If you love cooking, you need to invest in a grill that meets all your needs and expectations. This way, you can treat your family and friends to delicious and tasty meals like meat, pizza, chicken, vegetables, and pork. Out of all the grills, we tested out Kamado Big Joe vs Primo XL, and they came out worthy.
Although they have unique features, you need to have the best ceramic grill for the money. Read on to find out the standout specifications of each of the two items.
Kamado Joe vs Primo:
Kamado Joe Big Joe II Charcoal GrillView at Amazon
The model comes with high-quality features that make it outstanding among the others. It is red and has a long-lasting sheen that doesn’t fade off at all. Big Joe comes at a competitive price that you can afford seamlessly.
One of its unique traits that it has is the ash collector that helps you clean out the ashes from the charcoal. Plus, it comes with a multi-panel firebox that contracts and expands to minimize breakage.
It has a control tower top vent that you can use it to fine-tune the airflow. You can move it to the side so that the breeze can get to the grill.
The thick ceramic construction allows the grill to lock in all the flavor, smoke, and temperature. Plus, the cooking grid is 24 inches, so you can place all sizes of meat without limitation. The rack comes with half-moon sections so that you can have two cooking zones.
The lid has airlift hinges for ease of opening and closing at all times. You can optimize the thermometer to keep tabs on the temperature that suits the food. The foldable side shelves are made of aluminum to ward off any corrosion. The wire mesh fiberglass gasket and stainless steel latch offer the best seal on the lid.
In terms of wheels, Big Joe has cart casters that make rolling effortless. Other accessories include a grate gripper, deflector plates, and a charcoal basket. The bottom damper is present for adjusting temperatures as well.
The Kamado Joe BBQ review entails what customers are saying across the globe. According to some of them, the customer service is excellent, and using the grill is easy.
In addition to that, customers loved the grilling space and the flavor of their meals. Also, you can use it for cooking on both direct and indirect cooking spots.
Subsequently, according to Kamado smoker reviews, this brand remains unrivaled due to the ease of cleaning. What’s more, the flexibility in cooking allows you to prepare more than one meal using the half-moon sections.
- Breakthrough air Lift hinge reduces dome weight by 96%
- Exclusive Divide & Conquer flexible cooking system multilevel, half-rack design doubles cooking space and frees you to cook different foods on different levels and on different cooking surfaces
- Patented, All-Aluminum, no-rust, rain-proof control tower top vent maintains consistent air setting for precise airflow management
- All-new, double-thick wire mesh fiberglass gasket offers superior air-tight seal and 10 times the life of normal industry gaskets~~~New advanced multi-panel firebox six-piece design eliminates breakage
- Two-level cooking abilities
- The aluminum top vent prevents corrosion
- Lifetime warranty
- SloRoller for slow and perfect cooks
- The cart casters could have been a bit larger since they are small to ease movement.
Primo Grills Extra Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Smoker GrillView at Amazon
Here is the Primo XL review that starts with the shape of the oval model. This way, it gives you a large area to fit huge pieces of meat. The exterior is made of porcelain-coated material with ceramic features for the utmost durability.
The cooking grid is 25 inches meaning that Primo XL is the largest ceramic grill out of the two products. It has consistent temperatures that are between 80 and 400 degrees, thanks to the in-lid thermometer. It also has two cooking zones with half-moon racks for hot and moderate grilling as you like.
The cast iron top vent has a daisy wheel that you can use to let in some air. The handle has cool-touch features, but you should use heat-resistant gloves as well. The lid is secured with spring-assisted hinges to support the weight.
Primo is one of the Japanese-style grills that have a firebox for prolonged cooking. It has two stainless steel shelves on the side and a grate gripper as well. The brand has a steel cart that you can use to move the item around.
Consumers who have used Primo XL say that it has an excellent size since it can accommodate huge briskets. What’s more, the grill locks in heat and moisture and allows for slow cooking.
Most of them are happy with the product since it offers a lifetime warranty when they need to replace broken parts.
The bottom line, Primo XL serves you sufficiently if you have a large family or hosting a party with many guests. You will have to buy other parts such as the firebox, deflector plates, stand, and extension racks.
- Unique oval design for more flexible and versatile grilling and smoking
- 400 square inches of standard cooking surface; up to 680 square inches with rack extensions
- The exterior features a premium-grade ceramic blend coated with a protective, lead-free, scratch-resistant porcelain glaze
- Highest-quality ceramic for increased efficiency and durability
- One of the best Kamado grills made in the USA
- The oval shape accommodates large quantities of food including baking, roasting, grilling, and smoking
- Has an airtight shell that locks in flavor and moisture.
- Easy to assemble on your own.
- The Kamado egg BBQ design is more expensive than Big Joe
- You will need to purchase the stand and firebox separately
Insights and Takeaways
Ultimately, Kamado Joe is quite distinctive since it has an ash drawer that makes cleaning an easy process. The highlight is that it has all the accessories that you need, including a modern firebox, cart caster, deflector plates, and patented SloRoller.
Moreover, it is pocket-friendly compared to Primo XL, which is costly. Therefore, if you are on a tight budget, it is the best model for you. It is durable since it has aluminum properties that resist any form of corrosion. The divide and conquer system will allow you to cook multiple foods at different temperatures.
On the other hand, Primo XL has a signature oval shape that enables you to cook large meals such as the whole turkey. If you have enough money, you can buy it since you need to purchase additional accessories.
It is of high quality since it is originally made in Tucker, Georgia. You can set it up with sheer simplicity. The brand is efficient when it comes to charcoal consumption, and you can save up some energy.