There aren’t many things as pure, relaxing, and timeless as sitting around a fire. The only thing that drives us away is smoke, stinging our eyes and embedding a smell in our clothes that just won’t come out.
Fortunately, the innovation of smokeless fire pits is the solution to this problem, not to mention they produce more heat with the fuel they’re given, making them more energy-efficient as well.
If you purchase a smokeless fire pit that doesn’t perform well, you might as well sit around a regular campfire, which is why we’ve compiled this list of smokeless fire pit reviews so you can be sure you get a quality product.
We’ve looked over dozens of products to bring you the best of the best, and at the very end, we’ll recommend the fire pit to buy out of them all, so read all the way through. Now that you know what’s in store, let’s get into our reviews of the smokeless fire pits.
Best Smokeless Fire Pits
1. Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit
Solo Stove brings us another great product to put on our list, which is more lightweight than our previous Solo Stove smokeless wood fire pit, making it much more portable.
At only 20 pounds, this 19-inch stainless steel fire pit requires no assembly and comes with a heavy-duty carrying case for taking it anywhere you plan to get together, making it the perfect outdoor companion.
Buyers are delighted with the fire this smokeless fire puts out and how smoothly the fire pit operates overall. Some customers wish the bottom was removable because the ash is difficult to remove, but otherwise, the construction is satisfactory.
This Solo Stove product is a nifty smokeless fire pit with excellent performance and portability. With a minimalistic design and solid construction, this product is a straightforward way to give you flame without the smoke that takes away the magic of a good fire.
- 19 inches and 20 pounds of 304 stainless steel make this a portable and long-lasting fire pit
- The included carrying case makes the Solo Stove easy to transport
- Raised ash pan and double wall feature protect the bottom of the fire pit while you get optimal heat
- Less weight means this fire pit can be carried and stored just about anywhere
- Double-wall design keeps the fire burning and produces excellent heat
- Smokes initially but operates without any problems once it gets going
- Ash might be hard to remove since the product is all one piece
- Finish rusts if left outside, especially in the rain
2. Solo Stove Bonfire
The Solo Stove is 15 inches of sturdy 304 stainless steel, all in one solid piece with a stand that nestles comfortably on the bottom of this no-smoke fire pit.
The bottom vent allows air in, which heats within the double walls and creates bursts of hot air that fuel the flame without batteries or a fan.
The Solo is more comfortable to transport than the BREEO thanks to its lighter weight. It also works with any kind of firewood log to provide a level of warmth that relaxes everyone.
Customers are impressed with the quality of construction and the amount of warmth the fire pit puts out. Consumers are pleased with how clean the fire burns its wood and enjoy how it’s just the right weight to carry and store while still being stable and attesting to outstanding wind resistance.
The setup is incredibly easy, but some do warn that the sidewalls may dent while emptying the fire pit into another receptacle like a trash can.
The Solo Stove Bonfire is a product with a classic appearance and a strong performance. Consider this smokeless fire pit if you want impressive warmth and reliable construction.
- The bottom vent allows air in while the top vent releases air in a unique flame pattern for optimal heat
- Raised ash pan within the fire pit holds embers and coals while protecting the bottom surface
- Comes with a Carry Case-Cover for protection when transporting
- Solid construction while still being relatively lightweight
- Easy to start and puts out a high level of heat
- Works well against winds even at 20 miles per hour
- It Burns a bit slower than other fire pits
- Sidewalls are prone to denting when pressed against another metal surface
3. Esright 28.5 Inch Stove Bonfire Stainless Steel Outdoor Smokeless Firepit
Our first product is a 28.5-inch stainless steel smokeless fire pit from Esright. This fire pit is of 304 stainless steel and uses an efficient re-burn system to maximize heat output and eliminate smoke.
As long as you don’t sit the fire pit on a wooden deck or a combustible surface, you guarantee yourself a fire without any of the smoking troubles.
Buyers are awestruck by the remarkable beauty of this product; the stainless steel doesn’t rust, and the patina that appears on the steel over time adds to the eye-catching appearance.
Customers enjoy the durable quality of the material but warn that the product is quite heavy and not as portable as the advertisement makes it seem.
Buyers also suggest you always make sure you’re putting dry wood in your fire pit, as wet wood will make a bit of smoke as the water burns.
The Esright Smokeless Fire Pit is a product with the performance and construction to provide long-lasting quality. If you want a smokeless fire pit that you may never have to replace in your life, this product may be the answer to your prayers.
- Smoke-Free Stove Fire Pit
- Safety & High Efficiency
- Made of solid 304 stainless steel.
- Easy to assemble in 5 to 10 minutes
- Multiple Scenes Use
- Stainless steel lasts a lifetime
- Re-burn system doubles heat output without smoke
- The appealing appearance blends with all manner of home aesthetics
- Too heavy to be easily portable like the advertisement suggests
- The edge of the outer ring is relatively sharp and needs filing down for safe handling
- Sides can get incredibly hot, so be careful
4. Ciays Propane Fire Pits 28 Inch Outdoor Gas Fire Pit
The Ciays outdoor smokeless fire pit is fashionable and functional, coming with a unique design appealing to you and all your outdoor guests while providing the heat to keep the night alive.
This 28-inch, 55-pound steel fire pit takes propane and provides warmth with 50,000 BTU power. The stainless steel external controls make it a cinch to start the fire, and the rust-proof paint means the visual appeal of your Tacklife fire pit won’t degrade quickly over time.
Customers agree overall that the Tacklife fire pit is a gorgeous product with a sturdy build and a flame that provides more than adequate heat. While durable and classy, the instruction manual that comes with it is slightly confusing, so the fire pit is a bit tricky to assemble, unfortunately, and you may want to watch a video tutorial.
The Ciays fire pit is a more complex design, but the way it performs makes up for it is hard to put together. For a fire pit that you won’t need to store away or worry about looking out of place when you aren’t using it, this smokeless fire pit is a perfect addition to your backyard.
- 50,000 BTU puts out a powerful flame without the smoke
- The product comes with a lid cover that lets you turn the fire put into a regular table when not in use
- Stainless steel external auto-ignition gives you easy control over start-up
- Rust-proof black paint, wicker look, and antique copper art finish give this fire pit impressive visual appeal
- Comes with a 20-inch gas hose for a propane tank and volcanic stones to get you started
- Can be used as a fire pit or a table for use at any time, day or night
- Construction is highly durable, and the paint is rust-proof
- Heat control is incredibly simple, and the heat output is perfect for chilly nights outside
- Tricky to assemble because of unclear instructions in the manual
- Volcano rocks that come with the fire pit aren’t the prettiest to look at – many other buyers recommend glass rocks instead
5. Outland Living Series 401
When you’re talking quality smokeless fire pits, you don’t just want good fire pits to choose from, you want great fire pits, and the Outland 401 is the piece to rise to the title.
Not only is the style to die for, with arctic glass rocks, a tempered glass tabletop, and weatherproof wicker, but the functionality is top quality.
35,000 BTU power this 44-inch fire table from the inside, connecting to a 20-pound propane tank with the included three-foot hose to give you a flame that keeps you and all your guests pleasant and cozy.
Customers generally concede that this fire table is dramatic in the very best way. The product is easy to assemble, demonstrates high-quality construction, and has an excellent heat output.
The only downside seems to be that there is no cover for the fire pit area, and the glass cover sold separately makes it difficult to access the interior of the table. Some buyers recommend installing a plexiglass cover instead.
Outland truly delivers with this smokeless fire pit, which seems to have all kinds of bells and whistles going for it. For a fire pit with the ultimate style and functionality, this smokeless fire pit is beyond worth your consideration.
- Espresso brown weatherproof resin wicker panels (made with ultraviolet high-density polyethylene) make this fire table long-lasting
- Chrome pull handle allows you to easily access the inside where you’re able to hook up your propane tank
- Powder-coated aluminum frame provides a sturdy and robust base
- The excess flow valve safety mechanism on the hose ensures no accidents with your gas flow
- The stainless steel burner puts out 35,000 BTU with simple push-button ignition, and you can adjust the heat with the chrome flame adjustment knob for stress-free flame control
- Glass rocks add a gorgeous effect when you get the flame going
- Assembly is more straightforward than expected for such a large product
- Construction is high-end, and the internal storage is a nice touch
- No cover for the fire pit when not in use
- Outland sells a glass cover for the product, but it makes it a challenge to get to the inside of the table
6. Bond Manufacturing 67805A Aurora Bowl
The Aurora bowl is a smokeless outdoor fireplace that packs a lot of power into a small space. Despite being only 18 and a half inches, the fire pit has 54,000 BTU power coming off a stainless steel burner, which you can adjust or switch off with the auto-ignition dial switch.
At only 20 pounds, the fire pit is portable and comes with a lid that locks in place for you to carry with you and bring beautiful warmth with you wherever you wish to go.
Buyers are impressed with the visual appeal, the creativity of the lid, and the sturdiness of the construction. Multiple customers, unfortunately, have trouble with the ignition and warn that the cover may twist out of place if you don’t carry it carefully, however.
Despite its drawbacks, the features and performance that the Aurora offers are guaranteed to please you. For a smokeless fire pit small enough to become your camping companion and powerful enough to always provide you with the warmth you need, the Aurora is the fire pit that you need.
- Metal ring stand makes this unit safe on wooden decks
- Steel frame with rubbed bronze finish makes the construction reliable and beautiful
- Holes in the side walls allow light to bathe your camping area even with the lid on
- Smart-locking lid twists and locks in place for ideal portability
- The design of the fire pit is incredibly attractive
- Throws out exceptional heat for its size
- Excellent quality and long-lasting construction
- Ignition is a bit tricky to start and may take a couple of tries to work
- The lid might not stay in place while carrying, so be careful how you handle it
7. BALI OUTDOORS Firepit
Our last product is a fire pit with a side table design, built to last and fit right into your home decor. At 28 inches and 50,000 BTU, the stainless steel burner ensures you get the heat you deserve while giving you the interior space for storing even more than a propane tank.
With electronic ignition, a built-in control panel, and a safety valve, flame control is a cinch, and you’ll have a fire that keeps your company warm as long as you need it.
Customers are pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the unit is to assemble and how incredible the fire pit performs for the price.
Buyers enjoy the relative lightness of the table, making it easy to move from place to place as needed and agree the product comes in a rather elegant design. Customers do, unfortunately, have a bit of trouble igniting their fire pit, but once it gets going, the heat output is terrific.
The Bali fireplace is a product that does its job well while still being affordable. With its visual appeal, heat preservation, and storage space, this smokeless fire pit is more than worth the money.
- Interior storage lets you place a 20-pound propane tank inside while still giving you room for other necessary storage
- The built-in control panel blends into the fire table for a seamless appearance
- Lava rocks preserve heat to enhance the warmth the fire table puts out
- Dimensions: 28L x 28W x 25H in. , Weight 70 lbs
- Lightweight but still very sturdy
- Assembles very quickly for such a big piece
- Incredibly heat output enhanced by the included lava rocks
- Ignition is not automatic, despite the built-in ignition system, so you’ll need to light the table yourself
- Igniting the fire pit is a hit-or-miss
8. Outland Firebowl 870
Outland does it again, but this time with a 19-inch fire bowl with a completely different design, though that design is still top-of-the-line.
This 25-pound fire pit operates on 58,000 BTU with a stainless steel burner, gas tube ring for an even flame, and a chrome valve knob to adjust the height and strength of your fire.
Not only does it look clean and stand up to the elements, but it also passed CSA guidelines and is safe to use during most campfire bans, letting you have a bonfire wherever you please.
Customers are highly satisfied with the fuel efficiency, portability, durable construction, and thoroughness of the included instructions.
Buyers attest to the adequate size of the flame and the fact that the exterior doesn’t rust, making it ideal for backcountry camping.
The only complaint is that you should be careful during transit because the lava rocks will rub together and create dust, which may end up in places you don’t want.
When it comes to the inexpensive fire pits, you want quality, but you do get what you pay for. While the Outland FireBowl is a tad more expensive than one might wish, the quality of the fire pit can’t be beaten.
When a smokeless fire pit is as portable, well-constructed, and pleasing to the eye as this one, you know that every dollar you spend will be worth it.
- Comes with a lid cover and carrying kit for safe transport
- A 10-foot gas hose comes attached so you can hook up a propane tank with ease
- Steel construction with a protective enamel finish helps this fire pit stand up to outdoor conditions
- Natural lava rocks give off a visually appealing flicker effect
- Portable and lightweight while still offering a perfect-size flame
- Uses less fuel than you would expect, making it a very efficient unit
- Despite not being meant for prolonged outdoor use, the fire pit’s exterior doesn’t rust and stands up well to weather
- Fake rocks create dust when rubbed together; best to buy the protective bag that Outland sells
Factors to Consider
Sometimes narrowing down the perfect fire pit comes down to your unique preferences, so consider these factors when you choose a smokeless fire pit for your use.
If that crackling sound makes or breaks it for you, you’ll want to go for a wood-powered fire pit. Using a propane or natural gas fire pit, however, leaves you without the mess of ash and debris, and eliminates smoke overall.
Consider whether you want a fire pit that can go with you. Smaller fire pits and fire bowls are ideal for transport, unless they’re of a more massive variety, while fire tables are permanent placements.
Certain materials stand up to weather better than others. Aluminum holds up well against rust, copper can develop stains, stainless steel is called stainless steel for a reason, and cast iron is highly reliable but very heavy. Think about how often you’ll be using your fire pit and decide which material is best suited for the amount of use.
Where will you be using your fire pit? Some fire pits aren’t suitable for wooden decks, for example, and certain areas will have campfire bans that may not allow specific types of portable fire pits. It’s essential to know area laws and where your fire pit is safe to use.
Making the Decision
Choosing the smokeless fire pit isn’t the easiest decision, not with all of the high-quality products out there, which is why we want to share our verdict with you.
In our professional opinion, both the Outland products – the fire table and fire bowl – are outstanding fire pits that guarantee you terrific performance, construction, and value for money.
Our first choice would be the Outland Living Series 401 for its gorgeous visual appeal – arctic rocks, glass tabletop, wicker panels, what’s not to love? – excellent storage space, and outstanding heat output.
This fire table is a permanent fixture, however, so if you’re looking for a portable item, that’s where the Outland Firebowl 870 comes in. With even flame distribution, powerful heat output, and safety against campfire bans, the Firebowl is an ideal candidate for the portable smokeless fire pit.
As we mentioned previously, the perfect smokeless fire pit can sometimes come down to your preferences, so even if the Outland products don’t strike your fancy, there are plenty more to consider.
Just remember always to follow your state’s fire laws and be safe, then you should be able to enjoy the perfect smokeless campfire without the stress of any of life’s grievances weighing you down.