Whether you want a snack or a meal after a long day, you do not want to have to wait for hours for it to be ready. The toaster ovens under $100 are the perfect way to fast food that is healthier and more flavorful. Read reviews on some of the inexpensive toaster ovens and learn how to choose the right one.
We scoured the internet to find the ones with the best ratings and reviews. The next step is to keep reading to find the best one for your home.
Best Toaster Ovens under $100:
1. Hamilton Beach Countertop Toaster Oven
The Hamilton lets you place it on most countertops due to its more compact size. However, while it is compact, it has enough space for a 12-inch pizza. When you put food inside, you can choose from two rack positions.
The knobs are contoured, allowing you to maneuver easier and safer when you are using this oven. When you are preparing foods, you can broil, toast, or bake them, depending on your preferences.
Several people talked about the roll-top door. They said that it makes it safer and easier to put items into the oven when it is hot.
Other people said that there is enough space for snacks and food making it the toaster oven under $100. You can prepare enough for two to four people, depending on the food that you are cooking.
- It heats up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit to cook most foods
- You can fit up to six slices of toast at once to prepare a full breakfast fast
- There is a roll-top door
- You can adjust the rack
- The crumb tray makes cleaning easy
- It may start cooking slower with extended use
2. Black and Decker
The Black and Decker has a fan that ensures that the heat moves around the inside of the oven evenly and with ease. You can use it for everything from baking cakes to keeping food warm until you are prepared to serve it.
It has a high-temperature level that allows you to cook foods up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Because of this, you can use it for things that you would put into a traditional oven.
Fit in a variety of pans. This includes those with handles so that you can use your favorite cookware with this oven.
Multiple people talked about how you can cook an entire casserole in this oven. This allows you to use it for entire meals.
Other people said that it is very easy to use. It only takes a few minutes to figure out the controls so that you can start cooking almost right away.
- The interior is extra wide to fit larger foods
- It uses convection heating to ensure that your foods cook evenly
- It is very easy to use
- There is plenty of internal space
- It has a crumb tray
- The highest temperature may take longer to get hot compared to others
The Oster can fit up to six slices of toast at one time or a 12-inch pizza. You can control the temperature, ranging from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
When you are cooking something, there is an interior light that allows you to view the food. Use one of the seven cooking settings to ensure that you get your foods to the exact specifications that you want.
When you are finished cooking, remove the crumb tray for easy cleanup, making it one of the budget ovens. Several people said that you can fit a pizza inside this oven. This ensures that you can easily make a meal for several people at once.
This oven cooks evenly, according to many consumers. You will not have to worry about issues like cold spots when you are preparing food.
- Prepare almost any food since this oven goes up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- The 31.5-inch cord allows you to plug this in just about anywhere
- It is easy to clean
- There is a crumb tray
- You can prepare larger items
- The crumb tray may not stay secure
4. Cuisinart TOB-60N1
The Cuisinart quickly achieves the desired temperature. It also cooks consistently so that you never have to worry about cold and hot spots when you are preparing food.
The interior of this oven is non-stick. Because of this, you never have to worry about food getting stuck. Its crumb tray has a grip that is cool to the touch, allowing you to empty it easily and safely.
Several people mentioned its ease of use. The controls are easy to work with, allowing you to quickly get the right temperature and cooking option that you need.
Other people discussed how easy it is to clean. Once it is cool, you just need to wipe it down and it is ready for use again.
- Quickly get your oven to the right temperature due to its 1,800 watts of performance
- Prepare up to six pieces of toast due to its 0.5 cubic foot interior capacity
- It fits on most countertops
- You can clean this oven easily
- There are multiple cooking functions
- The shelf sits too high from the bottom of the oven
5. Elite Gourmet ERO-2008NFFP
The Elite Cuisine has 0.8 cubic feet of interior space. This makes it easy to prepare larger items when you want to avoid using your regular oven. The temperature goes up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Its timer allows for up to 60 minutes of cooking time and will let you know exactly when your food is ready.
A lot of people talked about the temperature range. It is among the options for the small toaster oven under $100 because it heats up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Other people mentioned its versatility. You can use it to cook a wide array of foods exactly how you want them.
- Due to this oven’s 23-liter capacity, you can use it for everything from pizzas to small rotisserie chickens
- There is a timer so that you can cook it exactly to your specifications
- You can cook a full chicken dinner
- It maintains a steady temperature
- The controls are simple to figure out
- The rotisserie rod may come loose when you are cooking chicken
The Cuisinart has six functions that allow you to do everything from keeping foods warm before you serve them to baking things. You can also toast bread exactly to your specifications due to the toast shade control feature.
The interior of this oven is non-stick, making it easy to keep things clean. Use the LED indicator to power your oven. When you are ready to clean up, just wipe it out and empty the crumb tray that you can remove.
Multiple people talked about how reliable this oven is in their electric oven reviews. It gets hot fast and does not take a long time to cook a wide variety of foods.
Other consumers mentioned how easily this oven fits onto their countertops. They said that they have no problem finding a place for it even in small kitchens.
- The internal capacity is 0.6 cubic feet, allowing you to fit up to a 12-inch pizza
- With 1,800 watts of power, your foods will not take a long time to cook
- This oven heats up quickly
- You can easily fit it onto most countertops
- The crumb tray makes cleanup easy
- The setting dial inks may wear off prematurely
7. Betty Crocker
The Betty Crocker cooks items quickly and thoroughly. It maintains its temperature very well and ensures that foods are evenly prepared.
The crumb tray drops down to ensure adequate space inside the oven. The automatic shutoff and the 60-minute timer make it easy to cook things safely.
This oven heats up fast, according to many consumers. This ensures that you are not waiting long to start cooking. Other people like its size. The interior is spacious, but it easily fits onto most countertops.
- The heating elements are quartz to ensure they maintain a constant temperature
- Cook items up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure efficiency
- It is very efficient
- You can fit it on most surfaces
- Cleanup is fast
- It can get very hot on the outside when it is working
The Dash shuts off automatically to prevent it from getting too hot. This helps to keep things safe when you are using this oven. It is small and compact, but it gets hot fast. This allows you to cook food quickly and evenly.
This oven is perfect for snacks and small meals, according to numerous reviewers. Other people said that they liked the size of it. You can fit it just about anywhere.
- This oven has precision temperature control to ensure your foods come out exactly as you want them
- Overheating is prevented by the automatic shutoff feature
- This oven is energy-efficient
- You can clean it easily
- Fit this oven almost anywhere
- It cannot accommodate most foods
Factors to Consider
While you are looking for the affordable toaster oven, there are several factors that you have to think about. Having this information helps to ensure that you make the best choice.
Space and Size
There are two primary considerations when it comes to the right size and space. What do you plan on cooking and where do you plan on putting your toaster oven?
Measure your countertop space to ensure that it can accommodate the oven.
You can find the measurements for toaster ovens in the specifications. Just use a tape measure to measure your countertop so that you choose the right size.
Think about where you want to put the toaster oven and consider how far away the outlet is. Measure this space so that you can choose the right cord length. While it is possible to use an extension cord, this is not recommended because it could present a safety hazard.
Where you plug in your toaster oven will depend on the wattage. If it is a larger oven with more wattage, you will need to plug it into a wall socket on its own to ensure optimal safety.
Trying to plug in a toaster oven with a higher wattage into a surge protector could come with the risk of the surge protector getting too hot, resulting in a fire.
What You Will Cook
Certain foods require certain heat levels. You want to make sure that your oven can get to the temperature that you need for this.
Many get to about 450 degrees Fahrenheit, so they will be sufficient. Just make sure to check the specifications to ensure that the heat range is enough for what you need to cook. To keep your hands safe while cooking, use BBQ gloves.
What Do the Different Settings Mean?To ensure that you pick an oven that can cook food to your specifications, it is important to know what the different settings mean. They include:
- Bake: The bottom and top heating elements are working.
- Broil: this uses the top heating element.
- Convection bake: This uses the bottom and top heating elements.
- Toast: This uses the bottom and top heating elements.
- Warm: This uses the bottom and top heating elements.
- Defrost: This prepares foods for cooking using the bottom and top heating elements.
Can You Use Foil in This Type of Oven?It is not recommended that you use foil in this type of oven. This is because it could cause overheating of your toaster oven. In some cases, it could cause the internal temperature of your oven to exceed 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Will the Cook Times Be the Same as a Traditional Oven?This will depend on what you are cooking. When you look at food packaging, you will often instructions for toasters and traditional ovens. Always use the cooking times that are listed for a toaster oven to get the best results. In many cases, a toaster oven cooks items faster than a traditional oven.
Are Toaster Ovens Easy to Clean?These ovens are relatively easy to clean. Some come with different features that make cleaning even faster, such as a crumb tray that you can remove. It is okay to use a damp cloth to wipe out your oven, but never get it very wet. It would help if you also avoided cutting tools and cleaners since these could cause damage.
You are now armed with the information that you need to choose the budget oven. Take your time and evaluate your options while comparing the features of the ovens to your needs to make the best choice.
The Hamilton Beach is the top choice. While it has a solid inside capacity, the oven is relatively compact so that you can easily fit it onto your countertop. A full 12-inch pizza can fit inside this oven.
It features contoured knobs that are safer and easier to maneuver. Move the racks into two positions so that it is easy to fit the items that you want to make. Due to the roll-top door, it is quick and easy to keep this oven clean. Now all you have to do is make your purchase.
This oven will make it a lot easier to create everything from basic meals to snacks.