a gas grill.
Learning more about them will help you to make the best decision as to which burner material is the best choice for you. The following are possible burner material types:
- Cast iron burners: These burners tend to have a lot of power. Just be aware that rusting is possible with cast iron.
- Infrared burners: If you want crispy edges on your meat or you want to caramelize foods, this type of burner is an ideal choice.
- Stainless steel burners: A perforated tube makes up this type of burner. If you want a clean blue fire and durability, this is the burner material that you want to choose.
- Tin burners: If you want a grill that is simple, this is the type of burner you will typically be using. Be aware that they do not hold heat, as well as other materials, and they, are highly prone to rust.
Is Gas Better Than Charcoal?Overall, it depends on your personal preferences. However, compared to charcoal, natural gas tends to be the less expensive option. When considering the cooking time for every dollar that you spend, gas is usually the better option. You also have to consider that charcoal tends to leave waste when you have a high level of control over the amount of gas that you are using.
How Are Natural Gas and Propane Different?Once you decide on a gas grill, you have to decide the type of gas that the grill will use. Compared to natural gas, propane is usually the denser of the two gases. When you are thinking about things like flavor and temperature, both types of gas usually produce the same results.
What is the Best BTU Rating for a Grill?There is no exact range for what level of BTUs will be the best for your grill. Since the BTUs are related to efficiency instead of temperature, you have to decide how efficient you want your grill to be and then you can go from there. With an efficient grill, you can get more out of every propane tank that you use to save money and ensure longer cooking times per full tank of propane.
With all of this information, it will be easy to determine the best side burner grill. When you make the right choice, it is easier to prepare the meals that your family loves most.
While all of these grills are solid options, the Napoleon Rogue 365 Gas Grill tops them all. It operates at 32,000 BTUs for optimal grilling and cooking power. On the grill alone, you get 495 square inches of cooking space.
The side burner offers more than enough space to get your side dishes and sauces ready for the main meal.
With a combination of stainless and porcelain-coated steel, you can rest assured that this grill will remain durable even when you use it frequently. Use this grill for a variety of cooking methods, whether you want to grill or roast your foods.
The next step is to evaluate all of the options that are presented here. Then, all you have to do is choose one and get to preparing your favorite meals.