You have spent hours seasoning and cooking your brisket to get it just right. Did you know that slicing it correctly is as important as preparation? You don’t want to damage the meat by tearing the fibers with a knife that is not made for slicing brisket.
Keeping the juices intact is another aspect that adds to the flavor. The wrong type of knife will allow them to escape before the brisket is served. When looking for the right knives for slicing brisket, you will find there are two types – manual and electric.
Which one is best? Both are good choices. It really depends on the preference of the person who will be slicing the brisket. We have extensively researched the following knives, including manual and electric, to aid you in choosing the one that will slice your brisket perfectly.
Our research took into consideration the price, durability, value, and quality. This post will give you the information needed to make an informed decision when choosing from the numerous options available. Let’s get started with the top 3 picks from the list.
Our Top Recommended Picks for Slicing Brisket
- The one we chose as the number one best knife for slicing brisket is the Mercer Culinary M13914 Millennia. It is made from Japanese steel and when sharpened, the blade is razor-sharp for the perfect cut.
- Our number two pick is an electric knife, the Cuisinart CEK-40. This knife comes with two stainless steel blades. A butcher-block holder is also included for storing the base and blades when it is not being used.
- The TUO Cutlery Slicing Carving Knife is our third pick and has been chosen as “one of the world-best kitchen knives” by Ezvid Wiki, the largest video wiki in the world that provides helpful information to millions.
Keep reading for a more in-depth review of each of our top 10 picks.
Best Knives for Slicing Brisket:
1. Mercer Culinary Knife M13914 Millennia for Slicing BrisketView at Amazon
Our top choice of the best brisket slicing knife is the Mercer M133914. Mercer is a provider of top-quality kitchen tools for your everyday use as well as commercial settings and culinary professionals.
The Millennia line of cutlery is a top choice of professional chefs, particularly for exceptional performance and advanced features.
The M13914 Millennia has blades made of Japanese steel, and they are resistant to rust and corrosion. This knife makes precision cuts, and is easy to handle.
Tested by NSF, a world provider of solutions for risk management associated with the public health and safety, this knife met the high standards for performance, quality, and safety.
- An ergonomic handle offers comfort when for users
- The knife has textured finger points for better gripping when in use
- A finger guard help to protect your fingers when using the knife
- The handle is made of Santoprene and polyporopylene, providing comfort and durability.
- The steel blade resists discoloration.
- Becomes dull quickly
2. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife for Slicing BrisketView at Amazon
Many people prefer an electric knife for slicing brisket. This knife not only includes a blade for carving meat, but a second one for slicing bread.
Cuisinart, founded in 1971, is a well-known name when it comes to kitchen products. The CEK-40 is one of their quality products that performs quite well.
If you are looking for the best electric knife for slicing brisket, you will find this one is easy to use with a one-touch on and off switch and a powerful motor.
- An ergonomic handle that is easy to use for right- or left-handed people
- A tray that holds the base and the knives when they are not being used is included
- An integrated safety lock prevents turning the knife on accidentally
- Well-known manufacturer
- Provides cuts smoothly and quickly
- The blades are high-quality stainless steel to prevent rusting
- The casing can crack
- When carving a lot of meat, it can be tiresome keeping thumb pressure on the on/off trigger
3. TUO Cutlery Slicing Brisket Carving Knife Fiery PhoenixView at Amazon
TUO prides themselves on creating and delivering kitchen knives that are of the highest quality and at a reasonable price for amateur cooks and professional chefs.
Their commitment includes hiring only bladesmiths that have more than 20 years of experience in this industry. The Fiery Phoenix uses HC German stainless steel to make it the best brisket carving knife. This premium steel resists rust and corrosion and is designed for long-lasting use.
The design of the blade allows cutting brisket as well as trimming, filleting, butterflying, and de-boning other meats. An ergonomic Pakkawood handle provides a comfortable fit while in use.
The Fiery Phoenix carving knife was chosen by Ezvid Wiki as one of the best kitchen knives in the world. As a choice for professionals or for using in the home, this knife offers flexibility, strength, and durability.
- A 12-inch, narrow blade allows carving brisket as well as slicing cakes and bread, ham, roasts, and turkey
- The blade is also non-stick, which helps prevent tearing of meat
- Comes already sharpened for immediate use
- Well-known name in kitchen cutlery
- Designed for long-lasting performance
- The tip of the knife can bend after very little use
- The steel of the blade somewhat overhangs the handle and is very sharp
4. DALSTRONG 12” Slicing & Carving Brisket KnifeView at Amazon
This meat carving knife is from Dalstrong’s Shadow Black Series. With a design that stands out from the crowd, it does not stop there. The knife also provides high-quality performance when it comes to slicing brisket.
The blade is scalpel-sharp, having been finished using the Honbazuke method, a Japanese method, wherein the blade is hand-sharpened in three stages.
Made from a single piece of steel, the blade has a coating of Titanium Nitride that helps resist corrosion and prevent sticking when carving meat.
This Dalstrong carving knife has a military-grade handle, making it highly resistant to moisture, cold, and heat.
The design of the handle also adds to the comfort of the grip and is textured, so that it prevents slipping while it is being used. Dalstrong has been providing amateur and professional cooks culinary tools of high-quality since 2012.
- Each blade includes a sheath for easy storage
- The blades are weighted to provide balance and reduce fatigue in your hand when using it for extended periods of time
- The height of the blade provides clearance for your hand helping you to slice and chop more easily.
- The blade edge is finished to 15 degrees per side, creating a very sharp knife for carving and slicing
- Ergonomic handle for gripping easily
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- The tip of the blade can break
5. Zelite Infinity Slicing Carving Brisket KnifeView at Amazon
When it comes to choosing a meat slicing knife, you want performance and comfort. The Zelite Infinity has a twelve-inch blade allowing it to cut brisket as well as other meats including ham, turkey, roasts, and poultry.
The handle is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort while in use. The bolster or area between the blade and handle is tapered for balance and control.
Zelite is a family-owned business, and they offer five different series of knives. The Zelite Infinity is part of the Comfort-Pro Series, designed for value and performance.
This carving knife has a high carbon stainless steel blade that resists discoloration, corrosion, and rust. It is also non-stick, so it slices through meat easily.
- A 15-18 degree cutting angle for exact slicing of meat
- A rounded end prevents the tip from breaking as some knives do
- A visually appealing addition to your kitchen that will be noticed
- Extra sharp
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Comfortable grip
- Somewhat expensive compared to other carving knives
- Difficult to sharpen to the original condition
6. Victorinox Swiss Army Fibrox Pro Slicing Brisket KnifeView at Amazon
Featuring a blade that is 12 inches in length, the Victorinox Pro Slicing Knife combines Granton bevels and a rounded tip to create air pockets as it slices.
This reduces friction and helps the meat separate more easily. It is easy to slice thick or thin cuts with the high-carbon stainless steel blade.
This brisket cutting knife is made by Victorinox, a trusted name and global company that has been in business since 1891. Their original Swiss Army Knife was developed in 1896 and was made for soldiers in the Swiss Army.
The knife sports a comfortable handle for maximum control and ease of use. It can be used for slicing all types of meat – both firm and soft.
- Fibrox Pro handle provides a non-slip and secure grip for all hand sizes
- The design of the handle reduces fatigue in the wrist and hand
- Made of European steel, it is lightweight for ease of use
- Dishwasher safe
- Approved by the National Sanitary Foundation (NSF)
- Arrives razor-sharp
- Expensive compared to other knives on this list
- May be too long for some users
7. MAIRICO 11-Inch Carving Brisket KnifeView at Amazon
Mairico is a leader in the manufacturing of high-quality and long-lasting kitchen products. Their knives are no exception.
Designed to make your carving go smoothly, their 11-inch stainless steel knife provides a long blade for precision cuts.
This is a length most often preferred by professional chefs. The knife has an ultra-sharp blade, making it a good choice for briskets as well as other types of meat and vegetables.
This Mairico carving knife cuts through frozen meats just as well as fresh ones. It will make thin restaurant-style slices and thicket cuts without sticking and tearing the meat.
A rounded end on the blade helps to prevent the tip from breaking. It arrives already sharpened to perfection, so it can be used immediately. This knife is also an attractive addition to your kitchen.
- Ergonomic design for ease of use
- Stainless steel blade resists rust and corrosion
- A case is included for storage
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Secure grip
- Good weight distribution
- May be difficult to sharpen to the original condition
8. Mercer Renaissance Slicing Brisket KnifeView at Amazon
As previously mentioned in our review, Mercer is a provider of top-quality kitchen products for amateurs and professionals. This slicing knife is no exception.
It has a triple-riveted handle providing strength, and the spine is rounded for the utmost comfort and grip control. The blade is constructed of high-carbon steel that resists stains, corrosion, and rust.
Although it can be placed in the dishwasher, it is recommended that the knife be hand-washed to provide the best care for the blade and surface.
The edge is taper-ground, offering the best in efficiency, longer-lasting sharpness, and easier sharpening. Mercer’s chef knives are sharpened to 15 degrees on each side, so they are quite sharp and ready to use right out of the box.
- A short bolster allows the entire blade edge to be exposed for simpler sharpening
- Granton blade for the least resistance when slicing
- Ergonomic Delrin handle provides comfortable use
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Works with different types of meat
- Requires sharpening often when used frequently
9. DALSTRONG 12” Chef’s Knife & SlicerView at Amazon
If you are going to be preparing large briskets or other cuts of meat, this Dalstrong knife will get the job done with its extra-long blade.
Meat can be sliced as thin as you would like with the razor-sharp blade made of high-carbon German steel. Hollow divots prevent the knife from sticking while using it to slice or carve, and this helps to preserve the juices from escaping from the meat.
A black Pakkawood handle that is triple-riveted assures a good grip when it comes to controlling and comfort. The length of the blade and the design allows your knuckles to be clear of the meat.
The Dalstrong chef’s knife is a brisket cutting knife, but will easily slice BBQ, fish, roasts, and a variety of other meats with smooth precision.
- Chromium has been added to the blade to prevent stains
- The tapered design provides flexibility as well as strength
- Tempered precisely to provide long-lasting use
- Ergonomic design for comfort
- A second end cap for balance
- Attractive satin-finished blade
- Somewhat expensive compared to other knives on our list
- It may be too long for some users
10. Black & Decker EK 700 Electric Knife for Slicing BrisketView at Amazon
Rounding out our list of the top 10 is an electric knife, the Black & Decker EK 700. This knife offers up to nine inches of slicing with a 7 ½ “ blade and 9” tang.
The blades are removable and dishwasher-safe, making cleanup a breeze. This electric knife is designed to make slicing easier and more comfortable.
Made by Black & Decker, which was founded in 1910, the slicer is a continuation of their power tools made for the home. The motor provides plenty of power for slicing brisket or other meats. This electric knife comes with a sheath to hold the blades.
The EK 700 rated very well when reviewed at America’s Test Kitchen, a cooking show that provides unbiased ratings and reviews to aid consumers in buying top-quality kitchen equipment.
- Safety-lock button prevents the knife from being turned on accidentally
- Ergonomic handle provides control and comfort during use
- Can be used for slicing more than meat; for example, it cuts upholstery foam evenly
- Reasonably priced
- Comfort-grip handle lessens wrist fatigue
- Adequate cord length
- The position of the safety button is difficult to operate without using both hands
- The blades can tend to wobble when the knife is being used
Our #1 recommended best knife for slicing brisket is the Mercer Culinary M13914 Millennia. The knife includes several features that offer precise slicing, such as the high-quality Japanese steel blade and finger points that are textured to prevent slipping. This knife is affordable and includes a limited lifetime warranty.
Another Mercer product of comparable quality that we reviewed is the Mercer Renaissance Slicing Knife. Both are good choices when it comes to quality and value.
Whether you prefer a manual or an electric knife for slicing brisket or other cuts of meat, you will find that you now have the information needed to make a good choice. That is why we have included both in our list. Are you ready to prepare and serve a delicious brisket? Get your new knife now