Grilling is a unique way to cook your food and sometimes the conditions just don’t allow for you to grill. That’s why you need to get the best smokeless indoor grills so you can keep the grilling going no matter the condition or place. But how do you know which models are best?
We’ve used our grill experience to narrow down a list of the top models on the market. By comparing characteristics such as versatility, temperature ranges, dishwasher safe-ness, etc., we’re able to recommend specific top models to you.
Top Indoor Electric Grills Reviews
1. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
The first model we’ll check out in the best smokeless grills review is the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill. This grill has a windowed lid for transparency while cooking (helps prevent over- or undercooking). Inside the lid is a grill hood and the unit also has a large drip tray.
In conclusion, Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill is a great smokeless grill option and our top recommendation for its quality at a fair price.
- Total cooking surface: 118 sq. in.
- Temperature range: 200º – 450º
- Windowed lid so you can check on your food without opening the grill lid
- Indoor grill hood, plate, and extra large drip tray (all removable and dishwasher safe)
- Power and pre-heat indicator lights
- Dimensions: 12.4″ x 16.73″ x 6.81″
- Weight: 8.14 lbs
- The large drip tray protects your countertops from grease and can easily slide out for cleaning
- Windowed lid allows you to peep at your food without disrupting the cooking process
- Some consumers note the clips that hold the windowed lid are extremely sharp
2. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor-Outdoor Electric Grill
The next model, our second top recommendation in these best indoor smokeless electric grills reviews, is the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill.
This grill has a large cooking surface of 240 square inches and can cook about 15 burgers/servings at once. Impressively, it’s also apartment approved so you don’t have to worry about agitating your landlord or being unsafe.
The George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is a great second option for a smokeless, indoor grill. Being apartment approved is a huge plus and makes it more appealing.
- Total cooking surface: 240 sq. in. (roughly 15 servings of burgers/dogs)
- Adjustable temperature control
- George Tough Nonstick Coating
- Indoor/outdoor removable stand
- Apartment Approved
- 1600 Watts, 120V
- Temperature indicator lights
- Dimensions: 22.2″ x 20.5″ x 13″
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Comes with a versatile, removable stand for using on countertops or standing alone
- Sports a non-stick coating so you don’t have to worry about your food being ruined by sticking to the grill
- One consumer has noted chips to the grill surface after a few uses
3. T-fal OptiGrill XL Stainless Steel Large Indoor Electric Grill
The best indoor electric grills will allow you to cook an array of food and a decent amount at once, too. The T-fal OptiGrill XL provides just that experience.
This grill has a cooking space of 315 square inches and comes with nine auto-cooking options for an assortment of meats. The drip tray and plates are both dishwasher safe as well.
In conclusion, the T-fal OptiGrill XL is the most versatile model in review thus far. If you plan to use your indoor, smokeless grill for a wide array of foods, this is the model for you.
- Total cooking surface: 315 sq. in.
- 9 Auto cooking programs: burger, poultry, sandwich, sausage, red meat, fish, pork, bacon, and shellfish
- Die-cast, aluminum nonstick plates
- Dishwasher-safe drip trays and plates
- 1800 Watts
- Frozen mode for cooking frozen food; manual mode with 4 temperature settings for cooking vegetables
- Preheating/ready indicator light; audible beeps for rare, medium, and well done
- Recipe book included
- Dimensions: 18.9″ x 9″ x 14.8″
- Weight: 11.5 lbs
- Die-cast, aluminum nonstick plates help to release food with no hassle and the drip tray and plates are dishwasher-safe
- A notable size of consumers report the grill breaking or becoming faulty after a few uses
4. DeLonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
This next model in the indoor electric grill reviews is the first model on the list with a full glass lid. The DeLonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill has a much smaller cooking surface than the previously reviewed models at only 72 square inches.
The plates are non-stick and easy to wipe clean. Additionally, the thermostat is detachable (for storage) and adjustable.
The DeLonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill is great for those looking for a compact, small smokeless grill for countertop use. The fully tempered glass lid is ideal for keeping track of the progress of your food.
- Total cooking surface: 72 sq. in.
- Tempered glass lid
- Drip tray that’s integrated and removable
- Detachable, adjustable thermostat
- Easy-to-clean, non-stick grill plate
- 1500 Watts, 120V
- Dimensions: 19.7″ x 13.2″ x 6.7″
- Weight: 10.8 lbs
- You have a full view of the food you’re grilling with the fully-glass lid so you’ll never over- or undercook
- Has a smaller total cooking space than most comparable models
5. Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe
This next indoor kitchen grill does a little more than just grill. The Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe has six different cooking modes: a contact grill, a panini press, a complete and half griddle, and a full and half grill.
It also adds a top melt feature making it one of the most versatile models on the market. Its cooking space is large enough at 240 square inches, but note that that’s with the lid open.
In conclusion, the Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe is great if you’re looking for a model with more capabilities than grilling. Its maximum temperature of 500ºF is also a selling point, being one of the highest thresholds on the market.
- Total cooking surface: 240 sq. in. (when open)
- 6-in-1 cooking: contact grill, panini press, full/half griddle, full/half grill (+top melt)
- Dual-zone temperature control (maximum temperature of 500ºF)
- Integrated drip tray, cleaning/scraping tool, dishwasher-safe accessories
- Removable, reversible, nonstick grill/griddle plates
- 1800 Watts
- Dimensions: 14.61″ x 15.67″ x 7.56″
- Weight: 13.3 lbs
- 6-in-1 cooking options makes this grill versatile and great for a variety of cooking occasions
- Has a maximum temperature ceiling of 500ºF, which is ideal for searing food
- Some consumers report running into issues and not receiving much customer service
6. PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid
The next best smokeless, indoor, electric grill in review is the PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid. This model, as the name suggests, has a full glass lid so that you can keep an eye on your food’s progress.
This unit utilizes a Turbo Smoke Extraction feature and has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning. The PowerXL grill also sports an LED smart temperature control system for proper temperature moderation.
The PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid is a serviceable little indoor grill and is perfect for countertop use. It comes at an affordable price and the temperature control system makes cooking easy.
- Grill and griddle surfaces (interchangeable)
- Total cooking surface: 108 sq. in.
- Tempered glass lid
- Turbo Smoke Extraction and removable drip tray
- LED smart temperature control (maximum temperature of 450ºF)
- Removable, non-stick ceramic grill plate
- 1500 Watts
- Dimensions: 21″ x 15.4″ x 8.1″
- Weight: 17.6 lbs
- Interchangeable griddle and grill surface allows for versatile cooking ability; glass lid allows you to see your food throughout the cooking process
- LED temperature control is easy to use and the unit can max out at 450ºF
- Some consumers question the 450ºF temperature ceiling, claiming they cannot get the grill that hot
7. Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
The final electric, kitchen grill in review is the Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill. The unit utilizes a Control Master heat control system that maintains the proper cooking temperature automatically, but you can adjust it to your desire as well.
The grease automatically falls toward the drip tray for easy cleanup. The plate is also dishwasher safe to simplify things further.
The Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill is great for simple countertop grilling. The grill plate isn’t perforated so you get a bit of griddle experience but it comes at one of the most affordable price points of all the models in review.
- Control Master heat control maintains the proper cooking temperature automatically
- Cool touch base surrounds the grilling surface on the front & back sides, non-stick grill surface
- Grease automatically drains from food into a drip tray
- Dishwasher safe; spatula included
- Dimensions: 13″ x 19.25″ x 3″
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Control Master maintains proper cooking temperature automatically while also providing adjustability
- Comes with a spatula for added value
- No lid for protecting from grease popping off of food and the grill
8. Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle
The Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle is the next indoor cooking grill we’ll check out. This grill has 3-in-1 versatility being capable of being a full griddle, a full grill, or a half griddle/half grill.
This allows you to cook separate types of food at once and even the whole meal together. It has a moderate cooking space of 180 square inches, which is plenty for most things you might grill.
The heat is of course adjustable and there is a grease tray situated between the two plate sides of the grill.
In conclusion, the Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle is one of the more unique models on the list and comes highly recommended thanks to its reversible grill/griddle plates.
- Total cooking space: 180 sq. in.
- 3-in-1 versatility: full griddle, full grill, half grill/half griddle
- Reversible plate: grill on one side, griddle on the other
- Double cooking zones: 2 x areas with independent, adjustable heat and center grease channel
- Removable drip tray; PFOA-free, non-stick plates (both dishwasher safe)
- Dimensions: 12.51″ x 23″ x 6.71″
- Weight: 8.91 lbs
- Reversible plate allows you to either grill or cook on a griddle
- Two independent cooking areas allows you to cook different foods at the same time; cook your entire meal at once
- Some consumers claim that the drip tray doesn’t collect all of the grease and over time this creates a buildup
9. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
The next portable indoor grill, the Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill, is similar in form to the PowerXL model without a glass lid. With a variable heat range of 176ºF – 410ºF, this grill is capable of cooking many different foods to perfection.
The unit sports cool-touch handles and housing so that it remains safe to touch while in use (NOT THE GRILL PLATE). The entire model disassembles easily so cleaning is simple; the drip tray is also dishwasher safer.
The Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill is another solid option to consider for your smokeless grill. However, not having a lid, this unit requires a heightened sense of awareness while using it for safety purposes.
- Total cooking surface: 115 sq. in.
- Disassembles easily for cleaning; dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Variable heat control (range: 176ºF – 410ºF)
- Cool-touch handles and housing
- Non-stick grill plate
- 1300 Watts, 120V
- Dimensions: 20.5″ x 14.1″ x 6.1″
- Weight: 1.03 lbs
- The entire grill disassembles easily for dishwashing the entire unit
- Cool-touch handles and housing keep the grill unit safe while in use
- A few consumers note the plates not retaining heat at the maximum temperature setting
There are so many variations of smokeless grills on the market and the options might seem overwhelming.
We consider the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill to be the best smokeless, indoor grill on the market thanks to its durable design with an indoor hood and windowed lid for easy progress tracking.
Perhaps the grill form is a bit much for you, and if that’s the case we suggest you consider the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. The versatility of being able to be used on a stand or countertop is more convenient than you could imagine.
Regardless of the model that’s caught your eye, be sure to compare its specs to other models to ensure you’re covering your bases and getting everything you want out of it.
With so many great options on the market, making a poor decision is hard. So get your smokeless, indoor grill today to juice up your kitchen life!