Did you know that you don’t need to own a dedicated juicer to enjoy making natural juices out of fruits and veggies at home? We Tested blenders that mix contents so well that they eliminate the need for owning a juicer.
In our blender for smoothie reviews, we put various blenders to the test and narrowed them down to the blenders for juicing and smoothies.
Read on to find tips on how to select the blender for smoothies. Picking the right blender allows you to enjoy making natural juices out of fruit right at home within a short time and with minimal effort.
Best Blenders for Juicing and Smoothies
1. Magic Bullet Blender for Juicing and Smoothies
We rated this item as the blender for the smoothie due to the unique features the designers have incorporated into it. The base has a 250-watt torque, and you get additional cups and blades when you buy it. The entire body measures 4.01 x 4.48 x 11.61 inches while the top work bowl is made of sturdy plastic.
Consumers who have used the Magic Bullet blender love its compact size because it makes the blender portable. Many users were also impressed by the detachable flip lid that allows the blending cup to double up as a portable juice cup.
- The strong motor supports various methods of blending including chopping, mixing, blending, whipping, and grinding.
- Easy operation with a simple twist to start and stop the blender
- Packaging includes recipe guides to aid beginners who are new to blending and juicing
- An easy flip-up top lid allows you to enjoy drinking your juice on the go straight from the cup
- Cups are safe for dishwasher cleaning and are wide enough to fit the hands for handwashing
- The plastic cups are safe for dishwasher cleaning
- The juicing cup has a lid that allows it to be used as a portable cup container
- Easy to use
- Supports multiple blending methods
- Sold with all the essential pieces you need for juicing
- Ideal only for making one serving of juices at a go
- Not strong enough to break down frozen foods
2. Ninja BL610 Professional Countertop Blender for Juicing and Smoothies
The Ninja Professional has a compact size and features Total Crushing Technology, making it the blender for juicing greens, crushing ice, and making smoothies. It is powered by a 1000-watt motor and comes with a large mixing cup that holds up to 64 Oz of food contents with large calibration markings on the side.
The front has three buttons for speed control while the top lid is removable.
Families who own this blender commend the manufacturer for bringing them a juicing machine that is super easy to use when making smooth juices in a short time. They like the accompanying menu, which allows beginners to get started with the blender as soon as they remove it from the packaging.
- Low, medium, and high motor speed settings allow you to vary the blending force according to the hardness of the food inside the blender
- A large cup holds enough food content to make juice for the entire family
- 6-blade assembly achieves smoother blends within a short time
- Parts detach for easy cleaning and are safe for the dishwasher, excluding the base
- Cleans with minimal effort since all parts apart from the base are dishwasher-safe
- Packed with a 25 recipe book
- The 3-speed variation allows the juicing of hard and soft foods
- The superb performance when new dwindles with time as the blades become blunt
3. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender for Juicing and Smoothies
The Hamilton Beach is portable and serves as one of the smoothie mixers for personal use. The sleek design is shaped elegantly with a screw-on lid that has a pop-up opening at the top. The blender has a 14-ounce jar while the interior comes fitted with stainless steel blades.
A single-touch power button is located just above the base while the blender connects to the typical 120-volt power outlet.
Fitness enthusiasts like this compact blender that doubles up as a juice container for the convenience it brings them. The small size fits inside the gym bag without adding a lot of weight and the one-button operation is easy to use when you want to juice up some fruits away from home.
- Single-touch blending with a one-touch power button makes this blender easy to operate
- Stainless steel blades spin at one speed enough for making smoothies, shakes, baby formula, marinades, salad dressing, and much more
- 175-watt motor packs enough power for the blades to crush ice cubes
- The compact design allows you to take the blender with you to work, school, or the gym
- Easy to operate with only one button
- Fits inside small spaces and bags
- Cleans within a short time
- Does not handle making a large amount of juice
- Has only one speed
4. Mueller Austria Juicer Ultra Power
Users who need to produce large quantities of natural juices need the high-powered blender just like this one. This juicer is powered by a powerful motor with an 1100-watt power output that supports a 2-speed configuration.
The top has a wide cylindrical chute with a safety locking mechanism. The body and disc blades in the interior are made of food-grade stainless steel that is surrounded by an Italian micro-mesh filter.
Owners praise this high-powered blender for its ability to blend both soft and hard foods. The 2-speed configuration allows mastication of both soft and hard foods, fruits, and vegetables for a healthy diet.
- The 3-inch wide chute is tall and wide enough to allow feeding of large quantities of food items at the same time
- The anti-drip top edge of the chute prevents spills and messes in the kitchen
- Fitted with an overload protection system that prevents damage by shutting off the blender in case the motor overheats
- Stainless steel body and disc blades clean with minimal effort to allow the preparation of safe and healthy food
- Supports 2 speeds of 12000 rotations per minute for soft fruits and 15000 rotations per minute for hard fruits
- Blades are strong enough to handle the blending of both soft and hard foods
- Fitted with overload protection, which prevents accidents
- Makes enough juice for the whole family
- Makes a considerable amount of noise when running the motor at a high speed
5. Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend for Juicing and Smoothies
The sporty look of this miniature-sized blender always makes you want to grab it when traveling out. It is powered by a 250-watt motor that can be bumped up to 400 watts for ice crushing. It features a built-in failsafe fuse while the body of the blending cup is made of food-safe plastic.
With its top features, you are sure to enjoy using this blender for kale smoothies, fruity squashes, and crushed ice-cooling punches. This portable blender has 15.25 X 5 X 5 inches dimensions and comes packed with instructional recipes. It also features a 16-inch long power cord.
Owners applaud this sporty blender for its ability to hold so many functionalities inside a small size. The cup also acts as the bowl allowing you to drink straight from the blender which reduces the cleanup you have to do in your kitchen.
- Sport bottle is made from sturdy material and delivers healthy and safe food
- Blending action with this blender is easy with the one-stop and action button
- Its compact size makes it ideal for carrying juices to work or school
- The resettable fuse shuts down the motor in case it overheats
- Compact size is easy to carry and store
- The cup and lid are dishwasher-safe
- The fuse prevents accidental fires when the motor overheats
- Cannot handle making juice for many people
6. Cincred Personal Blender for Juicing and Smoothies
This countertop blender packs innovative features that make it the perfect blender for perfect smoothies. With a powerful motor housed inside the base, 4 stainless steel blades in the interior, an easy-to-carry double-duty cup, and a single-step start/stop functionality, the blender was designed to deliver a top performance. The bottom of the blender is raised and a flip-open lid and 400-milliliter cup are included in the packaging.
Buyers recommended this blender for use whenever you’re away from home and want to make smoothies. The strong blades and powerful motor achieve a smooth mix of fruits and veggies while the lid that comes in packaging allows you to drink straight from the cup.
- Blender cup doubles up as a portable cup to take juices with you on the go
- Covering the lid with a flip-open top allows you to drink straight from the cup without transferring the contents
- The cup and lid detach from the base for easy cleaning in the dishwasher
- Four blades and a powerful motor work together to blend food items into a smooth mix
- The raised base has a gap for storing the power cord and allows cooling of the motor
- Compact size is easy to carry along to the office, gym, or school
- Achieves uniform juices without any lumps
- Simple to use
- Parts detach for effortless cleaning
- Only available in one-cup capacity
7. BLACK+DECKER Crush Master for Juicing and Smoothies
The Crush master blender from Black Decker completes our list of the machines to make smoothies. This awesome blender runs on a 550-watt motor and allows a 10-speed configuration with pulse control. It comes with a 6-cup Jar, 4 multilevel stainless steel blades, and a one-ounce measuring cup.
Owners say the blender works well for food prep, but it lacks safety features, which prevent the blades from spinning when the jar is not locked into place. This can lead to messes. The users also warn new users to be careful when fitting the jar on the base.
- 10-speed control and pulse configuration allows you to set the optimal blending speeds for different foods and results
- The large jar holds lots of food contents and has a spout for precise pouring
- 4 multilevel blades improve blending efficiency, thus reducing the time taken to get a uniform mix
- Parts detach for cleaning
- Supports 10 speeds and pulse control
- Blades spin even when the jar is not properly sited on the base
8. Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional for Juicing and Smoothies
The Vitamix Professional blender is designed to give the juicer smoothie makers a run for the top position. It comes with a high-capacity pitcher, a powerful motor with multiple speed variations, and propeller-like blades on the interior. The base connects to the normal 120-volt AC outlet and comes with a 6-foot power cord.
Buyers report loving the results of blending food items with this strong blender, which is uniform and void of lumps. The self-cleaning jar in particular is loved for its ability to reduce the amount of cleanup needed after meal prep.
- Speed control dials with multiple speed configurations put you in control of juicing or blending
- A large pitcher holds lots of food contents
- Hardened stainless steel blades with propeller-inspired design thoroughly blend contents into a uniform mix
- The jar is self-cleaning with just a drop of dish soap and water reducing the cleanup effort and time after blending food contents
- Covered under a 7-year warranty guaranteeing you value for money
- The mixing jar self-cleans with minimal effort
- Blending results are uniform and don’t have any lumps
- Straightforward control knobs are easy to understand and use
- The blender moves around a lot when set to high speed
- Very noisy when it is in operation
9. Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender for Juicing and Smoothies
This Blender from Instant Ace makes both cold juices and hot soups. We rate it as the go-to blender for frozen smoothies, which is enabled by the multiple features and functionality included in its manufacturing.
It features a 1.6-liter pitcher made of tempered glass, 8 hardened steel blades, a programmable microprocessor chip, and touch button controls. It runs on a powerful motor with up to 500 RPM torque that allows up to 10-speed configurations.
Cooks who work in busy kitchens laud this blender for its performance. It handles large amounts of food contents at a go while the blades are strong enough to handle even the hardest nuts.
Some people complain about the price being on the higher side but that is expected with the awesome functionalities that you will not get on other blenders.
- 8 hardened steel blades are strong enough to crush soft fruits and hard nuts in a short while
- Touch buttons on the control panel for a one-touch configuration of the blender
- The large pitcher is made of tempered glass for durability and is clear for real-time monitoring
- The motor is adjustable to 10 different speeds which allows you to optimize blending to the desired smoothness
- The microprocessor allows presetting blending delays of up to 12 hours and heating contents for up to 2 hours
- Digital temperature display allows real-time heat monitoring of the contents
- Has many customization configurations for blending
- Supports heating the contents to the desired temperature
- A large pitcher holds many contents for blending in one cycle
- Has a long learning curve
- Priced high
10. La Reveuse Personal Size Blender for Juicing and Smoothies
A personalized blender for morning smoothies with all the functionalities to make your work easier is what we can say about this product in summary. It comes with twin 16 Oz cups with flip-open cover lids and runs on a 250-watt motor. The interior has 4 leaf-shaped blades made of fortified stainless steel.
Buyers say that the ability of this blender to make smooth juices is a little wanting because the slag cannot be filtered out. However, it performs amazingly well for smoothies, shakes, and sauces
- Easy operation is enabled by the twist and lock mechanism for starting and stopping the blender
- The sleek design is compact and fits inside a small space on the kitchen counter or office desk
- Flip-top covering lid allows you to drink straight from the blender cup
- Powerful motor and strong blades support chopping, blending, mixing, grinding, and pureeing
- Conveniently sized for traveling and use in the office
- Easy to operate
- Comes with an extra blending cup
- Not optimized for juicing
- Blades do not break ice cubes completely
Benefits of Using a Blender for Juicing
Blenders with strong blades can be used as juicers because they achieve a smooth blend of the food contents you put in them. The juice you get as a result is thicker and contains fibers, seeds, and peelings all blended into a thick paste that goes down smooth.
Unlike juicers that just extract juice from squashy fruits, blenders can blend up hard foods like nuts. This makes for better nutrition and wholesome smoothies.
Factors to Consider
When choosing a blender you can also use for juicing, you need to keep the following factors in mind:
Type of blender
Blenders are classified into various types depending on their size and functionality.
- Hand blenders are small in size and can only handle blending soft fruits. They are also known as immersion blenders and make only one serving of smoothies, squashes, or soups.
- Bullet blenders are similar to hand blenders but they have more powerful motors with greater blending power that handle even tough fruits like carrots. They are ideal for making protein shakes and can make one or two servings. They come in sleek designs and portable sizes with flip-up covering lids that allow you to take your juice on the go.
- Countertop benders are larger and can handle the making of smoothies that include hard fruits together with seeds and peelings. They are used at home ideally on the kitchen countertop and have large capacities for two to four servings.
- High-performance blenders are state-of-the-art blending machines that come with many features and extra strong blades. Modern blenders categorized as high-performance blenders come with programable microprocessors that allow you to store your favorite settings and many settings that make it possible to customize the resulting blends.
Look for safety features in the blender you want to buy. Some blenders have overheat protection systems that stop the motor when it overheats to prevent damage. Also, look for blenders with lock safety features that prevent the blender from starting if the cup is not properly locked into place.
Ease of cleaning
Most blenders are made with parts that are safe for cleaning in the dishwasher. Look out for detachable parts that you can simply toss in the dishwasher for cleaning. Some manufacturers also make their blenders in a way that their blades are self-cleaning. For such models, you simply fill the cup with water and soap and power the blender for a while to sanitize it.
Consider getting a blender from a manufacturer who provides a warranty cover for their product because this gives you the guarantee that you are getting a top-quality product. Be sure to read the terms and conditions on any warranty agreement to know if only some parts are covered or if the manufacturer covers all the parts that make up the blender.
We recommend the Magic Bullet Blender for buyers looking to get the blender for smoothies. We rank it top because it’s capable of blending a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, roots, and juices.
The compact size makes it ideal for personal use and the fact that the lid with a flip-up opening allows you to drink straight from the cup makes it viable for use when you move out of the kitchen.
It is easy to operate by simply twisting the blender and the powerful motor in the interior supports various food preparation methods including chopping, mixing, blending, whipping, and grinding.
If the Magic Bullet is not your first choice, you can also consider blending with the other products featured in this article which also have many pros.